IGNORED

Ashton Gate concerts 2022/23

phantom

20 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Anyone know how likely it will be to get 2 tickets in general sale tomorrow morning?

Not familiar with buying concert tickets. 

More seriously, what I’d do is get online before the scheduled sale start. It was Seetickets for presale and they’re horrific. Ticketmaster have an allocation which will go on sale (officially) at 9am but the queue starts a while before so get online from 8

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Anyone know how likely it will be to get 2 tickets in general sale tomorrow morning?

Not familiar with buying concert tickets. 

Today was only a presale which happens for 99% of events like this 

The number available would have been very low compared to what will be on sale on Friday morning. 

I've no idea if their other dates go on sale tomorrow aswell, if it's only Bristol, then expect it to sell out very quickly, but don't rule out a second date being added in Bristol as it's not unusual to see additional dates at certain venues, especially if they are in the area for Glastonbury festival 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

More seriously, what I’d do is get online before the scheduled sale start. It was Seetickets for presale and they’re horrific. Ticketmaster have an allocation which will go on sale (officially) at 9am but the queue starts a while before so get online from 8

I try and use Gigs & Tours which own See Tickets. Ticketmaster do my head in with platinum and VIP prices. 
For Coldplay the wife got through on Ticketmaster and could only get Platinum for £205 a ticket. I got through 5 minutes later on Gigs and Tours paid £104 a ticket in the same location. 
We knew we would and shifted the more expensive tickets straight away so nothing lost. 
Ticketmaster say only real fans will pay platinum and not end up in totes hands. Basically they’ve just become the totes. 

19 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

It costs the best part of £20 to see a tribute act at the Fleece these days. For big acts, £80-£100 is the going rate.

I'm not doubting it's the going rate. It's still flipping expensive though. To be honest, I find tribute acts to be a much better bet these days. They're usually as good as, if not better than, the real thing, you get a much better view and they're a fraction of the price!

Not that I'll be going to see the Arctic Monkeys anyway, as I think they're a bit meh tbh.

Edited by AshtonGreat

20 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I'm not doubting it's the going rate. It's still flipping expensive though. To be honest, I find tribute acts to be a much better bet these days. They're usually as good as, if not better than, the real thing, you get a much better view and they're a fraction of the price!

Not that I'll be going to see the Arctic Monkeys anyway, as I think they're a bit meh tbh.

Oh I completely agree! Obviously it's great to see the real thing, but it's just so expensive.

Although a £100 ticket sounds much better if you just say "it's the same cost as 1 hours worth of electricity"

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Today was only a presale which happens for 99% of events like this 

The number available would have been very low compared to what will be on sale on Friday morning. 

I've no idea if their other dates go on sale tomorrow aswell, if it's only Bristol, then expect it to sell out very quickly, but don't rule out a second date being added in Bristol as it's not unusual to see additional dates at certain venues, especially if they are in the area for Glastonbury festival 

Unlikely another date added in Bristol I would think, due to Love Saves The Day taking place in Eastville Park on the two days before (which would be the only feasible dates).