IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day 31

Septic Peg

Even when Birmingham gifted that goal inside the first minute, I was never confident that we’d go and kill the game off in that first half. 

Not a dig in anyway, it’s just you never get that feeling we’re onto a convincing victory.

2 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

I just can't work Weimann out. Always puts a shift in but his contribution tonight has been very poor. Passing awful and heading non existent, a liability this half.

He should have scored after 5 mins to put us two up, instead (as so often the case with his shooting) leans back and blasts over. Predictable hits over again when should have passed, lost possession 2 or 3 times and scores a deft header for them... but, of course, he runs around an awful lot!

LJ needs his head read if Weimann comes out for the 2nd half with Wells still on the bench.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Here we go. One bad half after four wins and it starts again 

No - not one bad half. At home and just one shot on target - AGAIN

Desperately needed signings (apparently) sat on the bench.

I've never been a 'Lee-out' but I am really struggling to understand his approach to home games.

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I initially thought he should’ve done better, but I’m not sure it’s his fault, pretty unlucky with how the ball landed at Hogan’s feet. 

Frankie would have been lambasted for the same thing tho!

Quite simply if he doesn't drop then the 2 Brum players are offside

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s weird isn’t it. Now obviously isn’t the time for the LJ out pitch, but there has to come a time when even LJ must realise how bizarrely shit we are at home. 

He must make changes ASAP. 

This season - and quite possibly Johnson’s future here - will live or die by our home form for the remainder of the season. We seem well set up to pinch points on the road and I think we’ll continue to do that.

There are no excuses now. He’s been backed in January, he has the tools, and he has to solve the conundrum.

Archived