IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Bedminster said:

To be fair, there was a wedding on Emmerdale Tuesday  

I think it's more likely that they settled down in front of the TV to watch them "gurt Sh•theads" get a hammering from Southampton. They always prefer us losing to them winning, and the what with it raining a bit and Stevenage being a long way and all that...... That went well for them though. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As I was bored I had a look at the Rovers forum and found this recent classic:

“Although he was only manager for just over a year Denis Rofe had us playing the best Football and probably the best Rovers team I've seen. If he was appointed before the season instead of Martin Dobson we could very well of got promoted into the new Premier League.”

Someone actually believes that Denis Rofe, as manager, would have got them into the Premier League! 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

As I was bored I had a look at the Rovers forum and found this recent classic:

“Although he was only manager for just over a year Denis Rofe had us playing the best Football and probably the best Rovers team I've seen. If he was appointed before the season instead of Martin Dobson we could very well of got promoted into the new Premier League.”

Someone actually believes that Denis Rofe, as manager, would have got them into the Premier League! 

From memory Denis Rofe came across as a decent chap to be fair. I do remember the Martin Dobson era very fondly though.

IIRC they were absolutely crap under him! 😂

• Admin
22 hours ago, BS3City said:

I'm pissed right off with us losing today and how we played.

But it don't half cheer me up to know those ***** have lost too.

Is that normal? 🤔

No

I couldn't believe two guys walking out of the ground yesterday behind me were more concerned about Rovers losing than us losing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/02/2024 at 16:31, Jim Davey said:

surprised at Charlton thought they would be higher than that 

Have you seen where they are in the League though? They're having a terrible season despite signing or trying to sign, every decent striker in the lower leagues. Real chance they could drop to L2.

Fair play to Carlisle though, having the season from hell, rock bottom but averaging >1200 away supporters. A bit like Plymouth in that they have to drive a couple of hours just to get to civilization. Next up for them a visit to the Mem, they've lost 7 in a row I think, what could possibly go wrong?

6 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Have you seen where they are in the League though? They're having a terrible season despite signing or trying to sign, every decent striker in the lower leagues. Real chance they could drop to L2.

Fair play to Carlisle though, having the season from hell, rock bottom but averaging >1200 away supporters. A bit like Plymouth in that they have to drive a couple of hours just to get to civilization. Next up for them a visit to the Mem, they've lost 7 in a row I think, what could possibly go wrong?

Difficulty parking.

• Haha 1

8 years since Wael took over. 

This is what he said at the time: 'When we purchased the club we knew about the stadium issue but we know a new stadium is a requirement. This club needs a new stadium.'

8 years on and they've built a stand with pillars and a few tents, slow progress I guess!

• Like 3

On 16/02/2024 at 00:14, redsquirrel said:

dont know about that but they do have hereditary life changing deformities

This is wholly untrue.  I asked a gashead mate whether there was any truth to the incest rumours and he categorically denied it.  He should know too as apparently his uncle dad is pretty tuned in.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I'll just leave this here 😂

image.thumb.png.b2f01e2206e92529f13391379e1e3ccc.png

More importantly most of the people who support Rovers do so through love, family tradition or supporting the team that plays in their community..”

How the **** is that any different to us? 🤣

We don’t have bigger crowds because our fans are toilet trained and manage not to shit all over the floor like they clearly do at the Mem, we have bigger crowds because our fans purchase 15k STs every season no matter how mediocre the previous season was.

That’s called passion.

They should try it sometime instead of constantly making excuses about why they can’t fill their little stadium.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I feel a 3rd episode of Silent Witness in the making here.....

Due to the size of the ‘crowed’ and the performance/atmosphere at their last couple of home matches they’ve recorded some new episodes of Silent Sh!tness

• Haha 1