IGNORED

Vaccine Passport - Plan B

Bristol Rob

45 minutes ago, Harry said:

Can a vaxxed person catch it. Yes. 
Can a vaxxed person pass it on. Yes

This of course is completely true, and would apply to any vaccine that currently exists.

However, what I’m sure you’re aware of but for some reason fail to acknowledge is that the risk of both are significantly reduced.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Do you mind me asking where your registered with your GP? 

In Wales it only seems to give a 48 hour covid pass. Could be why?

Hi, how do you get a hard copy? I've tried to find one online but can only find a digital QR code. Thanks in advance. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

3 minutes ago, Super said:

More at risk by not getting it. Why are people spouting this rubbish? Too many David Icke books...

How many have died from this new variant? people are so uninformed and just rely on what comfirmed liars tell them.

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ll wear a mask to protect others and not make others feel uncomfortable, but I’m completely done with this mess.

Any news updates on the radio or TV, I switch over. I’ll be happy just living in my own bubble…

I made a conscious decision to consume less news around June last year. Obviously I pay attention to any big developments, and stories like yesterday which are impossible to ignore, but I don't think it's healthy consuming news every day.

Last year lots of people were a bit fixated on the daily cases/death numbers which I found rather morbid. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Mate. Is the penny just dropping? 

You literally started the thread bemoaning protests at the far more intrusive and consequential policing bill. Where was the care for freedoms then? Did you not take that as a sign? 

Covid was all big and scary then, wasn't it? 'Protests in a pandemic ?' et all. 

You can't be a bootlicker one day and a braveheart the next. If you are willing to admit you were misplaced with the benefit of hindsight, fair enough.  Otherwise I do not understand how you can possibly not apply most of what you have said in this thread to that bill. 

Unrelated. But I’ll answer. 
I told you in that thread last year that I disagreed with many elements of the policing bill, but I disagreed with people attacking the police and causing mass damage to property. I’ll still stand by the fact that anyone who took part in that ‘riot’ last summer is a buffoon. 

To your wider point - I said earlier in this thread that I was very much on the side of the restrictions last year, so yes, I did think that protests during a pandemic were foolish. But as I said earlier, after a lot of thought, attention, reading, evidence, logic and reason, specifically with what I could see as the mission creep of jabbing healthy children, I did indeed change my mind. So yes, the penny did drop. But not in the way you think. 

12 minutes ago, big p said:

This is the  main reason I didn't renew my season ticket, lots of us so called "Conspiracy theorists" saw this coming and we're laughed at. 

This is the worst thing the government have done. There are plenty of Covid sceptics out there, and Johnson has given them the perfect excuse to do their own thing. And i cant blame them tbh.

14 minutes ago, Riaz said:

More than a week and its worldwide. Pretty sure its confirmed as being mild.

Rather get that than get the vaccine and get a blood clot or heart issues.

So we’ve had about 150 million vaccinations given in the UK with around 75 deaths attributed to the vaccine, as opposed to around 150,000 to Covid.  

I know which odds I’d prefer, but it’s everyone’s right to choose for themselves.  I just can’t see the anti-vax logic though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

No one said they are overwhelmed now. What part of prevent the NHS from becoming overwhelmed do you not understand?

Ask the staff if there are overwhelmed then.  Half of them are going off sick with stress, the government are sacking the other half.

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

You’ve made a load of really valid points in this thread but there’s one I can’t agree with.

You say the vaccine passport in stadiums won’t make you any safer than outside, and is pointless.  All I’ll say is, can’t you see the difference between momentarily passing someone in a shop who’s infected, or squashed up next to them for 90 minutes in a stadium, and more than likely talking to them a foot apart, not 2 metres.

You seem really passionate in your views but imho, If no measures are taken now, we could find ourselves right in the shit again.  This virus has proved that by the time the numbers start rocketing, you’ve ‘missed the boat’ and it takes really drastic measures to try and get control again.

The only way you can prevent yourself from catching it is by staying at home, going to games with your vaccine passport isn't going to protect you.  If there was some spacing involved, e.g. you have to sit 3 seats away from each other whether it is each side of you, in front of you or behind you,... then likely you would be safe.

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

The new strain is mild. Hasnt killed one person.

Well that's alright then isn't it! What about trying to protect those who cannot protect themselves, don't we all have a duty of care to eachother

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Well that's alright then isn't it! What about trying to protect those who cannot protect themselves, don't we all have a duty of care to eachother

Quick question, how many years are you prepared to tolerate restrictions on our lives?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

The only way you can prevent yourself from catching it is by staying at home, going to games with your vaccine passport isn't going to protect you.  If there was some spacing involved, e.g. you have to sit 3 seats away from each other whether it is each side of you, in front of you or behind you,... then likely you would be safe.

Agree the seat spacing option would work, but some ST holders would be prevented from going to games, so is that any more fair?

Nothing will protect you completely, but vaccine passports would certainly be a way of reducing the odds of infection, even though it certainly wouldn’t eliminate the risk.

Personally, I think the covid pass seems a better option than seat spacing, as I can’t think of a bigger atmosphere killer than that.

Just now, Son of Fred said:

90% of ITU beds re; covid+ patients are occupied by unvaccinated people..

Therefore requiring the vast majority of this resource.

