IGNORED

Ashton Gate concerts 2022/23

phantom

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not a band I have ever enjoyed, probably need to try and appreciate them a bit more.

Quite liked The Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum, but never really listened to any of their other albums.

Was a big fan years a go not so much now, seen them at Colston Hall in the early days, good live band, they probably play bigger stadiums than AG tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Both support acts are decent too. Imagine it'll sell out quickly. What we saying, £70-£80 cheapest tickets?

Are both of them on the same bill though? Or will it be one or the other depending on venue. 
When we saw The Killers in AG the Mrs was gutted Sam Fender was not there, so we went to the Emirates as well. 

33 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Cheers my daughter is going to try and get tickets this year, so you’ve both made her day. 

I was going to get her tickets for AG for the monkeys and she wants to see them in Glastonbury. So fingers crossed they get tickets and do headline. Or I’m going to have a sulky daughter. 

Please don't take my guesses as the actual acts! I'm just guessing, I have zero inside knowledge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Cheers my daughter is going to try and get tickets this year, so you’ve both made her day. 

I was going to get her tickets for AG for the monkeys and she wants to see them in Glastonbury. So fingers crossed they get tickets and do headline. Or I’m going to have a sulky daughter. 

Pretty much confirmed Artic Monkeys are playing Glastonbury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I really wouldn't rely on this being the case RoD, if your daughter wants to see them, 100% make sure she gets a ticket for the tour!

I have no insider knowledge either, but I have actually heard the opposite, that there is a gap in their tour but that they're probably not playing Glasto next year. If I had to guess either way I'd say that they probably are playing given the gap, but I'm not certain on it, so please don't rely on it.

Bands announce tours all the time with a gap that looks like it could fit Glasto in, and it turns out not to be the case, and there are probably 5 or 6 acts in the mix for those 3 headliner spots, so it's anyone's guess. Definitely don't listen to the Mail or the Sun, they get things wrong every year.

That said, Glasto is never about who's playing. If your daughter manages to get tickets, she'll have the time of her life!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Notably doesn’t say what they cost…!

Most expensive are £199 which is upper Dolman blocks E31-32. Other areas of upper Dolman £99. South Stand and Pitch area £80. Restricted view (nearest stage Lansdown and Dolman) £54. Some other seats £54 which I assume were not great view but not restricted. Didn’t see tickets in Lansdown generally but imagine in line with Dolman

• Like 1