IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

18 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There’s a lot to slate Ashton for. However, this isn’t one and it’s embarrassing anyone fell for it. The account is, to be frank, horseshit. The Mullin story made no sense (having moved from Cambridge to Wrexham in part to be closer to family - obviously the £ helped also), and a cursory look at the account shows the following bullshit…

Of course it's nonsense* but any opportunity to take the piss out of Ashton has to be taken.?

*Though the Ipswich fan who thinks they could sign Alex probably believes it.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

There’s a lot to slate Ashton for. However, this isn’t one and it’s embarrassing anyone fell for it. The account is, to be frank, horseshit. The Mullin story made no sense (having moved from Cambridge to Wrexham in part to be closer to family - obviously the £ helped also), and a cursory look at the account shows the following bullshit…

Of course it’s nonsense, but I thought the Djed Spence rumour, seeking a transfer so he could move to an area in which he has a holiday home, was quite amusing.

On 30/04/2023 at 14:09, Port Said Red said:

Do you think so? Do you think that, outside of this board, the average fan knows or cares who he is? I am not so sure.

I think Avon & Somerset's "finest" will be taking a very different and far more cautious view to you if Swiss decides to make an appearance at the Gate next season. I reckon many more "average" fans than you think are acutely aware why they have had to sit through two and a half seasons of the shittest football imaginable prior to Nige finally being able to make it more watchable in the last six months or so............

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think Avon & Somerset's "finest" will be taking a very different and far more cautious view to you if Swiss decides to make an appearance at the Gate next season. I reckon many more "average" fans than you think are acutely aware why they have had to sit through two and a half seasons of the shittest football imaginable prior to Nige finally being able to make it more watchable in the last six months or so............

He will.  He won’t be able to pass up the opportunity to be the centre of attention - good or bad.   The slimy, narcissistic, odious, cheating ****

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, daored said:

Despite what the majority on here think and view of Ashton , does anybody think SL would reconsider appointing him? Ashton clearly is a bullshitter not sure the top of the club see it that way ?

I think Steve comes across as a trusting and genuinely nice guy. He was told to appoint a Football man , Ashton ticked the boxes and I think they got on. No one likes to be proved wrong, and that seems to be more so with Steve L . I don't think he would appoint the used Car dealer again, but I do think he would consider him a mate. That's how bullshitters engrain themselves, Ashton is all smoke and mirrors, Richard Gould and Phil Alexander have shown you can be good at you job without hogging the limelight  in good times while hiding when the going gets tough. 

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think Steve comes across as a trusting and genuinely nice guy. He was told to appoint a Football man , Ashton ticked the boxes and I think they got on. No one likes to be proved wrong, and that seems to be more so with Steve L . I don't think he would appoint the used Car dealer again, but I do think he would consider him a mate. That's how bullshitters engrain themselves, Ashton is all smoke and mirrors, Richard Gould and Phil Alexander have shown you can be good at you job without hogging the limelight  in good times while hiding when the going gets tough. 

Brought him in twice, let’s hope he never thinks “third time lucky”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daored said:

Despite what the majority on here think and view of Ashton , does anybody think SL would reconsider appointing him? Ashton clearly is a bullshitter not sure the top of the club see it that way ?

In terms of senior appointments nothing SL does would surprise me.

”It’s my club”. That never to be forgotten quote on RB has always stuck in my mind.

Anyone who actually understands football knows that even if you hold all of the shares in a club you don’t own it, you are simply the current custodian.

Going back to SL’s senior appointments, should he retain ownership or control, I am completely convinced that LJ will be HC again, probably after Nige retires or quits or is sacked.

For that not to happen LJ would need to be in a very high profile role, which is unlikely in my opinion.

• Like 1