IGNORED

Martin out for 12 weeks . . .

AshtonRobin21

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Weimann will be a way off yet, you’d imagine it would be similar to Benik where there was a chance he could have made the last few to several games if the rehab went as it should 

Ahhhhh Benik. I can still feel that anti-climactic sense of bemusement after we waited so long for him to come back after the razor sharp performances he showed at the start of the season, the professionalism he demonstrated in battling back from injury, training on his own in lockdown, the fire in all of us that he could propel us into a late push for the play-offs after Covid aided his return ahead of schedule....

Then we played him left-wing first game back. Ace!

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'd be bloody furious if we started playing a load of youngsters for the sake of it (rather than out of necessity) when we are sat 3 points outside the play offs with 19 games left to play..! 

I'm bloody furious watching us take three matches to win a corner.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You carry on believing we are good enough to make the play offs with our squad AND our injuries that keep on piling up. I'm not going to get furious about anything like that to be honest. As @Sheltons Armyhas said on numerous occasions we would be lucky to get half a dozen points in the Premiership with the squad we've got - it would need ripping up and starting again in the midst of a pandemic. Do you think Steve will be up for that? If the genuine plan from the Boardroom is to be sustainable then once we are safe, get these lads playing over the likes of Mariappa, Rowe and anyone else who will be released at the end of the season. Find out who might cut it and who clearly won't cut it. Edwards didn't play out of "necessity" the other night, it was the choice of the Manager and has shown that he is one who "might" cut it so should be given further chances.

I don't believe or think we will make the play offs, but I'd bloody well hope the players and management wouldn't give on the idea, whilst we are 3 points off them..! 

I'd expect us to be way off the pace (12-15pts..?) (and safe) if we were to start playing youngsters just to give them a game and have a look at them. 

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yeah, about 6-8 points away from mathematical safety I would have thought...............or perhaps you know better than me?

We are nowhere near 6-8 points off "mathematical" safety. 

Off of a realistic safety target, yes, but "mathematically"..? 

Wycombe could still finish on 79 points "mathematically".! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't believe or think we will make the play offs, but I'd bloody well hope the players and management wouldn't give on the idea, whilst we are 3 points off them..! 

I'd expect us to be way off the pace (12-15pts..?) (and safe) if we were to start playing youngsters just to give them a game and have a look at them. 

Fair enough, you would wait a few weeks longer than I would.

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

We are nowhere near 6-8 points off "mathematical" safety. 

Off of a realistic safety target, yes, but "mathematically"..? 

Wycombe could still finish on 79 points "mathematically".! 

Yeah, I used the wrong word, I didn't mean mathematical, I meant realistic.

Absolutely embarrassing situation at the club. 

Yes of course the season has been condensed and there are a lot of games to be played and little time to recover, however, the training methods clearly are not right between each match day.

Shame, feel for Holden as this may cost him his job at the end of the season. 

Time will tell! Up the REDS. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Gregor confirms significant injury so his campaign is over.

Was there ever any doubt?

Said it before (as have others) and I'll say it again, this is getting stupid now, and no injury is a small one. 

Yes other clubs have injuries, and some have quite a few including Liverpool, but this should be hugely concerning for the club, and those running it. 

If the players were going full pelt for 80-90 minutes and picking up knocks or injuries in games, then fair enough. Trouble is they're not playing anywhere near the level we know they can do (for whatever reason that is), and most of these injuries are being picked up on the sodding training ground!!!

6 minutes ago, Rickyrobin said:

Absolutely embarrassing situation at the club. 

Yes of course the season has been condensed and there are a lot of games to be played and little time to recover, however, the training methods clearly are not right between each match day.

Shame, feel for Holden as this may cost him his job at the end of the season. 

Time will tell! Up the REDS. 

The problem is we don't know that. Nobody has a clue what the problem is in terms of training, conditioning, rehabilitation or whether we are just plain unlucky. Everybody is speculating and it could be any or a combination of these items.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Was there ever any doubt?

Said it before (as have others) and I'll say it again, this is getting stupid now, and no injury is a small one. 

Yes other clubs have injuries, and some have quite a few including Liverpool, but this should be hugely concerning for the club, and those running it. 

If the players were going full pelt for 80-90 minutes and picking up knocks or injuries in games, then fair enough. Trouble is they're not playing anywhere near the level we know they can do (for whatever reason that is), and most of these injuries are being picked up on the sodding training ground!!!

I would agree we aren't playing well but if you are suggesting the players aren't giving their all I can't agree with that. The problem is our players are putting their bodies on the line far more than they should be doing because we spend so much time in a "typical" game defending for our lives. That alone tells you that our lads put in a shift.......just not in the most effective way!!

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

i said this after Adelukan and i'll say it again - someone needs sacking

Andy Rolls is Ashtons mate though, so sadly someone else will probably take the hit eventually but as mentioned before by myself, Rolls has a lot to answer for and is running an absolute shit show , and that comes from people within the club

Someone said on another thread that people on here are quick to criticise every time something goes wrong.

This injury situation is abnormal and long term injuries sustained in training are happening far too often to be bad luck or even a circumstance of us playing too many games. The players should be being protected in between games whereas it looks like we are pushing them too much. The story in The Athletic, that was amplified in The Post, was quickly snuffed out and discredited but its plain for all to see there are issues.

If I get struck by lightning once twice or three times, I am desperately unlucky, anymore times than that and I should maybe not go out walking in the rain!!

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Surely Allardyce has told Holden about him at West Ham. 

Yep Ashton's mate, but so was LJ and we sacked him

Issue is Ashtons partly to blame on the recruitment side, we're signing players with a checkered past where injuries are concerned.

If we lose Kalas or Nagy at thid stage we're buggered.

4 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

On that note, we bought him on at millwall when 3 up didn’t we?

Yep. Some of us called this out as an unnecessary appearance for an ageing  bloke who’d already played a lot of minutes. 
But many shot that opinion down with “it’s only 10 minutes FFS”. 
Well, here we are ....... 

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

i said this after Adelukan and i'll say it again - someone needs sacking

If I was paying the massive wages of these players, and getting no more than half a season out of most of them due to injuries (many happening away from the pitch), I’d want to have an urgent chat with someone.

Same shit different season.

Be easier if we went around smashing the kneecaps of half the squad at the team photo and wrapped the rest up in bubble wrap.

53 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Ahhhhh Benik. I can still feel that anti-climactic sense of bemusement after we waited so long for him to come back after the razor sharp performances he showed at the start of the season, the professionalism he demonstrated in battling back from injury, training on his own in lockdown, the fire in all of us that he could propel us into a late push for the play-offs after Covid aided his return ahead of schedule....

Then we played him left-wing first game back. Ace!

Ha ha. Brilliant. I’d forgotten that. 
Jeez - I honestly can’t anymore, I just can’t .... 

Archived