IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day 38

Septic Peg

At first I looked at the line up and thought WTF but then gave it some more thought and kind of makes sense to start off like this and switch it up as we warm up.

We did well with Rowe at LB earlier in the season, kept it tight.

an attacking 3 of O’dowda, Patterson & Elliason could be actually work with Fam keeping the CBS occupied - Smith & Massengo protecting the back line.

Could be interesting if it works.

COYR

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Got to say GJ is looking well, relaxed. The break`s done him a lot of good.

I was kinda surprised to see him as a guest - assumed with his history of heart problems he would have been shielding.

9 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

Robins TV suggesting O'Dowda in behind Fam. Can only say he looked Sharp taking his goal at Southampton. 

Strange selection but none of us can know how they have looked in training. 

I presumed they had been doing open watch training sessions that I didn’t know about. In all honesty, I was hoping for two upfront etc, but when you think about it, it’s not surprising if Wells has had a knock & I never expected Afobe to start anyway. Biggest surprises for me is Nagy not in the 20 ( fully fit? ) & DaSilva on the bench. COYR 

I guess from LJs perspective 5 subs gives you a great opportunity to set up in one formation and style and then dramatically change things if you need to.

Eliasson + Diedhiou isn't a particularly effective attacking force when you look at the stats, but then I'm not certain we've seen them supported by Paterson and O'Dowda so that may change here.

It's potentially a good side so let's just give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Commentator says Wells has knock. No mention of Dasilva having knock.

So I assume Rowe is picked to try and deal with Sam Gallagher height and strength.

Rowe is very physically strong but I find that ridiculous. You have to trust in someone as good as Dasilva whoever we are up against.

Unfortunately Johnson has always worried about the opposition rather than play to our positives.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So I assume Rowe is picked to try and deal with Sam Gallagher height and strength.

Rowe is very physically strong but I find that ridiculous. You have to trust in someone as good as Dasilva whoever we are up against.

Agree....unless he wants Jay when opposition tiring???

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

But it’s why we have a squad. Dasilva will get plenty of game time.

2 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

Wells slight calf strain. 

I got one of them the other day. Was walking the hound in the fields above the house and a bastard little bullock started chasing us. Needed an unusual turn of speed from me to get to the style. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For comparison sake, Blackburn's lineup contains some surprises. Weaker than I predicted! From BBC site:

GK: Walton

Bennett Lenihan Adarabioyo Rankin-Costello

Evans Travis

Gallagher Holtby Downing

Brereton 

Tbh I'm not entirely sure how they line up formation wise but it looks good in the centre but weak out wide!

If Elliott Bennett is at RB that's a strong boost, had he been ahead of Nyambe that's different. Their left side also feels exploitable. At LB is a 19 year old right sided midfielder who has played maybe 5 or 6 games for then

Surprised at Bennett in & Nyambe out,,,

Nyambe's class...injury??

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

Unfortunately Johnson has always worried about the opposition rather than play to our positives.

Why can’t it be both? Nullifying the opponent is in itself a positive, no? 

I like the look of the team and to have Wells, Afobe and Palmer to bring on as a defence tires it a great prospect. 

Archived