IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 hours ago, Malago said:

They remained deluded.  It's only a matter of time before Dopey's off, then they'll be wailing and nashing of the teeth.

it still amazes me that they've convinced themselves that finishing 10th in the third tier and shipping 7 goals in their last two games represents a "fantastic season".

They've shipped EIGHT goals in their last two games.....

I like the #gaslogic applied to their fan accounting skills.

We got 300k for Taylor, and we made similar from the game against Chelsea so there is money available!!

Err, no there isn't. Your break even figure exceeds the capacity of your ground, and the monies generated from an away game and a player sale will go towards reducing your losses. Just because this is extra money, it doesn't mean it sits there willing to be spent. 

Applying #gaslogic would mean that most people have savings calculated on the difference between their credit limit and their current balance, conveniently forgetting they don't actually have that money because it isn't theirs.

What was it? Debts of 10mil?

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 1

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

I like the #gaslogic applied to their fan accounting skills.

We got 300k for Taylor, and we made similar from the game against Chelsea so there is money available!!

Err, no there isn't. Your break even figure exceeds the capacity of your ground, and the monies generated from an away game and a player sale will go towards reducing your losses. Just because this is extra money, it doesn't mean it sits there willing to be spent. 

Applying #gaslogic would mean that most people have savings calculated on the difference between their credit limit and their current balance, conveniently forgetting they don't actually have that money because it isn't theirs.

What was it? Debts of 10mil?

That was in the year up to June 2016 wasn't it? Probably more now. :)

it seems that it is finally starting to sink in that they haven't got a pot to piss in,

Previous years accounts were quite transparent about the interest rates charged on directors loans and bonds with the loans being at 2.5% - 4.0% and the 3 year bonds at 3.5% over base rate.

The directors and shareholders did not charge any interest in 2015 and at the time of the takeover wrote off the accumulated interest from previous years to which they were entitled and which amounted to £ 607 000.

Interest on the MSP Capital loan was charged at 1.2% per month and the amount outstanding remained at £2 730 000 from 1/7/15 to the date of the takeover. Therefore the amount of interest payable on the MSP Capital loan during this period can be estimated at about £ 260 000.

Interest of about £ 30 000 was also due to preference shareholders during the 2016 financial year so taken together about £ 290 000 was payable. Interest was waived on the previous shareholders loans and bonds so it appears that nothing else was payable.  

The accounts show a total of £ 435 000 charged during the full year so it would appear that Dwane Sports Ltd charged £ 145 000 for the period from 18/2/16 to 30/6/16. The initial amount injected was £ 6 211 000 and the amount owed at the year end was £ 7 200 000 so, if my figures are correct, the interest rate charged by Dwane Sports Ltd would be between 5.5% and 6.5%.

I stand to be corrected if my interpretation of the 2016 accounts is wrong and I am making no judgement on whether or not Dwane Sports Ltd should be charging interest or at what rate. But if we accept the principle that this is a commercial transaction between two companies, and that on a credit line of £ 10 million Rovers could be charged up to £ 650 000  interest per year, I wonder how sustainable it is since we have been told we will continue to make trading losses until a new stadium is operational ? 

People aren't interested Swiss, the concensus is that Dwane Sports is Bristol Rovers just ignore the fact that they recognise that they only own 92.6% of Bristol Rovers. I'm sure that they are charging interest if only to convert it to equity at a later stage thus diluting the independent shareholders 7.4% further. People on here don't even blink at the contradictory Chairman's statement where he quite clearly says Dwane Sports have purchased new training facilities (so expect them to charge the Club rent to use those facilities) and then says the Club now own it's own training facilities. People would rather believe in some Jordanian money tree paying for everything. 

PS despite all of the above I do have more faith in current owners delivering progress on and off the pitch than previous owners, however if it all goes tits up we'll be in as bad if not worse position under them

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

it seems that it is finally starting to sink in that they haven't got a pot to piss in,

Previous years accounts were quite transparent about the interest rates charged on directors loans and bonds with the loans being at 2.5% - 4.0% and the 3 year bonds at 3.5% over base rate.

The directors and shareholders did not charge any interest in 2015 and at the time of the takeover wrote off the accumulated interest from previous years to which they were entitled and which amounted to £ 607 000.

Interest on the MSP Capital loan was charged at 1.2% per month and the amount outstanding remained at £2 730 000 from 1/7/15 to the date of the takeover. Therefore the amount of interest payable on the MSP Capital loan during this period can be estimated at about £ 260 000.

Interest of about £ 30 000 was also due to preference shareholders during the 2016 financial year so taken together about £ 290 000 was payable. Interest was waived on the previous shareholders loans and bonds so it appears that nothing else was payable.  

The accounts show a total of £ 435 000 charged during the full year so it would appear that Dwane Sports Ltd charged £ 145 000 for the period from 18/2/16 to 30/6/16. The initial amount injected was £ 6 211 000 and the amount owed at the year end was £ 7 200 000 so, if my figures are correct, the interest rate charged by Dwane Sports Ltd would be between 5.5% and 6.5%.

I stand to be corrected if my interpretation of the 2016 accounts is wrong and I am making no judgement on whether or not Dwane Sports Ltd should be charging interest or at what rate. But if we accept the principle that this is a commercial transaction between two companies, and that on a credit line of £ 10 million Rovers could be charged up to £ 650 000  interest per year, I wonder how sustainable it is since we have been told we will continue to make trading losses until a new stadium is operational ? 

