IGNORED

Ashton Gate concerts 2022/23

phantom

On 22/04/2023 at 14:03, phantom said:

So just the one concert this summer 

I thought the club were aiming to have a couple of back to back gigs? 

I wonder if there was either no one available, big enough and not already booked, or there was too much competition and the costs have risen too high.
The bigger venue market seems packed out now and as direct competition Cardiff venues are well ahead it seems.

You would think once the stage and all the rest is in place , it would make financial sense to do 2 or 3 in a row.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I wonder if there was either no one available, big enough and not already booked, or there was too much competition and the costs have risen too high.
The bigger venue market seems packed out now and as direct competition Cardiff venues are well ahead it seems.

You would think once the stage and all the rest is in place , it would make financial sense to do 2 or 3 in a row.

This is what I was thinking. To me it seems more likely that there is an unannounced one rather than no more... though having said that hasn't the pitch just been torn up?

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

This is what I was thinking. To me it seems more likely that there is an unannounced one rather than no more... though having said that hasn't the pitch just been torn up?

There are no more concerts this year. The pitch is being done right now.

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

I thought I saw a picture that showed they had started to strip the grass. Can't find anything now, may have dreamt it.

EDIT

Found it

Screenshot2023-06-07at14_02_06.png.7f501fc1d334240bc4f65a68d4f259d8.png

Edited by 1960maaan

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Just the one this year because of the pitch but we’re promised a bumper crop of concerts next year to make up for it. No idea who though.

If we're promised a bumper crop, must be Barclay James Harvest.

Edited by glynriley
  • Haha 1