IGNORED

Ashton Gate concerts 2022/23

phantom

11 hours ago, Slacker said:

Not for me really,but would be a massive coup for the club.

Really?

Reg has been hawking himself around on “last chance” tours for years and is currently doing the “Farewell Yellow Brick Road” tour which is absolutely, positively the last hurrah. I’d argue anyone who wanted to see him has - he’s been playing smaller venues than Ashton as the people who tick him off their bucket list get all the smaller.

Its not a coup if the guy plays consistently and at smaller venues.

18 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

If it is him, looks like he's playing Swansea, Sunderland, Norwich, etc too. Not exactly a tour of small arenas to be fair.

Not a coup then ;)

Tbf I’ve never been a fan of Reg. But I do pity anyone going to see him now hoping to see the great vocalist of the “Your Song” era. As the clip below from his latest live performance confirms, he appears to have turned into Vic Reeves’ club singer:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Rumour seems to be that it's Elton John, not 100% sure though. Won't be long until we find out.

When local TV news went to AG last night for Euro coverage an advert for EJ was shown on the screen outside, by accident I believe.

But yes I heard the rumours too, this confirms it. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

When local TV news went to AG last night for Euro coverage an advert for EJ was shown on the screen outside, by accident I believe.

But yes I heard the rumours too, this confirms it. 

Saw him in Cardiff year before last not the best of shows I must admit. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Slacker said:

It would appear that I am clearly not the person to ask about Elton John!

And we were all convinced you were David Furnish!

I only know he played the cricket ground because my mum took my nan to see him. My mum described it as "the worst concert I have ever seen, he was awful. He just can't sing anymore, I'd rather hear cats screeching. Your nan enjoyed it though.", which stuck in my mind. ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Is it normal for them to not say how much tickets are until they go on sale?

I can’t see how much they are - Ticketmaster etc not advertising. I know that he was really making people pay through the nose for the arena leg of the tour though - see below for what I’d call a standard seat.

Cant imagine he’s that hard up!

3A587166-B66A-41CC-A04B-04F18D4DF221.jpeg

3 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Going to be some serious demand for this.

Bet there isn’t. Tickets hugely expensive with people likely short on cash, played Bristol before and voice shot away - see the difficulty in selling Rod Stewart tickets pre pandemic for your touchstone - and he could still sing 

• Like 1

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bet there isn’t. Tickets hugely expensive with people likely short on cash, played Bristol before and voice shot away - see the difficulty in selling Rod Stewart tickets pre pandemic for your touchstone - and he could still sing 

Just my personal opinion but I would say EJ has a much bigger and wider appeal than Rod

Fully expect it to sell out

Yeah I think this will sell well. Don't forget people haven't been to gigs for ages now, and it's a great Christmas present for the oldies.

Surely has to be Glasto in that space, though I swear acts love to put a Glasto-spaced hole in their tour and then never end up on the poster just for a wind up now.