This is rubbish and let me guess you saw this on GMB or the Lorraine show. The true number is around 36%, Ofcom has received over 2000 complaints since this lie. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lenred said:

It’s downloading an app and flashing it at a steward if asked. No doubt it’s going to be a pain getting into City as it has been already at many places I’ve had to show it but hey ho, it’s where we are atm. But I really dont get what the issue is and I’m certainly not going to deny myself my joys in life - sport, gigs, galleries, museums etc - for the sake of having to show it. 

Protest of any kind doesn’t do anything in this country - we will all have our only chance to protest at the ballot box in two or so years time and I’d imagine plenty on here currently bemoaning Boris and his covid decisions will sadly still be voting for him / his replacement come what may.   

It’s this kind of “but it’s only” mentality that the government rely upon. 
It’s only a pass. 
It’s only 3 weeks. 
It’s only til summer. 
It’s only to save Christmas. 
It’s only Plan B. 
It’s only another winter. 
It’s only a hand sanitizer before you come in. 
It’s only a ‘stand here’ marking on the floor. 
It’s only a Perspex screen. 
It’s only a mask. 
It’s only a play park. 
It’s only a zoom lesson. 
It’s only a business. 
It’s only a gym. 
It’s only a nightclub. 
It’s only working from home. 
It’s only a jab. It’s only 2. It’s only a booster. It’s only a 4th, 5th etc. 
It’s only 15 million jabs til freedom. 
It’s only 120 million jabs. 
It’s only 1 jab for children. 
It’s only your mental health. 
It’s only cancer. 
It’s only one abused and murdered child. 
It’s only a heart attack. 
It’s only a stroke. 
It’s only it’s only it’s only. 
It’s only a pass. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Just on the ICU point, it's under 1k nationally atm. Around 900 last time I checked.

I read that we have 7.3 per 100,000 of population. 4,907.

Although I've read in the same piece that Germany has 33.3 per 100,000. 28,135 yet with about 4.5-5k in ICUs they're more restricted than here. Current measures seem unnecessary on our part and probably their part too.

The ratio isn't all that bad here although we could probably do with more ICUs etc. Lateral flows are okay, masks are okay but ICU numbers and other metrics etc have remained relatively stable for some time now.

42 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Do you mind me asking where your registered with your GP? 

In Wales it only seems to give a 48 hour covid pass. Could be why?

Hi, how do you get a hard copy? I've tried to find one online but can only find a digital QR code. Thanks in advance. 

Ye mate registered with GP . Had all 3 jabs . Bit confusing just have to keep updating it when I need it

Just now, Harry said:

It’s this kind of “but it’s only” mentality that the government rely upon. 
It’s only a pass. 
It’s only 3 weeks. 
It’s only til summer. 
It’s only to save Christmas. 
It’s only Plan B. 
It’s only another winter. 
It’s only a hand sanitizer before you come in. 
It’s only a ‘stand here’ marking on the floor. 
It’s only a Perspex screen. 
It’s only a mask. 
It’s only a play park. 
It’s only a zoom lesson. 
It’s only a business. 
It’s only a gym. 
It’s only a nightclub. 
It’s only working from home. 
It’s only a jab. It’s only 2. It’s only a booster. It’s only a 4th, 5th etc. 
It’s only 15 million jabs til freedom. 
It’s only 120 million jabs. 
It’s only 1 jab for children. 
It’s only your mental health. 
It’s only cancer. 
It’s only one abused and murdered child. 
It’s only a heart attack. 
It’s only a stroke. 
It’s only it’s only it’s only. 
It’s only a pass. 

Wash Your hands, stop the spread
3 Weeks to beat the virus
Protect the NHS
Clap for NHS/Carers
Stay Alert, Control the Virus, Save Lives
Wear a Mask
Eat Out to Help Out
Build Back Better
Vaccines save lives

I don't believe a word they say

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

Lockdowns didnt work

Masks didnt work

Vaccine didnt work

Boosters arent working

If you are under 60 without any ailments, get on with your life.

If you are over 60 OR have an underlying health condition, take precautions - get family to do your shopping etc.

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Wash Your hands, stop the spread
3 Weeks to beat the virus
Protect the NHS
Clap for NHS/Carers
Stay Alert, Control the Virus, Save Lives
Wear a Mask
Eat Out to Help Out
Build Back Better
Vaccines save lives

I don't believe a word they say

See? Another sceptic with the perfect excuse now to dismiss everything as a lie. That is the real damage that Johnson has done.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Riaz said:

Lockdowns didnt work

Lockdowns were for one reason, and one reason only:

They were to stop the collapse of the health system, by flattening the curve of infection.

The NHS did not collapse, so they did work. If you are referring to the collateral damage lockdowns created, then thats another debate.

I know Johnson has given you the green light to validate your world of crazy, but lets not start making shit up

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

90% of ITU beds re; covid+ patients are occupied by unvaccinated people..

Therefore requiring the vast majority of this resource.

Proven to be false. 
The governments own publication show the latest stats for weeks 44-47 show 65% vaxxed, 35% unvaxxed. 

No one, certainly not me, is denying that vaccines do work, for a specific section of the population. For everyone else, it’s negligible. And the sole focus, concentration, money and resource that’s been put into it at the behest of everything else is what is currently to blame for the nhs being busy. 

The government don’t give a single flying **** about your health. 

Edited by Harry

8 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Even if what @Son of Fred is saying is true, someone else posted that there are only 48 ICU beds in Southmead.  90% of them are full?  There are over 280,000 people in South Gloucestershire...  

Actually its not true.

Total number of patients in hospital: 8338

Vaccinated in hospital: 5506 - 66%
Unvaccinated in hospital: 2832 - 33%