People aren't interested Swiss, the concensus is that Dwane Sports is Bristol Rovers just ignore the fact that they recognise that they only own 92.6% of Bristol Rovers. I'm sure that they are charging interest if only to convert it to equity at a later stage thus diluting the independent shareholders 7.4% further. People on here don't even blink at the contradictory Chairman's statement where he quite clearly says Dwane Sports have purchased new training facilities (so expect them to charge the Club rent to use those facilities) and then says the Club now own it's own training facilities. People would rather believe in some Jordanian money tree paying for everything. 

PS despite all of the above I do have more faith in current owners delivering progress on and off the pitch than previous owners, however if it all goes tits up we'll be in as bad if not worse position under them

You Forgot to say its all our fault mate. :violin:

20 hours ago, WessexPest said:

I'm pretty sure it's defunct unless someone else picked up the baton. I actually know the woman who used to run that fanzine in person - she's a very pleasant person incidentally and always got on well with her despite the rivalry.

However, she got fed up with the endless shenanigans at Rovers behind the scenes and no longer goes to watch them. She now follows AFC Wimbledon instead I believe.

18 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

She does. I was known for penning the odd article meself actually!

I think the fanzine just died a natural death as did many others after their heyday in the early 90s.

Let's have it right, she announced the fanzine would stop the day Rovers got relegated on 2nd May !

Sounds like a proper hissy fit to me. Funny though.

To be fair it was a bad time for Rovers fans with some getting banned from the Mem I believe (John Majkeke sp?) for speaking out against the board!

Like you say now AFC Wimbledon and follows the cricket abroad.

OMG!!! On their forum three pages of posts concerning profits falling for Sainsbury's.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9824/shamesburys-profits "Like to think our boycotting adds a little to their pain, I'm well aware it's a drop in the ocean, but it still puts a smile on my face." "Without the actions of Sainsbury's we would still be under the rule of the old board in a new stadium saddled with debt." "Wow they only made 500m .Good job boycotters" 

Best of all to sum up their mentality "I sometimes go into their toilets and take a dump in one of the hand basins, does this help?"

One voice of reason though "Business is business. They look after their business, we look after ours. Had the contract been 'watertight' as we were constantly told, they would have had no room to manoeuvre. At it turned out (and unsurprising to anyone familiar with the previous board), it wasn't and they legally and legitimately pulled out. People are living in cuckoo land if they think they would have proceeded with the purchase out of a sense of 'fairness'."

22 minutes ago, 22A said:

OMG!!! On their forum three pages of posts concerning profits falling for Sainsbury's.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9824/shamesburys-profits "Like to think our boycotting adds a little to their pain, I'm well aware it's a drop in the ocean, but it still puts a smile on my face." "Without the actions of Sainsbury's we would still be under the rule of the old board in a new stadium saddled with debt." "Wow they only made 500m .Good job boycotters" 

Best of all to sum up their mentality "I sometimes go into their toilets and take a dump in one of the hand basins, does this help?"

One voice of reason though "Business is business. They look after their business, we look after ours. Had the contract been 'watertight' as we were constantly told, they would have had no room to manoeuvre. At it turned out (and unsurprising to anyone familiar with the previous board), it wasn't and they legally and legitimately pulled out. People are living in cuckoo land if they think they would have proceeded with the purchase out of a sense of 'fairness'."

Seriously? Jeez. Weird thing is that Sainsbury's contract out their cleaning services so it's some employee of a cleaning firm, not even on Sainsbury's payroll, having to sort that. 

Hope he/she wipes their arse after at least.

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Seriously? Jeez. Weird thing is that Sainsbury's contract out their cleaning services so it's some employee of a cleaning firm, not even on Sainsbury's payroll, having to sort that. 

Hope he/she wipes their arse after at least.

It`s not unusual. You have to remember that they often have to crap in the basin at home once the toilet and bath are filled up.

15 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Let's have it right, she announced the fanzine would stop the day Rovers got relegated on 2nd May !

Sounds like a proper hissy fit to me. Funny though.

To be fair it was a bad time for Rovers fans with some getting banned from the Mem I believe (John Majkeke sp?) for speaking out against the board!

Like you say now AFC Wimbledon and follows the cricket abroad.

It did get all a bit 'North Korean' at our place for a bit. I'm not sure if John was banned, but he-along with several others- were treated pretty shabbily by some at the club. Lansdown has come in for some-in my opinion ridiculous- stick on here at times, you might do well to remember that at least he hasn't resorted to excercising his substantial financial muscle to keep people quiet.

• Like 4

Love this from LastMinuteLosers on the Sag 2nd May thread:-

"However greater the teds think they are, and however much money Lansdown continues to throw at them, I'm sure they will never eclipse that end to the season and for that magical moment alone I will always be glad I chose blue rather than red."

I think he is clearly confusing 2nd May with 3rd of May and why he made the decision to support Tinpot shite in his quest to become a clown amongst Bristol's biggest laughing stock.

Picture the scene......He is on the pitch at Wycombe singing "Now you're gonna believe us the Gas are staying up" before knowing for definite that you are mathematically safe, whilst offering out 15 year old public school boys because you are paranoid that Teds are following you en masse to revel in your relegation to the abyss. Followed the very next weekend by a win for both Wycombe and Northampton whilst witnessing Sir Colin Daniel of Mansfield kitted out in his black Rovers shirt derailing the Sag Express and sending it directly to Nonleaguesville.

Now, in context of wanting to become an absolute clown supporting a Tinpot laughing stock his statement is far clearer......

"I'm sure they will never eclipse that end to the season and for that magical moment alone I will always be glad I chose blue rather than red."

Yes clown. We are pleased for you. Enjoy your Championship ready sprinklers and Pimms tent.

• Like 6