IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Looks like our summer recruitments have well and truly clarified the gap between us and them

we can throw circa 5 million to a Prem team and an Italian Serie A club for 2 players and they are looking at free transfers at the best

"we're coming for you" yeah of course you are!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wally's Family Wealth

Apparently Dad Wally owns less than 20% of the bank with Wallys Junior holding smaller percentages.

Guesstimate the family wealth to be under a hundred million. Wealthy collectively, yes. Able to fund a new stadium and invest significantly on the training ground, academy and first team?

Probably not.

This needs posting on ass-shat.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wally's Family Wealth

Apparently Dad Wally owns less than 20% of the bank with Wallys Junior holding smaller percentages.

Guesstimate the family wealth to be under a hundred million. Wealthy collectively, yes. Able to fund a new stadium and invest significantly on the training ground, academy and first team?

Probably not.

I've got shares in Lloyds Banking Group....

Guess I'll go out and 'buy' a non league football club now. 

Anyone know any Downs League teams that need a generous owner?

Have any sags worked out Wael has zero cash available and has been laughed out of every investment bank in the City of London yet?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I've got shares in Lloyds Banking Group....

Guess I'll go out and 'buy' a non league football club now. 

Anyone know any Downs League teams that need a generous owner?

Have any sags worked out Wael has zero cash available and has been laughed out of every investment bank in the City of London yet?

Wouldn't worry about that. He has added a load of salaried directors to the board of his loss making football club.

They'll make all the difference. And if they don't, what's another half million a year to such a wealthy football club?

#gaslogic 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Looks like our summer recruitments have well and truly clarified the gap between us and them

we can throw circa 5 million to a Prem team and an Italian Serie A club for 2 players and they are looking at free transfers at the best

"we're coming for you" yeah of course you are!!

Thank God our club is run and financed by people with ambition. Actions speak louder than words.

We've secured the signing of Lee Tomlin who played a huge role in our survival last season and who wanted to come back. O'Neill has come to us from Norwich where he was highly thought of, Brownhill looks like a promising young player. Now we've got Magnusson from Juventus. Other promising young players have joined and it looks like there's potentially more deals to come as well.

Imagine if we were as universally admired and rich as the Gas? :rofl2br:

Has their beardy, trophy shagging top scorer signed a new contract yet or is he totally determined to show them just how much he doesn't want to be there?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Thank God our club is run and financed by people with ambition. Actions speak louder than words.

We've secured the signing of Lee Tomlin who played a huge role in our survival last season and who wanted to come back. O'Neill has come to us from Norwich where he was highly thought of, Brownhill looks like a promising young player. Now we've got Magnusson from Juventus. Other promising young players have joined and it looks like there's potentially more deals to come as well.

Imagine if we were as universally admired and rich as the Gas? :rofl2br:

Has their beardy, trophy shagging top scorer signed a new contract yet or is he totally determined to show them just how much he doesn't want to be there?

I'm sure over on the deep dark web AKA slagchat they're discussing our new signing with great detail, just like they did with Tomlins.. I guess they have to discuss something. Watching "Luke James all goals" would only last about 15 seconds..

Edited by Iron Man

15 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

I'm sure over on the deep dark web AKA slagchat they're discussing our new signing with great detail, just like they did with Tomlins.. I guess they have to discuss something

They did?

Bet they were full of praise and admiration eh?

43 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Well let's see how we get on ... a good team playing for eachother wins everytime ( well most anyway ) .. yep you're spending millions he's leaving the acquisition side to DC ... and in him we trust 

You're attempting to compete in league 1 with league 2 and non league players.  Unless there's a sudden influx of quality league 1 players it's going to be a long and difficult season.  My guess is we'll hear the first Clarke out chants around about bonfire night.

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

This needs posting on ass-shat.

I think most Gasheads are aware that the family own around 32% of  shares in the Arab Jordan Investment Bank, and are also major shareholders in a tourism company which owns The Four Seasons Hotel Amman.  They aren't billionaires.

Haven't seen any verified figures of their actual wealth, so no idea if the "under a hundred million" quoted is accurate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

Well let's see how we get on ... a good team playing for eachother wins everytime ( well most anyway ) .. yep you're spending millions he's leaving the acquisition side to DC ... and in him we trust 

And the final say on players is with LJ, so the acquisition is also down to him, we've just got a set up to support him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, In the Net said:

I think most Gasheads are aware that the family own around 32% of  shares in the Arab Jordan Investment Bank, and are also major shareholders in a tourism company which owns The Four Seasons Hotel Amman.  They aren't billionaires.

Haven't seen any verified figures of their actual wealth, so no idea if the "under a hundred million" quoted is accurate.

It's under 50 million,

wally if just a front for Steve hamer to get his grubby hands on your club, he is after the mem land for development and not there for rovers,

now brexit has happen don't be surprised if he starts getting cold feet

Knowing how much comedy value your club has given us, every time someone mentions the gas having connections to a hotel abroad I seem to get this vision come to mind.

I honestly don't think that most are aware. Literally (and I am literally using that word in the literal sense) all the 15er friends I have are convinced that Wally is richer than SL. 

• Like 2

Obviously there will be a level of bias no matter how much I say there isn't.. However, in my job I'm lucky enough to visit 20/30 pubs around Bristol a day & 80% of gasheads I hear talking, in relation to their owners wealth, genuinely have delusions of grander and think they are extremely rich and will be huge in the near future, it's honestly laughable and not even solely from a city fans view, crazy. On Tuesday a sag was talking about the opposition in L1 and started talkinh about the teams that were relegated from the championship, I kid you not he said "MK Dons are a load of shit" & "We will beat them easily" madness. I understand all teams have idiot fans just like they have rational ones aka philgas/in the net but with the blue few it seems to be a very one sided percentage.

Edited by Griffin