IGNORED

Other Manager Options (Merged)

southvillekiddy

1 minute ago, Matthew me said:

If he's playing games we should of moved on.

This is another Eddie happening all over again

chill,

We'll have a new head coach this week,

Interviews were only Thursday and Friday, the season only finished last week, intact interviews took place 1 day after the season finished,

Just now, Monkeh said:

chill,

We'll have a new head coach this week,

Interviews were only Thursday and Friday, the season only finished last week, intact interviews took place 1 day after the season finished,

I'm sure we will have a head coach soon, but will it be the one we should of got!!!

We should already know virtually every applicant , these are not unknown people

How long does it take to interview 3 people and offer a job!!!

Seven weeks and counting... Players already on holiday. The new coach should already have been here two weeks ago

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

if that were the case robbo, is he really the man to take over? Would his head be turned at the first job that became available?

Its almost as if the club need to do their due diligence......

We don’t know Monkeh but maybe Hughton sees himself as a PL manager......:dunno:

Assuming of course that CH has actually applied for the City job and been interviewed nut again that’s something we don’t know for sure.

38 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yes...I've read that interview. 

One thing that MA is good at is bugging himself up.

He says communication is paramount.

Does anyone think his communication is good or could be improved? Does he delicate communication to others? Does he communicate more when things are going well? Does he put his head on the line when fans are at their least happy...or does he expect the coach to take all the flack and appease the media?

To me he is classic Mr Teflon. Responsible for everything but accountable for nothing. If he was at any other club I would regard him as a smarmy snake.

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, it's bonkers.

If you know the candidates records and personalities, as you do in this media world, then you know which one has the qualities, abilities and experience that you want.

I generally was hired for my jobs through a similar process of interviews but the exception was where somebody had worked with me a lot previously and just asked if I wanted to do it and then took me to lunch to discuss terms.  In that case I would have been pretty insulted had I been required to go through the same procedure as an unknown but commonsense ruled.

When Neil Warnock was appointed by Cardiff he said a major reason for accepting was that there was no interview process because Vincent Tan said his record in football management stood for itself. 

Classy.

As Mr Punch would say: that's the way to do it.

2500616180_104f98a00a_b.jpg

Where does that crocodile get to...

Bristol+City+v+Reading+Sky+Bet+Championship+zbjJ7KLnVc3x.jpg

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

We don’t know Monkeh but maybe Hughton sees himself as a PL manager......:dunno:

Assuming of course that CH has actually applied for the City job and been interviewed nut again that’s something we don’t know for sure.

We've seen a physio get Southampton to the prem,

We've seen ex England managers screw up a good Derby and Leicester side,

Hughton could get us up but there is the same chance he could get us relegated,

We just need to wait and see who it is and then give them a chance

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Good at negotiating with agents, whether its first choice or 5th choice

And that's my point...the CEO screams...' we've got our man'...and takes the plaudits. Yet we as fans don't know how far down the line that player was, in what the coach wanted.

The Coach isn't going to come out and say I wanted player A,B,C,or D...but MA couldn't negotiate deals, but we welcome player E all the same.

Who's he accountable to for failing to get top targets over the line?

Just now, spudski said:

And that's my point...the CEO screams...' we've got our man'...and takes the plaudits. Yet we as fans don't know how far down the line that player was, in what the coach wanted.

The Coach isn't going to come out and say I wanted player A,B,C,or D...but MA couldn't negotiate deals, but we welcome player E all the same.

Who's he accountable to for failing to get top targets over the line?

His boss, but then is it his fault that the target he has been given by the chairman or the Head coach doesn't want to come here,

Its a thankless job and in order to do it better he should just stay out of the lime light,

Let the chairman talk to the fans if need be

1 minute ago, Lez said:

I don't. I am assuming. Why else would it take so long?

Ah so you are making assumptions. Dangerous thing that cos you are probably way off beam. I don't know why it is taking so long. There could be a multitude of reasons. Best leave it at that until we are 100% sure of what is happening / happened.

Just now, BigTone said:

Ah so you are making assumptions. Dangerous thing that cos you are probably way off beam. I don't know why it is taking so long. There could be a multitude of reasons. Best leave it at that until we are 100% sure of what is happening / happened.

But what are the multitude of reasons? The lack of leak and the fact that nobody seemingly has a clue bar the odd person interviewed suggests to me that this still has somewhere to run..

1 minute ago, Lez said:

But what are the multitude of reasons? The lack of leak and the fact that nobody seemingly has a clue bar the odd person interviewed suggests to me that this still has somewhere to run..

I don't know the reasons because like you I am not ITK.

Easyjet have seats available.

10 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

This has got underwhelming written all over it.

What a missed opportunity.

But this is BCFC

Well butter my bum and dip it in 100's & 1000's here's another one assuming impending doom and gloom.

But this is BCFC

Johnson had to be sacked before the end of the season because a full season of failure would be a reflection on Ashton, who can't be seen to have backed a lame horse. For Ashton this appointment is another defining moment. 

41 minutes ago, Lez said:

Were it not for the fact that we offered the relative novice Steven Gerrard the post and he turned it down I would have more confidence in  the process.

