IGNORED

Too many players who look like they don't want to be here

Bas's perfect hattrick

Of our current bunch, Nakhi Wells and Adam Nagy are the 2 that stand out. I get that Wells didn't get his QPR move, but to my mind has never looked interested and Nagy, despite always putting 100% in, had his reported homesickness issues and looked properly miserable coming off this evening. 

In fact, since Korey left we haven't got anyone who looks like they really enjoy playing for the club. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Of our current bunch, Nakhi Wells and Adam Nagy are the 2 that stand out. I get that Wells didn't get his QPR move, but to my mind has never looked interested and Nagy, despite always putting 100% in, had his reported homesickness issues and looked properly miserable coming off this evening. 

In fact, since Korey left we haven't got anyone who looks like they really enjoy playing for the club. 

In the past I would have agreed with you but couldn't fault anyone's efforts tonight 

5 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

What on earth are you on about?

Ive seen many ridiculous threads on here and this one is definitely in the top 10............jeez..............:disapointed2se:

Of all the matches tonight is not the night to doubt the desire & commitment. Pretty much to a man they all gave it everything & at the end of the day Brentford just had too much class for us.

The question should be how have a club like Brentford got so far ahead of us & for the answer to that you need to look at the very top of our club.

Fammy played this evening as though totally disinterested 

Get the feeling his revival over last few weeks was to attract buyers in the transfer window 

The club need to sort him out.  Either he wants to stay, then he must sign the contract, if not train with Under 23s for rest of season then go.

He may be our top scorer but at this level, let alone the level above, he simply is not good enough. Think of our main scorers at this level in the past, he doesn’t compare

27 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Couldn’t disagree more. We may not be the most talented squad but they’re definitely give there all and that alone is enough for me to keep supporting Holden. 

With some more players to come back from injury I’m actually quietly optimistic for the rest of the season and beyond. 

He’s been one of our better players lately tbf, but he should have been hooked tonight and Wells played down the middle. 

Hopefully his improved form wasn’t him playing for a move and he can knuckle down but as soon as the play offs are mathematically impossible, and if he still hasn’t signed a deal, I wouldn’t have him near the starting xi. 

Certainly he has had two poor games on the trot whilst starting. I think it’s fair to say he was probably in credit after some good performances (& goals) from the bench. Perhaps that tells its own story? However with Martin the latest injury victim it’s likely that Fam may keep his starting place for a while longer....

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

Of all the matches tonight is not the night to doubt the desire & commitment. Pretty much to a man they all have it everything & at the end of the day Brentford just had too much class for us.

The question should be how have a club like Brentford got so far ahead of us & for the answer to that you need to look at the very top of our club.

Oh I hate this SO MUCH.  Posters cite one of a small number of clubs doing better than us on smaller budgets etc, and ignore all of the supposed big clubs that are doing far worse than us.  There is still a lot of room for us to improve, but things could also be a lot lot worse.  Ask any Sunderland or Ipswich fan, not to mention the relatively big clubs (Forest, Derby, Birmingham, Sheff Wed) struggling at the wrong end of the Championship.

Sadly, and we’ve seen so much of it over the years, when a player is seeking a new contract or find themselves in the shop window, their effort and desire suddenly increases.

Drives me mad as they are all very well paid at this level but, the shirt means more to us as it’s our club, and not theirs sadly..

I’ve said this for a few years - Fam is very much a “desire” footballer. If he’s on, and going at full pelt, then he’s more than good enough. If he’s not - he’s a passenger. I’ve seen him not bust a gut to make a cross, but also seen him, when wound up, be exceptional.

My question is why would he now bust a gut? He’s going in the summer, we all know that, and Holdens “he really wants to be here” is insulting. I have no problem with him leaving in the summer, as he’s likely to get set up for life and fair play to him. But you then wouldn’t risk that opportunity in the future by going full tilt now for a club who are going nowhere.

Poor contract management by Ashton. And probably a poor decision to play him as first choice by Holden with the above in mind

13 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Fammy played this evening as though totally disinterested 

Get the feeling his revival over last few weeks was to attract buyers in the transfer window 

The club need to sort him out.  Either he wants to stay, then he must sign the contract, if not train with Under 23s for rest of season then go.

He may be our top scorer but at this level, let alone the level above, he simply is not good enough. Think of our main scorers at this level in the past, he doesn’t compare

Absolute rubbish. An easy stick to beat him with when he continues to get no service. 

Who was dropping deep to win the ball in front of the defence?

Open your eyes.

41 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Nagy was disappointed to come off which is a good thing. 

43 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Would you enjoy playing for City at the moment 

1 minute ago, red panda said:

Oh I hate this SO MUCH.  Posters cite one of a small number of clubs doing better than us on smaller budgets etc, and ignore all of the supposed big clubs that are doing far worse than us.  There is still a lot of room for us to improve, but things could also be a lot lot worse.  Ask any Sunderland or Ipswich fan, not to mention the relatively big clubs (Forest, Derby, Birmingham, Sheff Wed) struggling at the wrong end of the Championship.

Hate what you like - I really don’t mind & I haven’t at any point referred to Brentford as a smaller club. That said, we shouldn’t be setting our standards on the so called bigger clubs below us that you mention anyway. For every Sunderland, Ipswich, Forest, Derby, Birmingham & Sheffield Weds there is a Brighton, Bournemouth, Burnley, Brentford, Swansea & Reading.

2 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Makes you wonder how much he really wanted that move away.

Not the first game he’s looked totally disinterested - a recurring theme throughout his time here

And if he’s still here next season , it will only be because he can’t get the money he wants elsewhere 

Loves the Club mind ?

If we got a lucky equaliser at the end the vast majority of posts on here would be positive. Everyone would be lauding it over Massengo’s improved display, Owura’s very bright debut, Samenyo’s threat...

As it is we’ve lost so certain posters can’t get beyond that and bring out the same old negativity. 

Archived