IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So a player who only manages one decent game in every 5? Games at leave one level, thinks he’ll do well moving to the championship..?!

Mind you, he’s had plenty of opportunities to gage the standard of championship football I suppose, with watching City..! 

I have absolutely no idea how good he is or how he will fare.

I simply said where he was going.

They are a tinpot outfit though, when was the last time they spent any money on a player? That disaster Tom Nichols, I think..

Edited by GrahamC

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have absolutely no idea how good he is or how he will fare.

I simply said where he was going.

They are a tinpot outfit though, when was the last time they spent any money on a player? That disaster Tom Nichols, I think..

That’s because they have no money to spend. Not on players, or permanent structures within their “stadium”

This years budget has gone on moving the bar in the club house..! 

Hopefully last summers’ carpet & curtain cleaning was thorough enough to see them through this season as well..! 

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That’s because they have no money to spend. Not on players, or permanent structures within their “stadium”

This years budget has gone on moving the bar in the club house..! 

Hopefully last summers’ carpet & curtain cleaning was thorough enough to see them through this season as well..! 

I think with this weather at least their Championship ready sprinklers are worth their weight in gold, if they can pay the water bill. :whistle:

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I don't see the problem the prolific Tom Nicholls will be a more than adequate replacement, what's not to admire about a 1 goal in 39 game return at 3rd division level.

Ha! You'll soon be laughing on the other side of your face. I saw Nichols #goalmachine at Melksham and not only did he score , he had one disallowed and missed two absolute sitters, which should stand us in good stead should we ever draw a non league side (preferably below Chesham standard) in the cup.

With Ellis gone, if Nichols doesn't step up to the plate and at least treble his previous season's tally , I'll move to Bedminster and change me name to Robin!

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

32 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Ha! You'll soon be laughing on the other side of your face. I saw Nichols #goalmachine at Melksham and not only did he score , he had one disallowed and missed two absolute sitters, which should stand us in good stead should we ever draw a non league side (preferably below Chesham standard) in the cup.

With Ellis gone, if Nichols doesn't step up to the plate and at least treble his previous season's tally , I'll move to Bedminster and change me name to Robin!

We'll hold you to that, Robin.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Underground pipe from the cricket ground

Nothing so fancy I'd imagine. There will probably be an appeal on the telly soon by Ewan McGregor...

Wael has to walk 5 miles per day to fetch water...

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Gaslogic means it’ll be up to between £2-3m by the time it’s announced, and they’ll know exactly what his new salary will be, prob around the £15k mark, same as MT.

Poster on gaschat says the fee will be “in excess of 7 figures”

So, 8 figures.  £10m at least........

23 minutes ago, Unan said:

Creaming it over potentially signing a lifelong City fan & (meant with no disrespect) City reject.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12521/left-back-who-all?

And one of them posted ‘cheating Wycombe’ - still sooooooooooo bitter and desperate! It’s hilarious! Bristol Rovers FC - the clown academy with graduates everywhere......

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Gas friend of mine just text to say Golbourne signing for them and Harrison off to Ipswich for £1.6mill is he having a laugh or are Ipswich really that stupid his goal record is awful ..

Ipswich haven't spent that much on a single player since 2012. I sincerely doubt they are! 

9 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Ipswich haven't spent that much on a single player since 2012. I sincerely doubt they are! 

Fair amount incoming from Webster and Waghorn sales.

All the same the talk of 1.6m, plus add ons, for Harrison does seem an incredibly charitable gesture from Ipswich towards Rovers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Fair amount incoming from Webster and Waghorn sales.

All the same the talk of 1.6m, plus add ons, for Harrison does seem an incredibly charitable gesture from Ipswich towards Rovers.

They had 11m for Mings two years ago - they run a very, very tight budget there. 

8 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Absolutely.  From time to time you get people on here saying that their son has been offered a youth place by Rovers and should they take it?  The answer is of course: yes, every single time. 

Opportunities to play professional football are incredibly rare so you should take whatever is offered.

Yes it happened to me.

After watching my son play for his youth team, we got home & my wife reluctantly said there was an answerphone message from a football club asking after him. As soon as she said "football club" rather than "Professional Club " I knew exactly who it was.

In that split second your heart sinks, the shame of it, we'll never be able go out in public again, how can I grow a sixth finger; then you realise you have to take it, after all good quality soap is always on hand to get rid of the smell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Swede said:

Yes it happened to me.

After watching my son play for his youth team, we got home & my wife reluctantly said there was an answerphone message from a football club asking after him. As soon as she said "football club" rather than "Professional Club " I knew exactly who it was.

In that split second your heart sinks, the shame of it, we'll never be able go out in public again, how can I grow a sixth finger; then you realise you have to take it, after all good quality soap is always on hand to get rid of the smell.

You must be proud of Ellis though?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Told him golbourne is a flying wingback creates loads and I’m gutted he’s gone ...,

cant wait for the text after his debut to say golbourne got to the halfway line got a nose bleed turned around and passed it back to the keeper :whistle:

I love it when they sign our “Agents”