We are very much onto Plan B here and all the candidates now know that they are the second choice.

Still, as long as Paul Tisdale gets it I don't mind how circuitous has been the journey.  He is the Dario Gradi of the 21st century.

50 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We've seen a physio get Southampton to the prem,

We've seen ex England managers screw up a good Derby and Leicester side,

Hughton could get us up but there is the same chance he could get us relegated,

We just need to wait and see who it is and then give them a chance

I think with Hughton's record which presumably should be  known to all that the chances of promotion are more likely than relegation. Unfortunately the time this process is taking it seems that the powers that be are unaware of the candidates previous track records. It is almost as if they have fallen to earth and met a load of strangers to interview.

The worrying thing for me is that it has just been intimated that the whole of next season may be played with reduced crowds. 

So season ticket sales will likely be taken out of the equation with this appointment. The renewals are in the bag and they in all probability won't be able to accommodate even them, let alone sell any more.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Yes...I've read that interview. 

One thing that MA is good at is bugging himself up.

He says communication is paramount.

Does anyone think his communication is good or could be improved? Does he delicate communication to others? Does he communicate more when things are going well? Does he put his head on the line when fans are at their least happy...or does he expect the coach to take all the flack and appease the media?

honey or sugar?

28 minutes ago, Superjack said:

The worrying thing for me is that it has just been intimated that the whole of next season may be played with reduced crowds. 

So season ticket sales will likely be taken out of the equation with this appointment. The renewals are in the bag and they in all probability won't be able to accommodate even them, let alone sell any more.

Refunds might still be linked though ?

9 hours ago, Nibor said:

I'd be mostly concerned about letting go of Smith, not reaching deals with Eliasson and Diedhiou - which we might well do with a manager who convinces them we can be promoted - and also the loanees returning to parent clubs not having met a new manager.  Benkovic, Afobe and Pereira were all players I'd have thought could make a big contribution next season managed correctly, finances allowing.  It's a shame we didn't have someone in the door to spend a couple of weeks with them.

I think it quite unlikely that any delay in appointing someone like CH came from anybody except the club.  The noise around Gerrard and now about there being many interviews have all the hallmarks of a slow motion train wreck I'm afraid.

I'm more concerned with letting go of Maenpaa. He's the only experienced and reliable keeper that we have.

7 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

It's an obvious process that a well run Club should relish and manage smoothly. They've had 4 years to consider Lee Johnson's peformance after inheriting SCs promotion and we all knew years ago that LJ was not up to it. Masses of time to line up the right person. Especially when there are qualified people immediately available. It was pointless sacking LJ at the time they did if they were not ready with the next one.

Can you manage all that?

Sure I can. You need to understand the complexities of hiring a new man. It's probably more a team of 3 or 4. People will lose their jobs. Wheels within wheels. It takes time to do things right. 

Put it this way. I don't give a shit if they sacked LJ with a plan. I don't give a shit if they sacked LJ without a plan. They got rid of him. It was necessary. Before the restart would have been ultra bold and not a possibility. In fairness to the man you disrespect, he pulled the trigger once his target was missed. That is commendable. 

Not sure why that is either a good or bad thing having a plan. We are in a good position. We don't need saving. We need pushing on. That means a whole different type of manager is available. 

You seem to think the club is a rudderless ship. You bad mouth  our owner, without knowing a single fact of the process. It's just not necessary. But you go one further and start your own thread. 

Something on my mind is this. Perhaps CH gave a poor interview. Maybe his passion for the game ain't what it was. Not saying that is the case. But what would you do if your man ... Just wasn't into it enough, and this forum is melting down which your a partly responsible for because you don't get what you want.... When it might not be actually what we need. 

What will happen will happen. Perhaps next time  City are in the need of a new manager 

A) Be part of the process

B) Go off grid where you don't have internet access. 

Imagine being the best club in the world (apparently) and you hire Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho... And ex player Ole. Not that I care about Man U.... Just a reality check that this is not easy.

14 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I think those discussions would of already taken place while johnson was still here to be honest 

100% this. No way we are entering into a transfer window without a plan. MA has done the work with LJ, the new fella will have little time to stamp his mark on this team. The longer this goes on the more relevant this Statement is.

6 hours ago, Superjack said:

I'm more concerned with letting go of Maenpaa. He's the only experienced and reliable keeper that we have.

Apart from Bentley and a keeper who had 3 great seasons out on loan and never let us down, oleary,

Oh and our goalkeeping coach rene gilmartin,

And jojo Wollacote

7 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Were it not for the fact that we offered the relative novice Steven Gerrard the post and he turned it down I would have more confidence in  the process.

We are very much onto Plan B here and all the candidates now know that they are the second choice.

Still, as long as Paul Tisdale gets it I don't mind how circuitous has been the journey.  He is the Dario Gradi of the 21st century.

Did we offer it to him though ? Just newspaper gossip really wasn't it. I don't recall the club making a statement to that effect so hardly fact.

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Did we offer it to him though ? Just newspaper gossip really wasn't it. I don't recall the club making a statement to that effect so hardly fact.

And gerrard himself said we didn't a d he had no contact with us, the club has said nothing

Archived