IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes I know but he does seem to be doing quite well, even if he is playing for "them" you have to recognise that. Has he only a year left or something? 

As I understand it, only from here, he's into his last year. They either need to get what they can for him or keep him, knowing he can walk in the summer. 

For £250k you'd think the latter would be the better option, seeing as he is their only decent goals supply and without him, you'd have to wonder if they'd struggle. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

As I understand it, only from here, he's into his last year. They either need to get what they can for him or keep him, knowing he can walk in the summer. 

For £250k you'd think the latter would be the better option, seeing as he is their only decent goals supply and without him, you'd have to wonder if they'd struggle. 

For footballing reasons yes, but given their current rate of "burn" on the £10m credit facility secured against the ground (interest rate 6%) they do not have enough money to complete the season without arranging additional and very expensive finance.  Or, and heaven forfend, the owners actually risking some of their own money as equity investment or unsecured loans.

That £250k by my calculations would be just about enough to get them to the end of the season whilst staying within the £10m.

Then it's sell or invest time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a pitiful away following at Wycombe tonight. While I'm all for having a pop at them, they certainly clutch at the "massive away support" straw pretty regularly so it's funny to see the pictures of a half dozen Sags against a backdrop of  empty seats, I can't say I blame them for not going to watch that discredited competition.

Am I being too kind to them? I am? Okay then, I'll just point out that our last game in this competition - when it actually meant something - we took 40,000+ to Wembley. :) 

4 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Sounds like a pitiful away following at Wycombe tonight. While I'm all for having a pop at them, they certainly clutch at the "massive away support" straw pretty regularly so it's funny to see the pictures of a half dozen Sags against a backdrop of  empty seats,

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10605/gas-wycombe-cheats-match-thread?page=1 

shows their own predictions for score and attendance. They still call Wycombe "cheats".

Gas 3 Wycombe electricity board 1   Attendance 2357 with 66 Gas there.

There will be absolutely nowhere near 2357 there. More like half that I would imagine.

2-1 Rovers. 998 attendance.

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Id be furious if a 250k release clause in place. I would say Cardiff and PNE would be the best bet, but he us more lukely to get games for PNE.

£250k release clause? Surely they'd have learnt their lesson from their last multi million rated striker when he went for **** all. 

For once, I don't blame that lot for taking a crap away following. Some things are more important than rivalry, and the greed and slow destruction of the local game by the powers that be is one of those things. Fair play to them for taking a crap away following like every other club is. Doesn't excuse the other 50 odd games of the season mind...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 22A said:

No scarves and no "Famous blue & white quarter" shirts on any of the 22 spectators. Keep that support up and the match day squad could would outnumber the fans! :P.

They've actually sold out the away end, the rest of their support are running on the pitch to celebrate having already won the competition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1