IGNORED

Too many players who look like they don't want to be here

Bas's perfect hattrick

45 minutes ago, Magicseason said:

The football style is dreadful. For coaches from the England set up responsible for coaching this style and set up is poor. We have no cutting edge and it is getting worse. Teams like Huddersfield embarrass us

Of all the teams to pick, I wouldn't have picked the one who we've taken 6 points off this season as well as beating 5-2 and 4-0 in recent seasons. Huddersfield NEVER embarrass us!

3 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

If we got a lucky equaliser at the end the vast majority of posts on here would be positive. Everyone would be lauding it over Massengo’s improved display, Owura’s very bright debut, Samenyo’s threat...

As it is we’ve lost so certain posters can’t get beyond that and bring out the same old negativity. 

We could have pinched it 4-3 ,

and Famaras failure to break a bead of sweat second half would still be a disgrace

9 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Hate what you like - I really don’t mind & I haven’t at any point referred to Brentford as a smaller club. That said, we shouldn’t be setting our standards on the so called bigger clubs below us that you mention anyway. For every Sunderland, Ipswich, Forest, Derby, Birmingham & Sheffield Weds there is a Brighton, Bournemouth, Burnley, Brentford, Swansea & Reading.

You think we are a bigger club than Burnley or Swansea ?

6 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

If we got a lucky equaliser at the end the vast majority of posts on here would be positive. Everyone would be lauding it over Massengo’s improved display, Owura’s very bright debut, Samenyo’s threat...

As it is we’ve lost so certain posters can’t get beyond that and bring out the same old negativity. 

Spot on. Always someone on the pitch to blame.

The problem is elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I love your optimism 

26 minutes ago, red panda said:

Oh I hate this SO MUCH.  Posters cite one of a small number of clubs doing better than us on smaller budgets etc, and ignore all of the supposed big clubs that are doing far worse than us.  There is still a lot of room for us to improve, but things could also be a lot lot worse.  Ask any Sunderland or Ipswich fan, not to mention the relatively big clubs (Forest, Derby, Birmingham, Sheff Wed) struggling at the wrong end of the Championship.

Mind you 49 clubs have got to the Prem. We are not one of them. If you point to people who are also failing as a means to justify your own failings you will achieve little. The reference is always above you not below. 

4 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Mind you 49 clubs have got to the Prem. We are not one of them. If you point to people who are also failing as a means to justify your own failings you will achieve little. The reference is always above you not below. 

As I said in another post

The Bristol City Mentality for decades and decades

‘Oh at least we arn't as disastrous as xxxxx’

37 minutes ago, red panda said:

Oh I hate this SO MUCH.  Posters cite one of a small number of clubs doing better than us on smaller budgets etc, and ignore all of the supposed big clubs that are doing far worse than us.  There is still a lot of room for us to improve, but things could also be a lot lot worse.  Ask any Sunderland or Ipswich fan, not to mention the relatively big clubs (Forest, Derby, Birmingham, Sheff Wed) struggling at the wrong end of the Championship.

It's not that they're doing better than us for me RP, more that they consistently do it better than us, why do you think that is? 

Smaller crowds, no non matchday income until they recently moved etc etc. Could it be that they turned to a coach with experience of Managing in the Europa league rather than one who talked about it who was then replaced by his apprentice, promising something different but serving up exactly the same dire guff?

Could it be that they play entertaining football consistently and have for some time while we play the most boring, negative crap with multi £M international players?

I don't blame Dean H as, IMHO, he should never have been in the position in the first place. If anything, I feel quite sorry for the bloke.

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Huddersfield never embarrass us you said,we’re you not embarrassed tother week even with the win

No, if you were embarrassed by a football performance you had no input in, you need to re-evaluate yourself.

It's a game of football. Not important. We beat them. Derby beat us. Brentford beat us, we might beat Cardiff. The world will keep spinning.

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

No, if you were embarrassed by a football performance you had no input in, you need to re-evaluate yourself.

It's a game of football. Not important. We beat them. Derby beat us. Brentford beat us, we might beat Cardiff. The world will keep spinning.

I’m glad you said that because it’s what is wrong with a lot of fans,all about results and not performance,if you think averaging 2-4 shots on target a game for 2-3 seasons is sustainable with success then you are deluded but as you say the world will keep spinning 

I think if anything tonight, Brentford showed up the lack of quality we have in the final 3rd. Toney looked like everything Fam wasn't. Looking to play on the shoulder, closing down defenders, dropping deep for the ball, he had the movement of a top striker.

Now dont get me wrong, I like Fam, I think he has been a good player for us, not excellent, but good. For me the difference in tonight's match was the cutting edge and quality in the final 3rd. 

The club need to start scouting League 1 and League 2 for these potential strikers like Toney, immediately

22 minutes ago, Cardy said:

You think Swansea are a bigger club than us..?!?

No way are they - just far better owned and managed over the years.

They are a bigger club. Lets not kid ourselves. They have won a League cup in the last 10 years and played in Europe.

What have we done for the last 40 years of note?

Fanbase is probably the same, but as far as achievement and history, we need to face the facts, we arent as big as we think we are

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’ve said this for a few years - Fam is very much a “desire” footballer. If he’s on, and going at full pelt, then he’s more than good enough. If he’s not - he’s a passenger. I’ve seen him not bust a gut to make a cross, but also seen him, when wound up, be exceptional.

