IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Correct. 

I was in crackers corner and couldn't see a bloody thing. Shouldn't have started let alone make half time but, as said above, no refunds after 45 minutes.

Was that the game when the east end started cheering so us paupers on the open end thought we were winning?

Leeds were attacking the EE so it was more that we all cheered every time the ball went out of sight towards the Open End pretending we`d scored. I think we did hit the bar though, not that any of us knew!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Leeds were attacking the EE so it was more that we all cheered every time the ball went out of sight towards the Open End pretending we`d scored. I think we did hit the bar though, not that any of us knew!

Was reported in the Sunday papers that we had hit the bar. Was in the enclosure half way line, couldn't see either goal as i remember it.

Didn't we have 31,000 in that day?

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

• Like 1

Terrible result for Ipswich, didn’t realise they had only won once in their last 8.

Plymouth (doing brilliantly) & Sheff Wed are on great runs, Bolton are scoring for fun, Derby very consistent & Wycombe making a late run.

Not beyond the bounds of possibility they will miss out on the playoffs completely, which seeing Ashton’s hoarding of players would be an abysmal effort.

Wonder if the penny is starting to drop In Suffolk that we weren’t jealous, just warning them he’s poison.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Ashton will blame McKenna, sack him and then start another “rigorous process”…..when will club owners see him for what he really is……a fraud?

Sack him, spend 5 weeks pretending to be vigorously working hard, then appoint his assistant who will be under the cosh from day one. #groundhogday

• Like 2

How much longer before the anger is aimed towards you-know-who(?) This was pre 0-0 draw with the Gash as well!

image.thumb.png.bdbfabd2ec3b2df8f082e2b5a2cb2832.png

Overpaid? Useless?  Never heard of such a thing. Palmer, Gilmartin, Henriksen, Rodri, Adelakun, Bakinson, Marinovic, Diony, Leko, Kent, Woodrow, Engvall, De Girolamo, O'Neil, Djuric, Matthews, Giefer, Lucic, Ekstrand.. I could probably go on.

image.thumb.png.892db06ec15367802885235b539d6dcc.png

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 1

image.thumb.png.5fe0e4d1570f9e521e68c51c9ae75852.png

This one is the start of managing expectations down, just like they did last season.  Promotion was the aim last season, although not a “must”.  There is no way the Arizona Pension Fund won’t be demanding it this season.  Yet this post (below) is starting to suggest that just improving on last season is ok.

image.thumb.png.9c769321981fcb7ba7fa03bd3bd0cbca.png

and this one below really had me chuckling.  Egotistical CEO has exactly the manager he wants.  Young, inexperienced, no way he brings in someone with experience who might realise the CEO is a bluffer when it comes to football related stuff.

image.thumb.png.c2e44155470dbe1ca75744a332dead5f.png

someone gets it!

image.thumb.png.2683444163d2c2e5c157a09736cbaf92.png

But the best one, that made me laugh!

image.thumb.png.490c66bc263c86fbc733076542c14342.png

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Won comfortably tonight, but Plymouth keep winning despite their injury problems.

Grandstand finish to the season in League 1, can’t seem to see the Gas in the mix for some reason.

Won the last 4 games a cumulative 12 - 0 and not really got any closer to promotion

Next three away games, Bolton, Barnsley, Derby should hopefully do them in by early April 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1