IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I heard that the gas accepted shirt sponsorship from a top dog food brand, but the league stepped in and scuppered the deal saying they couldn’t accept roverzzz having ‘Winalot’ on da famous quarterz...

It would be hard to fit a more accurate sponsor on to the shirt dimensions. Something more along the lines of....”pikey, ground stealing, ignorant, dogwanking inbreds” 

Just got mine over the phone....

Gonna go up early and make a day of it

Bloke on phone said " it is at the moment pay on the day, but you know what it's like when us gas heads go away in London....."

I asked if sales were going well and he laughed.... he said as soon as he put the phone down he was picking it up again!

My QPR fan boss is adamant we will have more fans there than them!

Look at this beauty. :facepalm:

24 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

So it begins..???? Screenshot_20180827-090146_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a6056d2a3ade89df61ac21d85c28b9eb.jpg

I’m surprised they’ve only sold 1200!

It’s a big day out for them. 

We all know our game was televised and a fixture we’ve had many, many times over the past 20 years. 

Just let them enjoy one tiny little up on us for a night. It’s all they’ve got..! 

So  all they have to do is get in any number of ex city associated staff and hey presto the guzilionaire will unless the cash

The exciting thing about all this is that if dc gets the sack a really good manager will be brought in.
This manager will demand a promotion winning playing budget and because of his reputation will get whats needed.
Its a win win situation.
Instead of our £2.6m playing budget we will have a similar budget of about £10m that blackburn had last season.
Im so excited.

Great stuff! Gary Johnson is now available & McLaren soon will be. There's probably a host of top managers out there who'd give their right arm for a chance to manage Rovers.
  • Haha 11

'Think you’re overlooking the major fact that we keep selling our best players and goal scorers. 

Very difficult to replace for a fraction of the fees we receive. Not sure anyone could replace Harrison Taylor Bodin etc for the money we’ve spent (200k Payne, 350k Nichols, Bennett 0 but let’s say 100k for extra wages and signing on fee).'

Reid sold for £10m

Weimann bought for £2m

Fraction of fee 20%

QED

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

So it begins..???? Screenshot_20180827-090146_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a6056d2a3ade89df61ac21d85c28b9eb.jpg

It's quite sweet in a "my dad's bigger than your dad" way. Let's ignore facts like, big day out to a team above them in the league structure, ticket prices significantly cheaper and no live tv coverage. Meanwhile at home, they are out sung by 352 Southend fans.

Edited by Port Said Red

Anyone got a historical crowd comparison between the blues and the reds? I think this is the clearest guide to which team has the most and the best fans, but they choose to ignore the facts.

I'm sure historical league positions would clearly show their inferiority, but they ignore that too.

Then look at the historical cup exploits of the two.  More facts ignored.

Next look at the transfer fees.  They buy and sell in the thousands whilst we trade in the millions.

Finally let's look at their home.  A dilapidated campsite vs a state-of-the-art 27000 holding Stadium.

They are a joke and a serious embarrassment to the city of Bristol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, B block said:

So  all they have to do is get in any number of ex city associated staff and hey presto the guzilionaire will unless the cash

The exciting thing about all this is that if dc gets the sack a really good manager will be brought in.
This manager will demand a promotion winning playing budget and because of his reputation will get whats needed.
Its a win win situation.
Instead of our £2.6m playing budget we will have a similar budget of about £10m that blackburn had last season.
Im so excited.

Great stuff! Gary Johnson is now available & McLaren soon will be. There's probably a host of top managers out there who'd give their right arm for a chance to manage Rovers.

right. .own up. .who's chatting this shit on their forum?? its got to be one of us

• Haha 4
  • Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm sure historical league positions would clearly show their inferiority, but they ignore that too.

Rovers joined the League in the 1920's and over the next 94 years finished above City on just 26 occasions. They then dropped out of the League and since rejoining it have still remained below City. Should any gashead dispute this, the years are listed below.

1933, 34, 35, 37, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 then a twenty year gap to 1982, 83, 84, 89, 90, 92, 96 and the last time 2000

Don't forget; Rovers were bottom of the League in the 1938-39 season, but were re-elected. It does mean though that some gasheads would have regrettably (and I do mean that) died during WW2 knowing their team was the worst in the League.

Edited by 22A
  • Haha 2

Its a win win situation.
Im so excited.

They will get someone connected to City in when Dopey leaves - Marcus Stewart.

• Haha 1

Its a win win situation.
Im so excited.

Please stop it, my sides can`t take any more!

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Rovers joined the League in the 1920's and over the next 94 years finished above City on just 26 occasions. They then dropped out of the League and since rejoining it have still remained below City. Should any gashead dispute this, the years are listed below.

1933, 34, 35, 37, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 then a twenty year gap to 1982, 83, 84, 89, 90, 92, 96 and the last time 2000

Don't forget; Rovers were bottom of the League in the 1938-39 season, but were re-elected. It does mean though that some gasheads would have regrettably (and I do mean that) died during WW2 knowing their team was the worst in the League.

Good stats, but I think you’ll find that they actually joined the league in 2015. 

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, B block said:

Its a win win situation.
Im so excited.

I wonder where the other £7.4M is going to come from given they're skint already and their FFP limit is probably nearer to £2.6M than £10M? Cloud cuckoo land?

Out of interest, what's our budget nowadays, £25M??

OTIB.

Edited by Ska Junkie

56 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Good stats, but I think you’ll find that they actually joined the league in 2015. 

I'm glad you mentioned this. If you look on the gaschat forum, the oldest post dates from mid May 2014, so presumably they had no history before that date.

Edited by 22A
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, B block said:

Its a win win situation.
Im so excited.

I bet they'd rather stick their dicks in a mincer.

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Isn't that knob a Pompey fan?

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Surely means they spent the longest continuous time as the lowest ranked league club?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, samo II said:

The important part here is “League game” - they can come back at us when a trip to QPR is a routine second tier match for them, not a ‘glamour tie’ in the league cup.

They really have zero perspective, don’t they?

With the way QPR have started this season, they might find themselves in League One next season.

Unfortunately for the Fewers, the way they have started this season....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2