My question is why would he now bust a gut? He’s going in the summer, we all know that, and Holdens “he really wants to be here” is insulting. I have no problem with him leaving in the summer, as he’s likely to get set up for life and fair play to him. But you then wouldn’t risk that opportunity in the future by going full tilt now for a club who are going nowhere.

gPoor contract manaement by Ashton. And probably a poor decision to play him as first choice by Holden with the above in mind

No (think i moved g by crap keyboard work)and yes if he wants to go'

at this point in time the club must know his decision if he wants to go don't play him let someone else have a chance

58 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I’m glad you said that because it’s what is wrong with a lot of fans,all about results and not performance,if you think averaging 2-4 shots on target a game for 2-3 seasons is sustainable with success then you are deluded but as you say the world will keep spinning 

It's all down to why you support a football club.

Do you support them to be entertained? For the great football? Then you should support the team that plays the best football.

Do you support them because they win everything? Then support the team that's win the league each season.

Do you support them because of locality or family ties, then results or performance shouldn't really matter.

It's strange in the other thread that's just popped up, people moaning that footballs not like it was, no soul in the club, players don't care, club doesn't care, treated like customers, but then want to be entertained, won't renew season tickets, won't buy merchandise...like a customer...

2 hours ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Of our current bunch, Nakhi Wells and Adam Nagy are the 2 that stand out. I get that Wells didn't get his QPR move, but to my mind has never looked interested and Nagy, despite always putting 100% in, had his reported homesickness issues and looked properly miserable coming off this evening. 

In fact, since Korey left we haven't got anyone who looks like they really enjoy playing for the club. 

Genuine question here....what motivation do any of these players have to get better an imorove?

They earn a fantastic, life changing wage here already, have the best facilities and surroundings to work in, live in a fantastic City and play for a club where there is no real expectation or demand to push to the next level. 

As fans far to many accept mediocrity. I have seen fellow City fans on social media tonight talking about how as fans we are 'spoilt' and should be grateful for what we have 

We have a small minded mentality as a fan base and as a club 

"Lack of quality in the final third," given we actually score a reasonable % of our shots is curious. Having said that we often don't create much but that comes before the final 3rd.

I want to see us, want to see Holden with a near fully fit squad before judging properly tbh. We've not had this since mid Autumn! Perhaps sooner.

Players still are on full pay when injured btw. Injuries are part of the game but dread to think how much, what % of the total wage bill we've paid to injured players this season!

We have a perfectly decent squad of players, fitness allowing of course.

Dean Holden is doing his best, but is not an experienced manager, which is what is needed, particularly given the competitiveness at Championship level.

The opportunity to employ such experience has been available on more than one occasion in recent years, but has been passed up in favour of other, perhaps more perplexing choices. 

Maybe there's good reasoning behind this, I can't see it myself.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Fammy played this evening as though totally disinterested 

Get the feeling his revival over last few weeks was to attract buyers in the transfer window 

The club need to sort him out.  Either he wants to stay, then he must sign the contract, if not train with Under 23s for rest of season then go.

He may be our top scorer but at this level, let alone the level above, he simply is not good enough. Think of our main scorers at this level in the past, he doesn’t compare

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Not the first game he’s looked totally disinterested - a recurring theme throughout his time here

And if he’s still here next season , it will only be because he can’t get the money he wants elsewhere 

Loves the Club mind ?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’ve said this for a few years - Fam is very much a “desire” footballer. If he’s on, and going at full pelt, then he’s more than good enough. If he’s not - he’s a passenger. I’ve seen him not bust a gut to make a cross, but also seen him, when wound up, be exceptional.

My question is why would he now bust a gut? He’s going in the summer, we all know that, and Holdens “he really wants to be here” is insulting. I have no problem with him leaving in the summer, as he’s likely to get set up for life and fair play to him. But you then wouldn’t risk that opportunity in the future by going full tilt now for a club who are going nowhere.

Poor contract management by Ashton. And probably a poor decision to play him as first choice by Holden with the above in mind

I thought Fam led the line (on his own) pretty well tonight.  I think he tired second half, but I thought he battled away tonight.  Saturday I was hugely critical, but tonight I didn’t have any complaints.

I do worry about him Downing tools at some point....I don’t buy the “loves the club” stuff, but tonight wasn’t a game where I questioned him.

6 hours ago, grifty said:

It's all down to why you support a football club.

Do you support them to be entertained? For the great football? Then you should support the team that plays the best football.

Do you support them because they win everything? Then support the team that's win the league each season.

Do you support them because of locality or family ties, then results or performance shouldn't really matter.

It's strange in the other thread that's just popped up, people moaning that footballs not like it was, no soul in the club, players don't care, club doesn't care, treated like customers, but then want to be entertained, won't renew season tickets, won't buy merchandise...like a customer...

I would think that matters what ever your reason for supporting a club is. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for fans to be concerned about what is going on at their club.

You treat people like customers, that’s how they’ll feel. If they feel disenfranchised, they won’t have that emotional tie to the club that they will spend enormous amounts of time and money on something they don’t feel any connection to.

Archived