IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Yes, I may be starting to crack up.

But this bloke is strutting around the World having is picture taken  and basking in the glory of telling people he is the owner of Bristol Rovers (see photo at Boston University) but in reality our club consists of a collection of old tents and a load of debt.  Someone should follow him dressed up like Screaming Lord Sutch used to at elections and blow raspberries at him behind his back.   

I'll get my multicoloured coat and top hat  ;)

@bert tann Are you any of the following on SlagChat in disguise?:-

1) HenburyGas

2) BradfordMeyerBiggs 

3) Bluebutterfly

21 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Yes, I may be starting to crack up.

But this bloke is strutting around the World having is picture taken  and basking in the glory of telling people he is the owner of Bristol Rovers (see photo at Boston University) but in reality our club consists of a collection of old tents and a load of debt.  Someone should follow him dressed up like Screaming Lord Sutch used to at elections and blow raspberries at him behind his back.   

I'll get my multicoloured coat and top hat  ;)

"basking in the glory of telling people he is the owner of Bristol Rovers" ? What possible glory is there to bask in from being associated with that bag of crap?

I would wager that he doesn't mention it out of embarrassment, that and the fact that Boston University would have just pulled a puzzled face and asked "Who?"

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

"basking in the glory of telling people he is the owner of Bristol Rovers" ? What possible glory is there to bask in from being associated with that bag of crap?

I would wager that he doesn't mention it out of embarrassment, that and the fact that Boston University would have just pulled a puzzled face and asked "Who?"

This article accompanied the photograph at Boston University.

It should provide some entertainment for you all.

I didn't know City stole our ladies team ?

'

http://www.aipsmedia.com/2016/10/04/19637/jordan-2016-bristol-rovers-wael-al-qadi-fifa-u17wwc-u-17-womens-world-cup-rayane-moussallem

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bert tann said:

'

http://www.aipsmedia.com/2016/10/04/19637/jordan-2016-bristol-rovers-wael-al-qadi-fifa-u17wwc-u-17-womens-world-cup-rayane-moussallem

"The Judge" is either full of b***s*** or stark raving mad!

14 minutes ago, bert tann said:

'

When it comes to the women's team, Al Qadi had a clarification to make about their local rivals, saying: "Bristol City didn't invest in women football, they stole our team. Their women's team was Rovers'. The former owner decided to stop funding the women's team. Our job is to recapture it."

wow, no one owns them, they are a club in their own right are they not?

15 minutes ago, bert tann said:

'

We've been ******* you over for the best part of 20 years now .

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Peg, my proposal was for Stephen Lansdown to consider funding a trust set up to purchase the Mem under the assets of community value scheme. As part of this deal Rovers would essentially become a fan owned club using the Bundesliga model and would lease the stadium from the Trust. The financial structure of "new Rovers" would mean we would not be a direct threat to City in spending terms but we would provide some competition, we would preserve a Bristol sporting institution and the Mem would be saved as a sporting venue and community asset.

The alternative is for the Mem to be sold for commercial development and for Dwane Sports to potentially make a profit from their involvement with Rovers. The assets of community value scheme cannot prevent them selling the land to the highest bidder but imagine the pressure which Bristolians, in a united front, could exert on them  to sell to the Trust for the £10 million they are owed and walk away.

Of course, the Rovers fans could come together and raise funds to buy the Mem.

Who can't forget their black and gold scarf protest against the old board that saw about 3 people join in.

Or the share save scheme that after about 20 years saw then contribute a fortune to the club in exchange for no voice.

With skills like that, I don't understand why Bert has any concerns.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Fiale said:

When it comes to the women's team, Al Qadi had a clarification to make about their local rivals, saying: "Bristol City didn't invest in women football, they stole our team. Their women's team was Rovers'. The former owner decided to stop funding the women's team. Our job is to recapture it."

They 'stopped funding it' FFS, we didn't 'steal' anything, it wasn't theirs to have stolen.

What a wnaker!!

He's got more chance of building a stadium made of gold than he has of taking Bristol CITY ladies back to the hovel.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, bert tann said:

'

"I thought that United Kingdom would be the best place. The footballing culture there is well established, their market is efficient, the laws and regulations there protect the investor so it was a matter of finding what club was the most suitable."

Interesting wording for him to use.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Fiale said:

No. They are under the Bristol Sport umberella. 

2 hours ago, bert tann said:

Peg had assumed I was suggesting SL should buy Rovers so I wanted to correct her on that but I take your point.

Bar BS3 is right that the blind faith of 95% of Rovers fans is leading them to behave like pathetic, gullible morons and to me it hurts.

My mistake. I didn't read your post properly. Apologies. 

But my point still stands. If SL bought out Wael, Rovers would fold as he can't own two clubs. Even if Maggie or Jon's missus had the ownership, from a business perspective, it would benefit SL to close Rovers as future football fans would only have one place to go, and that's City.

Rovers would then do the whole Phoenix club thing ala Wimbledon. 

As for the stadium, I'd love SL to buy it but he has no need of it. The Rugby club have better facilities at AG. And all the profits from food/drink/merch sales etc from the football and rugby go into the Bristol Sport kitty. SL would probably build residential property/shops on the Mem just like Higgs intended to and Wael probably will do.

I'd hope that the Mem gates were saved and brought to AG though.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I believe they were Bristol Academy after dropping the rovers name and before joining Bristol Sport weren't they?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of a bit of City bashing from the Gas.

Wally is obviously a sandwich short of a picnic.  And I mean that.

I think Wally ‘the Judge’ has been hanging around with Sagheads long enough to have picked up their favourite habit of lying about about City to people who don’t give a shit whilst playing the victim.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think Wally ‘the Judge’ has been hanging around with Sagheads long enough to have picked up their favourite habit of lying about about City to people who don’t give a shit whilst playing the victim.

And in the Rovers Matchday Programme.....

"Welcome today's Young Pirate Mascot 9 year old Lambert Smith. Lambert attends Cadbury Heath Primary School and his favourite player is Chris Lines. Lambert, from Banjo Island is attending only his second game this season following his Dad's release from Prison for ABH on a 15 year old at Wycombe Wanderers. Lambert dislikes anything red. His hobbies include supporting Rovers, playing truant, hedge hopping and lying about City to people who don’t give a shit whilst playing the victim."

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bloody Wally.

Trying to make Bristol Sport sound like boko haram.

We didn't steal your women.

Yeah but that article also says he studied a course called 'coma'puter science. So no wonder all the Gas have been in a daze for 2 years and only now waking up to realise what is happening to their club.