IGNORED

Vaccine Passport - Plan B

Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Won’t be attending games, it’s that simple. 

Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face, sorry but your attitude is all wrong, one day I'm sure with the benefit of hindsight you will see how wrong you are, that's assuming you will still be here, if you have had no vaccinations however young and fit you may think you are it's possible you could be one of the unlucky ones, why on earth are you being so stubborn? surely you don't believe the crap you see on the internet.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I think anyone not getting vaccinated is stupid but respect their right of personal decision. Just as long as they stop populating the A and E at Gloucester Gen where they non vaccinated are currently tying up all of the key resources. Anyway, whilst I cannot fly to Australia (in normal times) without a yellow fever vaccine certificate , so I am used to proving certain vaccinations, I cannot see how a vaccine passport relates to going to a football match or a restaurant. A vaccine will protect you, but it does not make you more or less likely to infect others. I could understand (if it were possible) an instant test of the virus, but how does a vaccine passport help stop infections, it just helps you live. If we are worried about mass gatherings, then you need to stop them. A vaccine certificate will not help. I am pro vaccination, it saved my mums life and a number of vulnerable family members, but it should not be used in a way that is more related to coercion that actual virus control. Knowing that everyone is vaccinated if I enter an event or location does not make me feel relaxed. I am more interested in the knowing if there are Covid spreaders there. But as we have not got a rapid instant test system , vaccinated or not, it means nothing when related to being exposed to the virus. 

A vaccine does make you less likely to pass it to others, all the experts are agreed on that, yes you can still pass it on but the figures I have seen from the New scientist would indicate it is 63% less likely if you are fully vaccinated, surely that is worth it. 

Edited by pillred
punctuation
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

Probably didn’t make myself clear. 
I don’t want to engage in the facilitation of this bollox in any way. 
I’m amazed people think it’s ok. 

I would rather none of this happened, and I don’t think it’s okay. The inclusion of lateral flows, well I think that’s quite an important distinction, personally. No one has been outcasted. If you are vehemently anti-vax, test, trace, mandate, whatever, you can fake a negative on an LF with ease. I don’t think presenting a faked negative lateral flow to get into a football match would be a facilitation of vaccine mandates. But I respect your choice. 

• Like 1

Would be interested to see how many outraged at the government removing their freedoms were the same people dismissing kill the bill protestors in Bristol last summer as cry baby vandals. 

Your freedoms are far more under threat with the passing of that permanent bill than they are with probable temporary measures. 

For those talking about a protest, you can’t do that anymore. You’ll have to be very careful. Unless you fancy time.  

Consistency is ? 

• Like 7
  • Flames 5

I'm with @Harry.

I've been double jabbed for ages (after being initially sceptical and having to do a lot of research to find out it's basically a flu vaccine that's customised for COVID - so has been in use for a long time), I wear a mask, clean my hands regularly ect ect - perfect little sheep.

That being said I don't want to have to prove my status for anything just to travel and attend events in our country (I get it if going abroad - there's some quiet nasty stuff out there), to have to prove it to a club that I attend on a regular basis and to what will likely be stewards that we all know form more uninformed opinions than this forum (and quicker as well) - na not doing it.

I will be staying away and watching via NordAirways.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I would rather none of this happened, and I don’t think it’s okay. The inclusion of lateral flows, well I think that’s quite an important distinction, personally. No one has been outcasted. If you are vehemently anti-vax, test, trace, mandate, whatever, you can fake a negative on an LF with ease. I don’t think presenting a faked negative lateral flow to get into a football match would be a facilitation of vaccine mandates. But I respect your choice. 

So for me it's not about if I can get a vaccine passport as I can, it's about having to prove my vaccine status to people I don't want to (basically anyone) to do something.

This is all bit to much control for my liking in a free country and control is hard to let go of for some people and they are the types you don't want to let have control in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, glynriley said:

How long is it valid for?

It’s a calandar month rolling pass, eg if you ask for one today it will expire on the 8th of Jan. You can ask for another tomorrow, (you don’t have to wait until the 8th of Jan) at it will expire on the 9th. Hope this makes sense. That is a domestic pass, there is an option for travel which I haven’t looked at.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Yet… it’s only a matter of time before lateral flow test is removed - mark my words. Also, who do you think is paying for all these tests? Do you think they will be “free” forever ??? Wake up and smell the coffee, everybody’s life is now conditional from whatever dictate our mad government decides one day to the next - how about one “jab” a month or we remove your QR code …

Authoritarian rule for ever … I’m 100% with Harry and am simply amazed so many of you have not worked out the slippery path this puts our society on…

PS - this is very much NOT about your health….

