IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

8 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Won comfortably tonight, but Plymouth keep winning despite their injury problems.

Grandstand finish to the season in League 1, can’t seem to see the Gas in the mix for some reason.

Surely in the mix   aren’t they coming for us ?‍♂️?‍♂️??

3 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Picked up again after an awful few months, think they blew automatics then, unless Plymouth bottle it

Played 19th, 20th, 22nd and 24th all in a row, in a division where the gap in quality between top and bottom is vast.

Nothing to worry about

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Picked up again after an awful few months, think they blew automatics then, unless Plymouth bottle it

Think when Plymouth lost their senior keeper for the season (& a first choice CB for some while) in the defeat at Hillsborough that was when they might have buckled, but based on an unbelievable home record, they keep on churning out the results.

Really hoping to see them back in The Championship next season now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Plymouth have a bit of history for falling away towards the end of a season, can't see that happening this season tho.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think when Plymouth lost their senior keeper for the season (& a first choice CB for some while) in the defeat at Hillsborough that was when they might have buckled, but based on an unbelievable home record, they keep on churning out the results.

Really hoping to see them back in The Championship next season now.

Coupled with Swans recalling Morgan Whitaker as well. If they were going to implode that`s when it would have been. I did wonder when they let in 5 at Posh mind.......................

It were a good win, we went out with desire and intent and Accrington tried at times but there can be no real complaint from their fans about being beaten.    We're on a good run right now, scoring goals almost at will and top scorers in the league.   Average two goals every fixture and if the defence were as reliable as the forward line we'd be probably home and dry regards any promotion issue.    Bolton up next, another promotion rival but do feel we'll score at least one up there.   Our attacking potential and rate are formidable as the league demonstrates but we do make things hard for ourselves sometimes by way of missed chances and not finishing teams off when the opportunity is there.     With a bit more ruthlessness and the manager needs to show a similar characteristic, I'd feel much more assured of getting a promotion.

This league is tough, I don't think any Championship team realises just how hard it is to make it back unless you've actually experienced it but for all the miseries and eternal hope of escaping back to Championship level there are one or two corners of light relief that come along.     Take for instance a view of Derby County's main fan forum last night.     Thought I'd take a look-in seeing as they've just endured a significant setback and a promotion rival but caught sight of a post that claimed along the lines of "We shouldn't be here, every game we play is every others teams Cup Final and same goes for referees" 

You know, We're better than you, every other team in League One should bow to our superiority, look out you feeble subordinates, Derby County coming through.    We are absolute rulers of this division, Kneel before Zod, that kind of bollocks.       Thought at first it were some Forest fan on a wind-up but seems they were actually serious with their take on things.      Put it down to they had a bad night at Plymouth, someone didn't get the result they were hoping for and weren't thinking quite rationally.     ?

1 minute ago, Southend Blue said:

It were a good win, we went out with desire and intent and Accrington tried at times but there can be no real complaint from their fans about being beaten.    We're on a good run right now, scoring goals almost at will and top scorers in the league.   Average two goals every fixture and if the defence were as reliable as the forward line we'd be probably home and dry regards any promotion issue.    Bolton up next, another promotion rival but do feel we'll score at least one up there.   Our attacking potential and rate are formidable as the league demonstrates but we do make things hard for ourselves sometimes by way of missed chances and not finishing teams off when the opportunity is there.     With a bit more ruthlessness and the manager needs to show a similar characteristic, I'd feel much more assured of getting a promotion.

This league is tough, I don't think any Championship team realises just how hard it is to make it back unless you've actually experienced it but for all the miseries and eternal hope of escaping back to Championship level there are one or two corners of light relief that come along.     Take for instance a view of Derby County's main fan forum last night.     Thought I'd take a look-in seeing as they've just endured a significant setback and a promotion rival but caught sight of a post that claimed along the lines of "We shouldn't be here, every game we play is every others teams Cup Final and same goes for referees" 

You know, We're better than you, every other team in League One should bow to our superiority, look out you feeble subordinates, Derby County coming through.    We are absolute rulers of this division, Kneel before Zod, that kind of bollocks.       Thought at first it were some Forest fan on a wind-up but seems they were actually serious with their take on things.      Put it down to they had a bad night at Plymouth, someone didn't get the result they were hoping for and weren't thinking quite rationally.     ?

