IGNORED

Vaccine Passport - Plan B

Bristol Rob

11 hours ago, Harry said:

I’m amazed people think it’s ok. 

Unvaccinated people are likely to shed higher quantities of virons. I'm happy not to be sharing breathing space with them at AG. 

There are lots of older supporters and ones with underlying health conditions. They will be relieved to know that the crowd they encounter are not unvaccinated, or have at least proved in other ways that they are less likely to be carrying the virus into AG. Going to AG is a risk for many of us. We're happy that such a risk is reduced, even if it is only fractionally. 

This legislation doesn't force you to get vaccinated.  You can get a pass if you've had a negative PCR test before the game, or if you've tested positive any time in the last 6 months and done the required 10 days isolation. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55718553

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LoyalRed said:

Actually its not true.

Total number of patients in hospital: 8338

Vaccinated in hospital: 5506 - 66%
Unvaccinated in hospital: 2832 - 33%

Got a link? to show this?

I believe you, but the naive, will demand proof

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Lockdowns were for one reason, and one reason only:

They were to stop the collapse of the health system, by flattening the curve of infection.

The NHS did not collapse, so they did work. If you are referring to the collateral damage lockdowns created, then thats another debate.

I know Johnson has given you the green light to validate your world of crazy, but lets not start making shit up

The fact we are here 18 months later - proves none of its working.

I love how you only picked out one point... so you accept the rest isnt working then???

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I love how you only picked out one point... so you accept the rest isnt working then???

Your other glib comments were "vaccines didnt work", "masks didnt work" and some other nonsense which i chose to ignore because they are ridiculous.

• Like 1

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Your other glib comments were "vaccines didnt work", "masks didnt work" and some other nonsense which i chose to ignore because they are ridiculous.

The fact we are facing restrictions now, should be enough to tell you, it aint working. If vaccines worked, there would be no need for any restrictions. 90% of adults have been double jabbed ffs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parkwaymom said:

If your pass is validated by being double jabbed it should give a month. If it’s by inputting the code off a lateral flow test as negative it only gives 2 days. 
My understanding from my Welsh friends is that what makes it all completely pointless is that you don’t need a negative test, you need an unused test code which you report to be negative. Whether you do the test is between you and your conscience. So the only factual knowledge the steward gets is your date of birth. That could be awkward for some if combined with ticket categories. 

Farcical ….

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s this kind of “but it’s only” mentality that the government rely upon. 
It’s only a pass. 
It’s only 3 weeks. 
It’s only til summer. 
It’s only to save Christmas. 
It’s only Plan B. 
It’s only another winter. 
It’s only a hand sanitizer before you come in. 
It’s only a ‘stand here’ marking on the floor. 
It’s only a Perspex screen. 
It’s only a mask. 
It’s only a play park. 
It’s only a zoom lesson. 
It’s only a business. 
It’s only a gym. 
It’s only a nightclub. 
It’s only working from home. 
It’s only a jab. It’s only 2. It’s only a booster. It’s only a 4th, 5th etc. 
It’s only 15 million jabs til freedom. 
It’s only 120 million jabs. 
It’s only 1 jab for children. 
It’s only your mental health. 
It’s only cancer. 
It’s only one abused and murdered child. 
It’s only a heart attack. 
It’s only a stroke. 
It’s only it’s only it’s only. 
It’s only a pass. 

My life and those of my loved ones and friends have (and are currently) been / being severely scarred by some of those extremely difficult health items you raised as I’m sure many are on here. To use them as some kind of argument against the use of an app which contains known data is quite frankly pathetic. 

Edited by lenred

2 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Page 17 is a little more scary,

Total Deaths in 28 days - 2772
Vaccinated: 2285 - 82%
Unvaccinated: 487

You then have to look at how many of the vaccinated people had underlying conditions not to mention that vaccines will not be effective on everyone anyway. Also, what percentage of vaccinated people survived or avoided further serious complications compared to unvaccinated. I know it won't be this exaggerated but theoretically the 487 deaths could be 95% of unvaccinated people who caught covid and the 2,285 deaths could be 1% of vaccinated people who caught covid. That is the problem with publishing statistics without perspective (not having a pop at you btw).

19 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Lockdowns were for one reason, and one reason only:

They were to stop the collapse of the health system, by flattening the curve of infection.

The NHS did not collapse, so they did work. If you are referring to the collateral damage lockdowns created, then thats another debate.

I know Johnson has given you the green light to validate your world of crazy, but lets not start making shit up

Very strange person you are.