?

Edited by jjcarrera1974
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, jjcarrera1974 said:

Yet… it’s only a matter of time before lateral flow test is removed - mark my words. Also, who do you think is paying for all these tests? Do you think they will be “free” forever ??? Wake up and smell the coffee, everybody’s life is now conditional from whatever dictate our mad government decides one day to the next - how about one “jab” a month or we remove your QR code …

Authoritarian rule for ever … I’m 100% with Harry and am simply amazed so many of you have not worked out the slippery path this puts our society on…

PS - this is very much NOT about your health….

?

Why are you spouting utter nonsense?

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

I am triple jabbed, but am yet to hear a convincing argument of how owning a Covid passport prevents me passing on covid to others. Anyone not jabbed can easily show a negative LFT without taking a test, so what is the point of it all ?

I think it's all just incremental mitigations, none are going to completely prevent anything.

Getting jabs, wearing a mask, taking a test, lockdowns - none are 100%, but in combination they're more effective.

Being jabbed does reduce transmission it looks like, as well as obviously meaning if you did get it you're less likely to be a burden on the healthcare system.

People can always find a way to cheat the system just like they have with fake IDs to get beer when kids or getting paid cash in hand for a job... The bottom line imo is those selfish people are contributing to this situation.

I'm yet to see anyone against the jabs/tests/masks/lockdowns/whatever ever come up with a single thing they suggest instead (not you obviously).

It's easy to just be blindly anti everything while having zero suggestions for a route forwards yourself... Just look at our match day threads!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pillred said:

Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face, sorry but your attitude is all wrong, one day I'm sure with the benefit of hindsight you will see how wrong you are, that's assuming you will still be here, if you have had no vaccinations however young and fit you may think you are it's possible you could be one of the unlucky ones, why on earth are you being so stubborn? surely you don't believe the crap you see on the internet.

I’ve had both vaccinations as at the time I was told that by doing so I would be protecting the vulnerable and we would be able to get back to normal.  That hasn’t happened so I will not be proceeding with the booster and I will not be abiding by vaccine passports.  Not sure why you are claiming I have not had vaccinations but I guess if I don’t have the booster then I’m pushed into the unvaccinated shame bucket with everyone else.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Well here in Alberta Canada, you are basically hamstrung to do anything but food shopping if you haven't been double jabbed, you then get a QR code issued that is then used to be scanned for entry in to any public business. I'm about to lose my job as it's 1500km away from home and I have to fly there, but as I'm not jabbed I can't use the planes. I remember Gulf War syndrome and the effects that "vaccine" had, so sorry not sorry I'm opting out until I feel there's enough evidence that it will benefit me

Sorry to hear your story.  It really is now a mad world we live in and too many people are in acceptance of it.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I think you have just summed up how pointless it is, faking a lateral flow to get in surely defeats the purpose ? 

8 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

I’ve had both vaccinations as at the time I was told that by doing so I would be protecting the vulnerable and we would be able to get back to normal.  That hasn’t happened so I will not be proceeding with the booster and I will not be abiding by vaccine passports.  Not sure why you are claiming I have not had vaccinations but I guess if I don’t have the booster then I’m pushed into the unvaccinated shame bucket with everyone else.  

You have helped the vulnerable, and life has been largely back to normal for a fair while now hasn't it?

Compare the last few months to this time last year. National lockdown I think?

I don't understand this thought process where we pick a path and just never react or deviate from it no matter what happens - probably fuelled by our idiotic government to be fair!

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

It's still sad how many people are just accepting that they will likely be a burden on the NHS this winter. 

996 beds in southmead hospital and there are 50 beds occupied with covid patients right now, 60% of which are unvaccinated.  Hospitals are not overwhelmed with covid despite what is being said.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

996 beds in southmead hospital and there are 50 beds occupied with covid patients right now, 60% of which are unvaccinated.  Hospitals are not overwhelmed with covid despite what is being said.  

No one said they are overwhelmed now. What part of prevent the NHS from becoming overwhelmed do you not understand?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm astounded @Harry thinks his soul will remain pure.

There are prostitutes with a more convincing route to reclaiming their virginity.

Ha ha. Can’t argue with that Rob. But I’ve done a lot of penance (that’s of the repentance kind, not the small town on the Cornish coast) and I’m re-born. 
My soul is as pure as that Colombian stuff we used to see some of our friends bring out of an evening. ?

10 minutes ago, frenchred said:

No one said they are overwhelmed now. What part of prevent the NHS from becoming overwhelmed do you not understand?

And if that was going to happen with this new variant, then there is no evidence that vaccine passports will prevent that.