Did i hear right that accrington brought 16 fans? Credit to them.

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

On the subject of Plymouth @Harry @Davefevs, Michael Cooper`s just signed a new contract until 2025.

Gonna cost a bit now if someone wants him in the summer.

Yep. He may be out of our league now anyway. 
The only thing to wonder is whether he’ll be the same when he returns from injury. Will he have the same reactions - a knee injury like that for a keeper might see him a bit slower to get down to those low shots, lose a bit of spring etc. 

Shame he did that knee. I thought he was destined for top 4 top 6 kinda level. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniro said:

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/23431585.ipswich-town-latest-accounts-show-huge-investment-owners/

Hurtling towards adversity and spending a blooming fortune on the way!

Imagine the need for MA to rush and and spend even more again if the get promoted, of course he could need to spend even more again if they do not get promoted as the players are not good enough

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

All with the same agent? ?

I found a neat way of converting a pdf file into excel.  Okay, neat for geeks like me, boring as hell for the best of you!

84EC075A-B3C6-4F70-BFAC-7B11B9347B64.thumb.jpeg.b80ef86f60d436003a659a37e864ca83.jpeg

For info, Refuel Performance is linked to ex-Watford goalie, Richard Lee (him of Dragon’s Den fame), who was providing transfer consultancy to City, when MA was here.  Danny Webber, ex-Watford too.  Stellar Football is a huge agency (Jonathan Barnett) so don’t read too much into 5 players being with them. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

That’s one way to spin it, and glaze over the big increase in “operating expenses”….wages up £3m, other costs up £6m, that led to losses doubling.

In other words, we now have confirmation the player trading strategy came from Ashton.

At least he got it right with Webster for us, but that was about it. It's not sustainable, as we found out the hard way.

Wasn't even aware of the fan forum held this evening.      Support the club name by all means, but life doesn't revolve around it 24 hours a day.  

Ashton, McKenna (manager) and Mick O'Leary (Chairperson) were in attendance and took questions over and beyond 90 minutes, longer than a standard football match.    Takes on greater relevance this time around due to the amount of changes made in the last year or two i.e. removal of ex-owner Marcus Evans and two or three managers dismissed before McKenna came on board.     Not to mention the upturn in fortunes and being on the verge of a promotion, seven game winning streak, best season since Joe Royle was in position with us, that's something like 15 years and beyond.    It's really been that long in the wilderness.

We're raising season ticket sales so says Ashton, the price and cost of purchase will rise (although not entirely sure to what exact extent) if the team gets a promotion from League One in a few weeks from now.       The $64,000 question being will the club be Championship level in August or not.    Right now, despite the progress made, I really don't know or could (not) answer truthfully.  

The club name has made a financial loss since Game Changer Yanks took over ownership from Marcus Evans in the last year actually.      It's too much to put into context but take a view of one of our leading message boards / fan sites and all relevant information can be found and elaborated upon (so I don't need to)

Think it's fair to say I and so many others (fans) have been so embroiled in what happens on the pitch it's easy to overlook what goes on at the same time at board level and within the hierarchies of the club name itself.     I'll provide a link to one of our leading fan pages for Robins fans to view over including Ashton speaking out and the availability of today's fans forum held with the the CEO, McKenna and O'Leary present.

I understand it's something like 2 hours in duration so suppose many won't stay with it or allow it limited time, but since Mark Ashton was a pivotal figure involvement at the event, it's there nonetheless.      I apologise for the many adverts and non-essential shit that TWTD sees fit to add to their website.    

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/44719/ashton-season-tickets-to-be-capped-at-21000-and-well-hit-that-mark-quickly