IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

On 28/04/2023 at 21:36, GrahamC said:

We had the success bit under LJ, Man U win etc, but you’re spot on, as soon as results start to dip then he’ll soon go missing.

“I’d love to come back on the show, Geoff”…

Let’s face it getting out of L1 spending money like water is no achievement at all. Cotts is supposed to have done that but he sold Sam Baldock for £2m & balanced the books, no £1m full backs in his side.

As his recruitment being “amazing”, several of his initial signings there like Pigott & Harper are already out on loan elsewhere.

Bloke’s a *** & will get slaughtered in BS3 when we play them next season.

Well said Graham. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe I'm in a minority here but, Mark Ashton aside, I don't wish any ill on Ipswich.  Nice club with an incredible history given the size of the town its based in. Also, one of the two sides that played a fundraising match for us in '82 when we were in deep do-do.  Their fans coming on here have usually been polite and literate.

By contrast, I can't join in the love-in for Plymouth others are indulging in on another thread. Their fans have generally proved to be utter bells when they visit our forums and our city. 

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 10

18 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

My mate, who is an ITFC season ticket holder, reliably informs me that Ashton was crying post final whistle today.

Whether that was emotion or the realisation of having to work within FFP, who knows….

Only because he was denied permission to parade around the perimeter. giving it the big fist pump.

Sorry Mr Narcissit Ashton, it's not always about you.

But it will be if/when you come to Ashton Hate next season.

18 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Only because he was denied permission to parade around the perimeter. giving it the big fist pump.

Sorry Mr Narcissit Ashton, it's not always about you.

But it will be if/when you come to Ashton Hate next season.

Do you think so? Do you think that, outside of this board, the average fan knows or cares who he is? I am not so sure.

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Do you think so? Do you think that, outside of this board, the average fan knows or cares who he is? I am not so sure.

Unless they've buried their collective heads up his hairy arse, I'd hope they'd have some idea of his legacy.

The sooner we scrub all evidence of his DNA from the club, the better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

It's all good giving it the 'what you saying about Ashton now then Bristol City' biggun. Come back in 3/4 years. 
Mark my words, he's gambling on selling someone for big money or another promotion 

It's the way the bloke operates. Does and says all the right things and then it starts unravelling in time. We were warned loud and clear by Watford fans.....and they weren't wrong. There is always a chance that Swiss has refined his technique and learned from a few mistakes but it certainly isn't something I would put the house on. I wouldn't even put a ******* dolls house on it to be honest.

• Like 1

I know nothing but ...
Mullin joined Wrexham partly to be near his family and Cambridge was too far .
Ipswich is 60 miles further from Wrexham.
He's 28 and just had 2 years in Non League.
He's had 1 good year at L2 level and 2 at National League level. 
Yep £5M sounds a real Mark Ashton move

44 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I know nothing but ...
Mullin joined Wrexham partly to be near his family and Cambridge was too far .
Ipswich is 60 miles further from Wrexham.
He's 28 and just had 2 years in Non League.
He's had 1 good year at L2 level and 2 at National League level. 
Yep £5M sounds a real Mark Ashton move

Both him and Scott for 10m - bargain! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

There’s a lot to slate Ashton for. However, this isn’t one and it’s embarrassing anyone fell for it. The account is, to be frank, horseshit. The Mullin story made no sense (having moved from Cambridge to Wrexham in part to be closer to family - obviously the £ helped also), and a cursory look at the account shows the following bullshit…

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There’s a lot to slate Ashton for. However, this isn’t one and it’s embarrassing anyone fell for it. The account is, to be frank, horseshit. The Mullin story made no sense (having moved from Cambridge to Wrexham in part to be closer to family - obviously the £ helped also), and a cursory look at the account shows the following bullshit…

He's just missing Aaron Collins for £5M to Wrexham for a full house.