IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, bert tann said:

A leaking question.

Has the cash raised through the Nationwide Finance loan been ring fenced for the new stand or is it being used to pay day to day running expenses ?

What? A new stand and a fence?

Was the fence on the planning drawings?

Is it a proper fence or a row of white plastic chairs lashed together?

• Admin
14 hours ago, phantom said:

It'll be worth keeping an eye on the Barnsley allocation 

If they only get the standing section on the side it answers all the questions 

Just had a look at the Barnsley OS - nothing on there yet 

Also had a look at their fans forums, nobody mentioned anything yet - clearly not aware of the potential shit show that they will potentially be a part of shortly

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just had a look at the Barnsley OS - nothing on there yet 

Also had a look at their fans forums, nobody mentioned anything yet - clearly not aware of the potential shit show that they will potentially be a part of shortly

Don't they have to provide a minimum amount something to do with their capacity or is that just the fa cup,

Ether way I would of though it's 900 at least, and they have to be housed somewhere which in turn restricts some of their remaining 8 stands 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Rovers fans still crying about Matty Taylor. Ha ha 300k

Saw that, it made me laugh a lot.

They do seem to have a weird obsession with former players. In fact this is probably the first year that they've not questioned if Cureton, Jason Roberts or Nathan Ellington 'could still do a job for us.... On a pay-as-the-play deal....' 

Oddly, they've not mentioned Lambert over on their forum who despite having some very odd views and seems to want to distance himself from logical thinking, hasn't gone bonkers enough to ever mention that he played for them. Seems that in amongst his 'happy water', he is happy to forget that he once one of them. 

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Rovers fans still crying about Matty Taylor. Ha ha 300k

Boy can they ever carry on a grudge?

Aparently this was their great "what if" moment!

If Taylor had stayed with them, they would have got promoted and we would have got relegated!

The other problem they have if they don't have the stand ready for their first home game is that they aren't generating the revenue to pay down the loan. 

Every week that goes on is an amount of cash wasted. Not only have they got to increase their average attendance just to pay down the loan, they are currently at a capacity of less than last season so they will be generating even less revenue than before. 

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

The other problem they have if they don't have the stand ready for their first home game is that they aren't generating the revenue to pay down the loan. 

Every week that goes on is an amount of cash wasted. Not only have they got to increase their average attendance just to pay down the loan, they are currently at a capacity of less than last season so they will be generating even less revenue than before. 

That's true but Wael has been soaking up big losses for years, albeit a small fraction of those that the Lansdown family pick up for City, so unless he's running out of money this isn't going to be a problem.

Football clubs don't have the same business rules as other companies, losing millions a year is absolutely standard.

I suggested that the loan was taken out to try to impose some financial rigour upon the club in the same manner that the Ashton Gate redevelopment was funded by a third party loan, which the income from the new structures are steadily repaying.

@bert tann suggested otherwise and that it was a sign of stretched finances.

I don't have his inside track but I would have thought that if Wael is either running low on funds or no longer wishes to keep pouring the money in each year then he would have put the club up for sale rather than taking out a loan.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That's true but Wael has been soaking up big losses for years, albeit a small fraction of those that the Lansdown family pick up for City, so unless he's running out of money this isn't going to be a problem.

Football clubs don't have the same business rules as other companies, losing millions a year is absolutely standard.

I suggested that the loan was taken out to try to impose some financial rigour upon the club in the same manner that the Ashton Gate redevelopment was funded by a third party loan, which the income from the new structures are steadily repaying.

@bert tann suggested otherwise and that it was a sign of stretched finances.

I don't have his inside track but I would have thought that if Wael is either running low on funds or no longer wishes to keep pouring the money in each year then he would have put the club up for sale rather than taking out a loan.

Think @Kid in the Riot has said previously that Wally is/was actively looking to sell up?

• Like 2

The football club, Memorial Stadium and training ground were offered for sale as a package at the start of 2022 but during the course of the year no buyers were found. I understand the price was gradually reduced until it reached a figure amounting to just over half the Dwane Sports Ltd mortgage charge but still no takers.

So now we are going for broke.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, bert tann said:

The football club, Memorial Stadium and training ground were offered for sale as a package at the start of 2022 but during the course of the year no buyers were found. I understand the price was gradually reduced until it reached a figure amounting to just over half the Dwane Sports Ltd mortgage charge but still no takers.

Fixed.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, bert tann said:

How can you go for something that you already are?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bert tann said:

With my sensible head on, at that time the world was still recovering financially from COVID. Still is I suppose but there have been purse strings tightened all over the place, look at what has happened to some Prem rugby clubs.

Sports clubs need long term plans, not quick fixes. Build up the squad, invest in youth, employ a wise head coach.

The cynic would say Rovers have had the dream of overseas money for some years now, 6th richest club etc. Time for that to bear fruit (no pun intended).

Temporary stands, loan players and a management team that your own fans dislike should not be plan A.

From their forum;

"Could be absolute b*llocks but…

Someone on one of the Facebook groups reckons a member of staff at the club informed them PP has been granted whilst at the club shop earlier."

I'd go for the first sentence personally..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

Boy can they ever carry on a grudge?

Aparently this was their great "what if" moment!

If Taylor had stayed with them, they would have got promoted and we would have got relegated!

They were in a far better position a couple of seasons later when they were top 3 at Christmas and they still managed to cock that up.

Nothing to suggest they’d have kept their bottle that season even with Taylor in the side but he came to us and contributed towards our upturn in form at the end of the season. Shrapnel well spent.

Love the way they all act like a jilted ex, pretending they don’t care whilst stalking him obsessively.

Missed out on being a ‘Gas hero’ apparently…as if any pro footballer would give a shit ?

26 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

From their forum;

"Could be absolute b*llocks but…

Someone on one of the Facebook groups reckons a member of staff at the club informed them PP has been granted whilst at the club shop earlier."

I'd go for the first sentence personally..

The Council/decision would be in judicial review territory if they have! Pretty sure we’re still in the statutory consultation period. Personally, would have thought it would be highly improbable that a decision would be made within 8 weeks - which I think in this case is sometime late in August.

Frankly, having been involved in planning for 40 odd years, I can’t understand what the hell Rovers are doing with their submission and frankly  - all be it from the briefest of glances - how it got validated. It was patently obvious to anyone ITK that the ‘stand’ would not be remotely ready for the start of the season if due process was followed. I’m not even sure pp will be granted tbh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bert tann said:

I’d say it’s clear that’s the case. In no other year would you have spent this much on wages on 4 players. Problem is, it’s no way enough. And now you probably have nothing left to spend, whilst already being over budget, hence the dry up in all signings and literally any rumours.

No bids or clubs circling for Collins either, which deep down the club might’ve been hoping came to fruition. 

Barton has said the ‘not working for free’ line a few times, is an egomaniac so in his head wants to get out of L1 as soon as possible but again, hasn’t done well enough to be linked anywhere. 

• Like 1

• Admin
On 11/07/2023 at 11:49, downendcity said:

Just came across this.....

QED

Like the way he had to introduce a different category so it didn't look so bad for them!

9 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Most one side derby in English football? It has to be, Forest v County and Stoke v Vale might challenge it I guess.

Nice intentions in posting, but already ripped apart a few pages back

• Like 1

20 hours ago, myol'man said:

There was a post at the time;

"City'll probably immediately loan him back to us for the rest of the season. Just think; he'll score the goals that get us promoted and City'll be paying his wages".

Deluded few?

• Haha 1