IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day 38

Septic Peg

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Why can’t it be both? Nullifying the opponent is in itself a positive, no? 

I like the look of the team and to have Wells, Afobe and Palmer to bring on as a defence tires it a great prospect. 

Or just start with your best team?? I realise there maybe reasons behind today but none can argue we worry about the opposition too much.

That being said it sounds like I'm  being negative already. We have a cracking chance for the play offs so let's start positively.

22 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

Robins TV suggesting O'Dowda in behind Fam. Can only say he looked Sharp taking his goal at Southampton. 

Strange selection but none of us can know how they have looked in training. 

O’Dowda has played in a central position when on international duty so it could be a cunning plan by LJ

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why can’t it be both? Nullifying the opponent is in itself a positive, no? 

I like the look of the team and to have Wells, Afobe and Palmer to bring on as a defence tires it a great prospect. 

Plus Dasilva burning down the wing. With 5 subs, the starting 11 is not the be all and end all. We all need to get used to that. 

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Or just start with your best team?? I realise there maybe reasons behind today but none can argue we worry about the opposition too much.

That being said it sounds like I'm  being negative already. We have a cracking chance for the play offs so let's start positively.

I firmly believe there is no such thing as a ‘best’ team when you have good quality in depth. On his day Fam can be better than Afobe and Wells, Afobe can be better than Fam and Wells and Wells can be better than Fam and Afobe. 

Ultimately you cant start 2 players in every position. 

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Plus Dasilva burning down the wing. With 5 subs, the starting 11 is not the be all and end all. We all need to get used to that. 

Exactly. It’s a squad game, it’s no longer the days of a best XI and a bunch of reserves. 

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I got one of them the other day. Was walking the hound in the fields above the house and a bastard little bullock started chasing us. Needed an unusual turn of speed from me to get to the style. 

Lucky you didn't pull it. 

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

O’Dowda has played in a central position when on international duty so it could be a cunning plan by LJ

Not a fan, but suspect that’s his best position. 

Also think he’s one who could benefit from no fans in the stadium. He seems to be far better in training than in matches, so the (lack of) atmosphere should give him the right ‘feel’ to put in a performance.

11 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Unfortunately Johnson has always worried about the opposition rather than play to our positives.

Isnt picking defenders all about worrying about the opposition? Dasilva is talented going forward but I think he's a concern as a defender against a bigger man.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah but you have to start the first game back with our best left back don't we?

I’m not sure tbh. I’m normally a great advocate of picking your best team and letting the opposition worry about you. But this is unprecedented. LJ even referenced Blackburn’s starting XI possibly being affected by the individuals physical and mental reaction to the covid situation. Perhaps it’s the same thing here.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah I get the feeling LJ is thinking a lot about who is coming on.

But by that time it might be too late if he doesn't get the starting line up right.

Not massively against it. Maenpaa and Dasilva should be in though imo if fit.

Yeah but you have to start the first game back with our best left back don't we?

Not if you have a better option for the game

14 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Surprised at Bennett in & Nyambe out,,,

Nyambe's class...injury??

Big surprise! Can only assume injury. Don't think he's suspended.

They look quite weak out wide for sure, had it been a right side of Nyambe and then Bennett as a wide right midfielder up v Eliasson that would make some sense but that aside...

Archived