IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, chowie said:

What’s the Family Club done now?

Rule E3 is basically "a player/manager shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour". If he admits it it's a 1 match ban and fine of £1,000, if he denies it and is found guilty it's a 2 match ban and a fine of £1,500.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The Bristol Live reporting of this is incredible. They really think he is some sort of tactical genius, when all he is talking about is hitting long balls.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-barton-quarterbacks-feeding-frontline-8134713

Well it sounds suspiciously like Route 1 to me if only a tactics board had been available in “that particular room”.

Anyway the tactical genius is setting himself up for a massive fail as a lot of the oval shape created by “a 12m radius of the half way line” will mean that our courageous and Wiley sags will have ran the ball out of play for a throw in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

The Bristol Live reporting of this is incredible. They really think he is some sort of tactical genius, when all he is talking about is hitting long balls.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-barton-quarterbacks-feeding-frontline-8134713

Sam Frost is by some distance the most sycophantic reporter I have ever read in a Bristol paper.

Either he’s scared of upsetting him (can’t think why) or he is as relentlessly biased as someone in North Korea or Russia.

An embarrassment.

• Like 4

I quite liked this.

contradiction Avatar
Noticable how more amd more youngsters have returned to the Mem in the last 18 months, even if it is a dump.

Those who say otherwise dont actually attend

Thing is for me, that dump which is the Mem is OUR dump since 1997, a long time.

I have been to many meetings over the years about a new ground and although it's frustrating, there are more things to worry about right now.

MY Dump, YOUR Dump, OUR Dump, i am proud to call it that and will follow us to the Downs if it happened...

I guess it will be easier to pack up the tents and move them to the Downs. Forward thinking. Like it.  :)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I quite liked this.

contradiction Avatar
Noticable how more amd more youngsters have returned to the Mem in the last 18 months, even if it is a dump.

Those who say otherwise dont actually attend

Thing is for me, that dump which is the Mem is OUR dump since 1997, a long time.

I have been to many meetings over the years about a new ground and although it's frustrating, there are more things to worry about right now.

MY Dump, YOUR Dump, OUR Dump, i am proud to call it that and will follow us to the Downs if it happened...

I guess it will be easier to pack up the tents and move them to the Downs. Forward thinking. Like it.  :)

“We’ll watch them from the pavement, yada, yada”. All 7,000 of us. Unless the Balloon Fiesta is on, of course. Or it’s raining. Or …

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I can totally understand plucky non league clubs embracing their ramshackle grounds and the romance of playing there for over 100 years.  The gas celebrating some fantasy glorious history of hoofing a ball across a cabbage patch surrounded by some decomposing wig wams since 1997 is just pathetic.  “A long time” **** off you cretin 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I can totally understand plucky non league clubs embracing their ramshackle grounds and the romance of playing there for over 100 years.  The gas celebrating some fantasy glorious history of hoofing a ball across a cabbage patch surrounded by some decomposing wig wams since 1997 is just pathetic.  “A long time” **** off you cretin 

What he`s basically saying here is that in the 25 years since they stole the ground they have done absolutely nothing to improve it and that apparently is something to be prowed of.

#gaslogic