It was so terrifying that they had a funking party. For Christ sake they are destroying lives with these restrictions and the virus will still spread. 

Edited by big p

8 minutes ago, Riaz said:

The fact we are facing restrictions now, should be enough to tell you, it aint working. If vaccines worked, there would be no need for any restrictions. 90% of adults have been double jabbed ffs!

Well, there are still a lot of unknown questions about Omicron. If vaccine efficacy drops then we would be in the shit......but that is an if.

Also we are not into Lockdown. Its wear a bit of cloth on your face and show off you are jabbed. You are a bit hysterical tbh

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You then have to look at how many of the vaccinated people had underlying conditions not to mention that vaccines will not be effective on everyone anyway. Also, what percentage of vaccinated people survived or avoided further serious complications compared to unvaccinated. I know it won't be this exaggerated but theoretically the 487 deaths could be 95% of unvaccinated people who caught covid and the 2,285 deaths could be 1% of vaccinated people who caught covid. That is the problem with publishing statistics without perspective (not having a pop at you btw).

Yes agree, just found it a high % (mainly in older people though as has always been the case).   Sadly, even with a vaccine passport in place, that number won't change.  

Edited by LoyalRed

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Unvaccinated people are likely to shed higher quantities of virons. I'm happy not to be sharing breathing space with them at AG. 

There are lots of older supporters and ones with underlying health conditions. They will be relieved to know that the crowd they encounter are not unvaccinated, or have at least proved in other ways that they are less likely to be carrying the virus into AG. Going to AG is a risk for many of us. We're happy that such a risk is reduced, even if it is only fractionally. 

This legislation doesn't force you to get vaccinated.  You can get a pass if you've had a negative PCR test before the game, or if you've tested positive any time in the last 6 months and done the required 10 days isolation. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55718553

Your opening sentience is not true. 
Most studies I’ve come across suggest a similar level of viral load but that a vaccinated person might see their levels fall slightly quicker. 
Please don’t spread misinformation now Robbo ?

End of the day, let’s face the reality that everyone will get this in the end. If you are in a vulnerable group due to certain conditions then all you can do to protect yourself is to have the vaccine, which gives you a better chance of not dying with it. 
If you are in a vulnerable group through your own choice (ie obese), then you can take the vaccine or you can improve your own personal health, in order to give you a better chance of surviving (even though the chance of survival is already very high anyway). 
Nothing that anyone else does (short of coughing and phlegming directly over you), will stop you getting it. 

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Well, there are still a lot of unknown questions about Omicron. If vaccine efficacy drops then we would be in the shit......but that is an if.

Also we are not into Lockdown. Its wear a bit of cloth on your face and show off you are jabbed. You are a bit hysterical tbh

There we have it,the mighty "if". We should never have any restrictions on an "if", Never!

It seems to be programmed in people's brain that they need protecting from an "if"

In the mean time lives will be destroyed on an "if"

Edited by big p

10 minutes ago, lenred said:

My life and those of my loved ones and friends have (and are currently) been / being severely scarred by some of those extremely difficult health items you raised as I’m sure many are on here. To use them as some kind of argument against the use of an app which contains known data is quite frankly pathetic. 

I’m sorry for your situation. 
I also have family and friends who’ve also suffered the same including death and suicide. So I am not using it as an argument against an app. I’m using it as an argument against the bundle of nonsense that led to you having to use an app. 

21 minutes ago, Riaz said:

The fact that we are here proves it is working.

No single measure or group of measures is 100% effective.

Do you seriously think that the situation re deaths, serious illness, hospital bed occupancy etc. would be the same had we not taken any measures at all?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big p said:

There we have it,the mighty "if". We should never have any restrictions on an "if", Never!

It seems to be programmed in people's brain that they need protecting from an "if"

In the mean time lives will be destroyed on an "if"

Do you understand the word prudence?

Wear a mask now, be a bit careful now in case omicron is worse, or just glibly carry on with fingers crossed ?

I get you are frustrated, as am i, and the events of the last 24 hours has absolutely disgusted everybody but dont lose your mind.

Just now, Harry said:

I’m sorry for your situation. 
I also have family and friends who’ve also suffered the same including death and suicide. So I am not using it as an argument against an app. I’m using it as an argument against the bundle of nonsense that led to you having to use an app. 

It’s not relevant.  It’s massively hyperbolic nonsense imho to try and justify your position on the use of an app. It’s an app. That holds simple information that’s already freely available.  Are you sure it’s that that you are actually arguing against? 

