IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

32 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The test on restructuring properly/not spending money will be if you struggle next season and you need to spend in order to stay up.  League 1 isn't a quality division but it's tough, as many bigger clubs will testify, personally I would prefer to take things into my own hands and sign some proven quality upfront to give every chance of success, it's a gamble to not do that and rely on the team spirit in place, which can easily disappear with a poor start (see us last season)

Fair comment. . I think in all honesty we'll fair ok and get a foothold and build on from that .. I'm not as impatient as some others .. I'm actually enjoying it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Fair comment. . I think in all honesty we'll fair ok and get a foothold and build on from that .. I'm not as impatient as some others .. I'm actually enjoying it 

I think you'll be relegated after under estimating how hard a league it is, with your fans turning on dc as early as mid September 

• Like 2

Turning the Memorial Ground into a first class training facility!

That's stretching it a bit even with "gaslogic" applied.

What would they do with santa's grotto.

They're better off turning it into a turnip patch as they have a lot of vegetables in and around the dump 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I think you'll be relegated after under estimating how hard a league it is, with your fans turning on dc as early as mid September 

We have good fighting qualities and you have your opinion which I understand. . However I believe we'll stay up 

24 minutes ago, Philgas said:

We have good fighting qualities and you have your opinion which I understand. . However I believe we'll stay up 

If you bring in a goalscorer I would expect you to be around mid table.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Not the last 2 seasons .. you've suffered the same way with managers coming and going .. who knows we may and I say may have found the right one !! Just like yourselves. 

Apart from the threats around the training ground at the start of the conference season, and the "Clarke out" threads both seasons.

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Turning the Memorial Ground into a first class training facility!

That's stretching it a bit even with "gaslogic" applied.

What would they do with santa's grotto.

They're better off turning it into a turnip patch as they have a lot of vegetables in and around the dump 

The santas grotto will be used as a hospitality box .. = Gas Logic 

7 minutes ago, City169 said:

Apart from the threats around the training ground at the start of the conference season, and the "Clarke out" threads both seasons.

The vast majority love DC .. The start of the conference season was a mare as you know .. since then he's proved himself to be a good manager 

4 minutes ago, Philgas said:

The vast majority love DC .. The start of the conference season was a mare as you know .. since then he's proved himself to be a good manager 

A good non league and basement manager, yes. 

Still got a lot to prove as to whether he's any good against reasonable opposition. 

Whether he turns out to be the next Alex Ferguson or not, I don't think anyone can deny that he is a bit of a bellend, with his embarrassingly cringeworthy antics to get in with the fans. Very unprofessional. 

Also his supposed hatred of City is a joke, having never even been involved in a game against us. I'm sure most of your lot lap it up, but seriously, he comes across as a complete tool. 

And as for his intimate relations with domestic pets... Well...! Not someone I'd want involved with our club. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Tbf he said thay start of the season which it was but then they gave him the chance and he pushed on.

Tbf I don't think even a poor start to the season (it wasn't a "mare" by any means, 2013/14 was a mare) warrants threats on posters being put up all over the training ground

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wouldn't worry about that. He has added a load of salaried directors to the board of his loss making football club.

They'll make all the difference. And if they don't, what's another half million a year to such a wealthy football club?

#gaslogic 

I'm not sure this is completely correct.

If they were salaried directors one imagines Mr Cunnah, Mr Atkins and Mr Turner would at least list Bristol Rovers on their Linkedin page ?

They appear to be firmly embedded in other businesses but no doubt enjoy the Mateus Rose with their sardine and tomato paste sandwiches on Saturdays at the Mem.

1 hour ago, City169 said: