IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, redkev said:

I would imagine there will be more gas at Temple meads than city , Oxford is there main away game of the season and won’t cost an arm and a leg to get there by train , even tough city have sold out for Leeds I would imagine most are going by road , 

might be a bit of bullying going on , maybe wrong but I know what there like .

Any City fans going by train to Leeds will be leaving a lot earlier than the jesters going to Oxford 

• Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I think there has been trouble before with them and Oxford?

All a bit weird, can't be the same genteel Oxford that we see in Inspector Morse episodes? Having said that, they have several murders every week in that program. More dangerous than that Midsomer village place, who would want to live there?

It is their high profile fixture for crowd disorder, not sure why, but it has been problematic in and around Oxford centre on many match days

52 minutes ago, phantom said:

It is their high profile fixture for crowd disorder, not sure why, but it has been problematic in and around Oxford centre on many match days

Spent a fair few weekends in Oxford for a prolonged period as one of my exes lived there, I was surprised how properly rowdy their fans are. Pubs etc after wins in the city centre (considering the ground is nowhere near) got pretty lively, saw some trouble with opposition fans too. They’re a much bigger club than people give them credit for I think. Certainly not a friendly/sleepy club full of posh tories that people may expect given the area and what the city is known for etc. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 2

Not sure how this got through my Feckov filter on Yahoo mail, but I might as well put in for it.  First bullet point tells me that I must

"Monitor the crowd throughout the ground for signs of distress or overcrowding".  

I might be a tad busy with the distressed ones……….but, overcrowding?  That sounds like the cushy part of the job!

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 17.32.15.png

14 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Not sure how this got through my Feckov filter on Yahoo mail, but I might as well put in for it.  First bullet point tells me that I must

"Monitor the crowd throughout the ground for signs of distress or overcrowding".  

I might be a tad busy with the distressed ones……….but, overcrowding?  That sounds like the cushy part of the job!

That can't be right...

It's a paid job?

(PS I like Feckov and I'm stealing it!)

Edited by PhilC

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Spent a fair few weekends in Oxford for a prolonged period as one of my exes lived there, I was surprised how properly rowdy their fans are. 

There used to be trouble every time City visited the Manor Ground in the early 70s. Was it just us, or every team?

42 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Just off the bottom of that list:-

Before the game - Check guy ropes

At HT - Stop crowd from leaving

After the game - Rescue players from under the bus

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Minimum wage the lucky buggers. Even our Steve thinks it’s a job worth more than that.

3 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Worked in Oxford for a while. Well known group from the Blackbird Leys estate follow Oxford, with a reputation for trouble. Rough old estate Blackbird Leys. Have had a couple of run ins with City’s firm.

Worked on Blackbird Leys for a couple of months and it was rough. IIRC there was just one road in and out and the locals had a habit of blocking it so the Bill couldn`t get in when stuff kicked off. A bit like Escape from New York!

35 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

We have an update......Screenshot_20231003_195938_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.3e6a69d054942426ade1290b750c4a66.jpg

A stand for about 50 people, groundbreaking stuff.

So the SAG agreed to let fans in that "thing" despite planning permission  not being granted? OK then....

Edited by Taz