IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Still got the markings of a B&Q warehouse.

I heard the Gas Hit Squad legged it from a B&Q when they were approached by a pensioner in an orange apron by the outdoor living solutions aisle.

Word is, the old timer asked them if they wanted 'decking' and they all ran away.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Your ground would be more 'Go Outdoors' than B&Q....The likes of Sheffield Utd, Coventry and Charlton fans will wet themselves laughing when they come to your place next season.

image.jpeg

Mate, the very fact that it's Sheffield Utd, Coventry and Charlton fans rather than Braintree, Gateshead and Eastleigh fans is good enough for me for now!

Edited by Fordingbridge Pirate
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Your ground would be more 'Go Outdoors' than B&Q....The likes of Sheffield Utd, Coventry and Charlton fans will wet themselves laughing when they come to your place next season.

image.jpeg

They have had to increase their capacity due to the record 5k season tickets sold. To think they are meant to have one of the bestest fan bases in england :facepalm:

#tinpot

Uwe will not happen as they want to own the right to profits made 

also they are unable to attract any investors 

with all his so say billions why the need to get a third party to invest 

he will start to asset strip in order to get his money back 

They thought that they was on for 30 million off Sainsbury and would have been a quick profit 

please answer phil 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

They have had to increase their capacity due to the record 5k season tickets sold. To think they are meant to have one of the bestest fan bases in england :facepalm:

#tinpot

Oh No We're Not !!! That's the New IN word " TINPOT " .. Just wait n see !!

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

Uwe will not happen as they want to own the right to profits made 

also they are unable to attract any investors 

with all his so say billions why the need to get a third party to invest 

he will start to asset strip in order to get his money back 

They thought that they was on for 30 million off Sainsbury and would have been a quick profit 

please answer phil 

Blimey now that's a toughy ... I'll reply when Gas Logic strikes again in my head ... 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

sooooo the worlds bestest and most loyal fan base have turned against the player that fired them to two promotions,

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/7647/matty-taylor?page=5 

with that kind of fan base, you can see why all the big players like Luke James wants to sign for them

Quite amusing calling them calling Oxford a small club.

"There are some similarities between Oxford and the Gas - Both have ambition and both promoted from league 2 - We just have a bigger fan base, will have a bigger stadium and have a richer owner"

Edited by Super

33 minutes ago, Super said:

Quite amusing calling them calling Oxford a small club.

"There are some similarities between Oxford and the Gas - Both have ambition and both promoted from league 2 - We just have a bigger fan base, will have a bigger stadium and have a richer owner"

We just have a bigger fan base: 

4 Bristol Rovers Bristol Rovers 186.218 23 8.096
5 Oxford United Oxford United 165.860 23 7.211

That's debatable 

will have a bigger stadium:

No because pipe dreams don't become reality

Richer owners:

Oxford's owners have actually invested in the club and improved it, Rovers owners have yet to show the colour of money but he has a 15k watch don't you know

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Got to laugh, Oxford are easily a bigger club.

When I was growing up they were in the top flight.

There have been a few debates on here regarding sizes of clubs. More recently with barnsley pulling a paddy because they lost a player to a smaller club which apparently is us. Support wise rovers are probably bigger but then they have just had two back to back promotions. 

37 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

There have been a few debates on here regarding sizes of clubs. More recently with barnsley pulling a paddy because they lost a player to a smaller club which apparently is us. Support wise rovers are probably bigger but then they have just had two back to back promotions. 

size of support doesn't mean you are a bigger club, its a factor yes but it isn't the only factor, Newcastle get more through the gate then Liverpool but that doesn't make them bigger

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

size of support doesn't mean you are a bigger club, its a factor yes but it isn't the only factor, Newcastle get more through the gate then Liverpool but that doesn't make them bigger

For me it is all about Gates. Being a successful club and a big club are different in my opinion. But then you must look at each team if there was no Gate restriction. If Anfield and St James' each had an infinite capacity who would get the higher gates? If you add success and history into the equation you are no longer talking about size. Success can lead to size but for me they are different. Man U are still the biggest club in the UK followed by the Arsenal, despite just some FA cups between them of late.