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

It's certainly odd.

If you have a 'flu jab then you will rapidly fight off a 'flu infection if it is one of the four strains forming the vaccine this year (plus residual protection from previous years' vaccines).

You do still catch 'flu, and can infect others, but it is extremely mild and barely noticeable if it is one of the strains vaccinated.

Yet with Covid vaccines people are still becoming very ill and in some cases dying and there is no specific strain protection ascribed to any of them despite there being just five strains in nearly two years: alpha, beta, gamma, delta and then bizarrely omicron rather than epsilon.

It strikes me as being very much a "hit and hope" strategy with some serious current side effects, albeit in small numbers, with unknown longer term effects.

The exhortation to take them has also switched from the usual personalised medical encouragement of "take the 'flu jab to protect yourself" to a big state message of "take a Covid vaccine to protect the NHS" with side effects like the one reported in the Herald yesterday regarded as acceptable collateral damage.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/popular-devon-dad-footballer-died-6320625

Well if you were him or his family you would think otherwise.

The old medical rule of "first do no harm" has been shed like a used disposable face mask and should now be rewritten to "do whatever harm it takes as long as it avoids putting strain upon the NHS".

It's a subtle shift and people have failed to notice it by continued use of "we" and "us" when what is meant is "the NHS".

I'll stick to boosting my immune system with Vitamin D. It may not be as effective as a vaccine but it sure as hell doesn't come with death as an apparently acceptable side effect.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Do you understand the word prudence?

Wear a mask now, be a bit careful now in case omicron is worse, or just glibly carry on with fingers crossed ?

I get you are frustrated, as am i, and the events of the last 24 hours has absolutely disgusted everybody but dont lose your mind.

People saw this a 18 months ago, you constantly belittled them. 

And a mask won't stop a risk of catching it, it's just to show that the government are doing something, same as covid passports.

Edited by big p
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Your opening sentience is not true. 
Most studies I’ve come across suggest a similar level of viral load but that a vaccinated person might see their levels fall slightly quicker. 
Please don’t spread misinformation now Robbo ?

End of the day, let’s face the reality that everyone will get this in the end. If you are in a vulnerable group due to certain conditions then all you can do to protect yourself is to have the vaccine, which gives you a better chance of not dying with it. 
If you are in a vulnerable group through your own choice (ie obese), then you can take the vaccine or you can improve your own personal health, in order to give you a better chance of surviving (even though the chance of survival is already very high anyway). 
Nothing that anyone else does (short of coughing and phlegming directly over you), will stop you getting it. 

No misinformation in my post. I suggest you read this and follow the links:

https://theconversation.com/no-vaccinated-people-are-not-just-as-infectious-as-unvaccinated-people-if-they-get-covid-171302

There is a reason they've imposed these passes They aren't just for fun and no one is making money out of them. (They've already done that! Whether the system is used or not is irrelevant to the developers).  The scientific consensus is that restricting unvaccinated and/or untested people from large events will slow the spread. I'm happy to accept expert opinion, rather than that of non-experts. 

• Like 6

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

No misinformation in my post. I suggest you read this and follow the links:

https://theconversation.com/no-vaccinated-people-are-not-just-as-infectious-as-unvaccinated-people-if-they-get-covid-171302

There is a reason they've imposed these passes They aren't just for fun and no one is making money out of them. (They've already done that! Whether the system is used or not is irrelevant to the developers).  The scientific consensus is that restricting unvaccinated and/or untested people from large events will slow the spread. I'm happy to accept expert opinion, rather than that of non-experts. 

How's it working in France captain quote? 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Page 17 is a little more scary,

Total Deaths in 28 days - 2772
Vaccinated: 2285 - 82%
Unvaccinated: 487

Why do you find that scary?

The majority of the population is vaccinated, and most that aren’t are in the younger age group and therefore less likely to suffer severe illness.

If 100% of the population was vaccinated, then 100% of deaths would be vaccinated individuals. That doesn’t mean the vaccine isn’t working.

what should scare you is what that figure would be without the vaccine.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, big p said:

People saw this a 18 months ago, you constantly belittled them. 

People saw what? A mutation to covid with 32 mutations on the spike protein, with an unknown effect on the efficacy (of an as yet introduced) vaccine, and how it changes its R0 or symptom severity?

Not sure i remember that 18 months ago, but feel free to educate me. Whoever predicted that should win something.