IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Owned and subsidised.

I'm sure our elected leaders have answers....

As a council, they do have a moral duty to help those less fortunate though, people that are struggling to make ends meet and whose homes could be at risk, that kind of thing.

The g*s meet all these criteria easily.

Edited by Red Right Hand
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I see they have a small bristol energy sponsor on part of the kit. Why is a council owned company giving my council tax to that lot?

On a serious note. 1982 the Council considered making (the then struggling) City a donation and the gas complained bitterly and informed the Council they either give City nothing or else Rovers must receive the same amount.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I see they have a small bristol energy sponsor on part of the kit. Why is a council owned company giving my council tax to that lot?

I believe something similar happened around Luton/Watford. the Council sponsored or gave money to one and loads of the other sides fans complained and demanded rebates. I think they got them too. Could be fun... :devil:

4 hours ago, 22A said:

On a serious note. 1982 the Council considered making (the then struggling) City a donation and the gas complained bitterly and informed the Council they either give City nothing or else Rovers must receive the same amount.

Don't remember a serious proposal from the council, perhaps muted by a councillor.

I do remember that the council issued a winding up order for non /late payment of council rates, which wasn't very helpful.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how much they will get for those two players?

No idea how much longer they have left of their contracts, but if they are moving up a league you would guess they will get 3 million for the pair, which will probably mean Wally gets to keep his toy for another year or two.

3 million? No way

56 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Did they? Or is that just gossip and rumour?

Make the offer? Or complain?

There was definitely no offer, maybe a proposal by a councillor.

There was definitely, a winding up order because of the council rates owed. 

42 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Scott Golbourne going to the gas . Would be a good move for both . If he stays fit

That would be a bloody terrible move for Golbourne.

If he gets any other offer to continue his league career he should take that instead.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Make the offer? Or complain?

There was definitely no offer, maybe a proposal by a councillor.

There was definitely, a winding up order because of the council rates owed. 

Don't think it was a confirmed offer, but it was being discussed according to a long past on friend  who was a former chairman of the supporters club, there were also many letters in the Evening Post/ Western Daily Press complaining that if the City got help then so should the gas get the same.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That would be a bloody terrible move for Golbourne.

If he gets any other offer to continue his league career he should take that instead.

Don’t think it will. I despise Bristol Rovers. I don’t despise a young man probably with a family getting a job. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Don't think it was a confirmed offer, but it was being discussed according to a long past on friend  who was a former chairman of the supporters club, there were also many letters in the Evening Post/ Western Daily Press complaining that if the City got help then so should the gas get the same.

That's bitter beyond belief.  A reasonable stance would have been "Fine, but we would expect similar help if we were in financial difficulty".

Whether councils should bail out football clubs with taxpayers money is questionable but many do.  Plymouth council seems to buy the freehold of Argyle's ground for millions every time they hit financial difficulty then sell it back when a new owner comes in.

3 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Is Ellis Harrison really joining City  ?

Speculation on Fartchat started at £750k and now at £1.6m. 

So it’s £300k but we are paying 96x what they are paying him.

Better than joining us would be stepping up to join Salford or Billericay.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Don’t think it will. I despise Bristol Rovers. I don’t despise a young man probably with a family getting a job. 

Absolutely.  From time to time you get people on here saying that their son has been offered a youth place by Rovers and should they take it?  The answer is of course: yes, every single time. 

Opportunities to play professional football are incredibly rare so you should take whatever is offered.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Absolutely.  From time to time you get people on here saying that their son has been offered a youth place by Rovers and should they take it?  The answer is of course: yes, every single time. 

Opportunities to play professional football are incredibly rare so you should take whatever is offered.

You never know SG could be the next agent. :thumbsup:. Like I said I despise Bristol Rovers football club. But I wish him well 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

Speculation on Fartchat started at £750k and now at £1.6m. 

So it’s £300k but we are paying 96x what they are paying him.

Better than joining us would be stepping up to join Salford or Billericay.

Gaslogic means it’ll be up to between £2-3m by the time it’s announced, and they’ll know exactly what his new salary will be, prob around the £15k mark, same as MT.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

As a council, they do have a moral duty to help those less fortunate though, people that are struggling to make ends meet and who put other peoples homes at risk by squatting in them, that kind of thing.

The g*s meet all these criteria easily.

Very good point, with just a slight correction for you :-)

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Ipswich.

So a player who only manages one decent game in every 5? Games at leave one level, thinks he’ll do well moving to the championship..?!

Mind you, he’s had plenty of opportunities to gage the standard of championship football I suppose, with watching City..! 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 1