IGNORED

Extended interview with LIAM FONTAINE

Shtanley

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Out of interest are these players approaching you?

I spent the first few weeks of lockdown using my poor persuasive email tone into DMs on insta/twitter. Luckily the vast majority have said yes pretty swiftly 

32 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

My dad pointed this out to me. There's only so many times people will accept hearing "When did you first become aware of football"

It's an important question though! Maybe you could ask it in different languages? Or in different musical styles. 

One thing I think we need to give you big credit for is managing to conduct a podcast interview via Skype/Zoom. We all know from these bloody family calls how it can be difficult to be conversational with those platforms.

Cheers for the episodes @Shtanley @petehinton - I found myself refreshing the podcast app several times on Friday awaiting its release and delayed going for a run as a result. They’ve been great.

Now football is returning, I wonder if it’s better for you to delay releasing some of the Cider With episodes so they don’t become too samey, particularly with players from the play-off final era. 

I think you’ve hinted that Noble will be appearing in a future episode. I listened to an entertaining podcast with him on it a couple of years ago - it might help with a bit of research!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/magic-sponge-jimmy-bullard-rob-beckett-ian-smith/id1072130463?mt=2&i=1000394269046

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

Cheers for the episodes @Shtanley @petehinton - I found myself refreshing the podcast app several times on Friday awaiting its release and delayed going for a run as a result. They’ve been great.

Now football is returning, I wonder if it’s better for you to delay releasing some of the Cider With episodes so they don’t become too samey, particularly with players from the play-off final era. 

I think you’ve hinted that Noble will be appearing in a future episode. I listened to an entertaining podcast with him on it a couple of years ago - it might help with a bit of research!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/magic-sponge-jimmy-bullard-rob-beckett-ian-smith/id1072130463?mt=2&i=1000394269046

Spot-on.

Great listen but can we switch up the Era a bit to avoid the same questions and answers.

Listened to Lita and Orr today. Two entertaining episodes. Mr Fontaine will be for tomorrows round of fence painting. 

Listening via Spotify is far less frustrating than web / libsyn. I have given up on plenty of OSIBs during the season after the screen shuts off and lost my place. 

Thanks for your efforts. Much appreciated. ?

10 hours ago, Pound Lane Red said:

Listened to Lita and Orr today. Two entertaining episodes. Mr Fontaine will be for tomorrows round of fence painting. 

Listening via Spotify is far less frustrating than web / libsyn. I have given up on plenty of OSIBs during the season after the screen shuts off and lost my place. 

Thanks for your efforts. Much appreciated. ?

Yep Spotify or Apple Podcasts is far better than web! Linktree is below if you ever struggle to find us on other platforms:

https://linktr.ee/osibpodcast

I thought he came across well. Didn't want to go into detail about the vibes around GJ's sacking, which is fair enough but otherwise I thought he had plenty of interest to say. 

Like others I echo the comments on the quality of these. It's been a great listen. My only comment on this one probably more than others, was that it felt like you had a script you were following for the interview rather than allowing any conversation to flow. At times it felt like you could maybe have discussed his answers a bit but you seemed keen to go to the next question on your list.

Still a fantastic listen - have been a fan of all the cider with episodes so far and looking forward to seeing who you get lined up for the next couple of weeks before normal service resumes! 

Have seen a few good suggestions for future interviews but as I am an old un, and I think there are a few more on this forum, I got to thinking who could I suggest and for some reason came up with Jantzen Derrick. Bit of an old school footballer from a different era, Bristol born and bred, years at City, one of the early transferred abroad players and still lives local living and working in various capacities here in Bristol.

Archived