IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You know it's not even the beginning.

It's your fault though.

We need your club to get serious then we will  stop laughing at you .

For quite a while it is just too easy to take you lot as a laughing stock .

You would have to be senseless not to see the irony of being relegated by a team wearing your own kit ! 

Go on Gas , give us something to worry about .

Well to be honest I think we are giving it a go !! Bit by bit we're getting there !

Listen .. all this fuss about what we wear when we play ..where we play .. who we play .. who we buy .. it may be amusing for you but for us we're still on our rollercoaster ride so we're enjoying every second .. tinpot us ? Thats a new word that just sounds like a word used by a load of sheep !! 

4 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Listen .. all this fuss about what we wear when we play ..where we play .. who we play .. who we buy .. it may be amusing for you but for us we're still on our rollercoaster ride so we're enjoying every second .. tinpot us ? Thats a new word that just sounds like a word used by a load of sheep !! 

I just looked up the word tinpot. I think it should be your motto Philly.

A crappy little Football club who have never achieved anything, have very few supporters and generally have a rubbish stadium.

• Like 14

55 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Talking sheep Phil?

Put your hands up and step away from the bong!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

You talk like you're on here having fun, but I bet you're biting your lip and choking back the tears of frustration and rage!:cool:

2 hours ago, Philgas said:

Our first team tops were still at our dry cleaners ..

Phil - you have the ability to make the impossible sound almost plausible, so I've worked out who you are - Nick Higgs.  How are you getting on spending the millions you received from the sale of Rovers?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You know it's not even the beginning.

It's your fault though.Yes it is .....

We need your club to get serious then we will  stop laughing at you .No we don't/won't ....

For quite a while it is just too easy to take you lot as a laughing stock .This is true ....

You would have to be senseless not to see the irony of being relegated by a team wearing your own kit ! Ironic and funny in equal measures.

Go on Gas , give us something to worry about . ain't gonna happen any time soon !

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 19:48, 22A said:

On this forum there are frequent jibs at the entire town of Swindon, not just it's football team. Their speedway team is trying to get a new track and the story has become a long drawn out saga, which is why I've posted in this thread. This comment below is from a speedway forum and sounds soooooo similar to the UWE ground for Rovers story.

Certain people at the stadium also keep claiming that planning permission has been granted and that construction was just about to start.  I have no idea where they get their information from.  I have been hearing this for at least a year. 

That Swindon Speedway new track saga is now sounding like a second UWE;

"Now report in the local paper http://www.swindonad.../?ref=mrb&lp=15 The stadium should have been finished ages ago. Remember they still have issues re the parking numbers. It's one thing having a stadium that can be easily and quickly built, but you have to get the planning permission first. There's plenty of talk to say all is well and somehow construction is about to start, but when you actually look at the documentation you see a very different story. Anyone would think people were hoping that nobody had the ability to read and understand it".

13 minutes ago, cynic said:

I really don't get the sheer bitterness and bile from the vast majority of their supporters I meet (although most don't actually attend).

No matter what AG looks like a large number of Gasheads will always genuinely think it's a 'shitpit'...that's just the nature of football fans in general, even when their own facilities are laughable for a football club in 2017.

One of the things I think they hate most about Ashton Gate is that they know it's the oldest and most recognisable football league venue in Bristol. For a fanbase who bang on about history, identity and tradition all the time the fact that we have over a century as a football league club whilst still playing in our spiritual home annoys many of them, especially as it is now fit for the 21st Century. 

They left their spiritual home decades ago. They might own the Mem but it will always be someone else's ground, the UWE will be a huge improvement and they'll love it but it'll be everything they claim to hate...modern, 'plastic', no history.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, cynic said:

You mean they are hypocritical?

.....like the sort of fans who mock their rivals for being the 'plastic' plaything of a super rich 'Sugardaddy'...

.....then celebrate like mental when they get bought by a (supposedly) super rich 'Sugardaddy' and boast about how massively wealthy they are and how many millions Wally is going to pump into the club?

Yes, they are hypocritical.

• Like 4

If Wael can't come to an agreement with the UWE over the freehold of the land there's not a lot he can do? All we can hope is some progress is still being made but, if it's not, we may well have to walk away from a deal if it doesn't appear to have the club's best interests at heart. 

Another factor is Brexit seems to be having a major effect on commercial property funds, not sure how that effects direct investment in commercial property but like the financial crisis & supermarkets profits collapsing in the past its not something anybody could forecast.

mate of mine is a frequenter at the new sh8te refurb, very impressed with "the fans aspect" of it all, ie: pre - match day facilities.. looks like they have done some homework on it and put it inplace, as in the American idea of making it an all day experience as opposed to a two and half hour thing, which is what most, not all, tend to do

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/5382/wael-steve-groundhopping#ixzz4E8OuTiCc.   

4 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

mate of mine is a frequenter at the new sh8te refurb, very impressed with "the fans aspect" of it all, ie: pre - match day facilities.. looks like they have done some homework on it and put it inplace, as in the American idea of making it an all day experience as opposed to a two and half hour thing, which is what most, not all, tend to do

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/5382/wael-steve-groundhopping#ixzz4E8OuTiCc.   

Grudging praise but I suppose that`s all a gashead can bring themselves to say.

With information disseminating that Sir Stephen Hamster has banned journalists from asking questions about the UWE Stadium one wonders whether we are back again to the cold sore era when Nikita Higgs imposed his iron fist on media circles as well as squares and rectangles ?

If true this can only mean one thing, either Sir Stephen does not wish to be questioned about the UWE Stadium or Matty Taylor is a mole. Whichever is the case I am sure long standing Rovers fans will be dismayed to learn that the short lived spirit of openness and transparency at the Mem has expired. That once again a shroud of secrecy has descended upon our eclectic cluster of shipping containers and Portakabins heralding no doubt a new age of austerity and oppression.

It doesn’t worry me of course because I have many happy memories of the 1950’s such as celebrating the Suez crisis with Harry and Marina at their dacha just outside Vladiradstock. We knew there was danger of a nuclear holocaust destroying the world but with both City and Rovers sitting pretty in the second division it was a time to relax and enjoy ourselves. Trouble in the Middle East didn’t bother us one bit although it may have done if our ownership structures had been different.

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

If Wael can't come to an agreement with the UWE over the freehold of the land there's not a lot he can do? All we can hope is some progress is still being made but, if it's not, we may well have to walk away from a deal if it doesn't appear to have the club's best interests at heart. 

Another factor is Brexit seems to be having a major effect on commercial property funds, not sure how that effects direct investment in commercial property but like the financial crisis & supermarkets profits collapsing in the past its not something anybody could forecast.

Brilliant isn't it. With Sterling at a low people should be falling over themselves for a bargain investment.

Not Wally, and none of his mates.