IGNORED

FBC Podcast - Reading [H] reviewed

headhunter

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/reading-h-reviewed/  [also on Spotify, Apple & Google]

After the furore of Ian's "Pearson must go" rant on Saturday he's back alongside the more measured thoughts and opinions of DaveFevs, Neil Sutton & Mark Tovey with DaveP [Headhunter] in the chair.

Best quote: DaveFevs, "at the start of the season where did you expect us to finish Ian?"    Ian, "about 16th" !!!! Nothing like moaning for the sake of it!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, headhunter said:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/reading-h-reviewed/  [also on Spotify, Apple & Google]

After the furore of Ian's "Pearson must go" rant on Saturday he's back alongside the more measured thoughts and opinions of DaveFevs, Neil Sutton & Mark Tovey with DaveP [Headhunter] in the chair.

Best quote: DaveFevs, "at the start of the season where did you expect us to finish Ian?"    Ian, "about 16th" !!!! Nothing like moaning for the sake of it!!

Really good pod guys  many thanks ?

• Like 1

listened for the first time in ages as thought it would be interested with Fevs on there and following the many feedback comments from the Blackpool episode.  Thought it was decent. Ian not as annoying as normal, assuming someone has had a word!  Neil, Mark and Fevs were good.  I do think it’s too many voices.  3 people including the host is optimum and then rotate the squad. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

listened for the first time in ages as thought it would be interested with Fevs on there and following the many feedback comments from the Blackpool episode.  Thought it was decent. Ian not as annoying as normal, assuming someone has had a word!  Neil, Mark and Fevs were good.  I do think it’s too many voices.  3 people including the host is optimum and then rotate the squad. 

Thanks for the positive comment. You are right about numbers but doing it on Zoom rather than live on the Podbean platform meant we could see each other. I'm guessing the sound quality was better too?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Dave - because we weren’t live, we used zoom, so we could all see each other and could raise our hands when we wanted to interject.  I think that helps.  Dave P is gonna look at whether using Streamyard rather than Podbean might be better, that had live video….although very much a case of faces for Radio!!!

• Like 2

A very good listen again and yes sound was excellent. Like the idea of hands up to speak that way not too much talking over one another.

Just a thought on why DaSilva is / was kept on the right. Sometimes it can be an advantage to play on the'wrong' side as it enables the player to cut inside on his stronger foot ( which we saw a couple of times with DaSilva for his shot in the first half and a couple of decent crosses when he wrong footed a defender expecting him to go outside).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Same here.

So Ian thought we would finish lower mid table around 16th before the season started.

We are in 16th.

But he says NP should go and stands by it :blink:

Anyway, it was a much better listen with DaveP having a bit of control and giving each person more or less equal air time.  Sound quality sorted out as well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Same here.

So Ian thought we would finish lower mid table around 16th before the season started.

We are in 16th.

But he says NP should go and stands by it :blink:

Anyway, it was a much better listen with DaveP having a bit of control and giving each person more or less equal air time.  Sound quality sorted out as well. 

I wonder if Podbean live is part of the issue?

• Like 1

I thought @NcnsBcfc was an excellent contributor, especially as he must have still been reeling from the revelation that his son thought that he looked older than me ?.

I agreed with a lot Mark said (apart from the bringing loans in bit) & DaveFevs was very good, as usual.

Ian not so much, he reminds me of an old boss who told me once that if you quote statistics confidently enough in a meeting then you never have to bother checking whether they’re actually true. I’m also suspicious when someone suddenly starts saying they would have a certain manager who is doing well at the moment, it just strikes me as having no fixed position on anything.

His comment about bringing Taylor Moore back too was laughable & the Josh Owers obsession was a bit odd as well, the lad has never been on the bench yet but apparently he should start on Sunday?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I thought @NcnsBcfc was an excellent contributor, especially as he must have still been reeling from the revelation that his son thought that he looked older than me ?.

I agreed with a lot Mark said (apart from the bringing loans in bit) & DaveFevs was very good, as usual.

Ian not so much, he reminds me of an old boss who told me once that if you quote statistics confidently enough in a meeting then you never have to bother checking whether they’re actually true. I’m also suspicious when someone suddenly starts saying they would have a certain manager who is doing well at the moment, it just strikes me as having no fixed position on anything.

His comment about bringing Taylor Moore back too was laughable & the Josh Owers obsession was a bit odd as well, the lad has never been on the bench yet but apparently he should start on Sunday?

Did anyone see Taylor Moore play (use the term loosely) the other night?

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Isn't that the best thing about Ian - he is funny if you look at it from a certain perspective. It's like a deep irony.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

@GrahamC To say i was gutted by Thomas's comment in the stands last night would be an understatement.

However everyone on the podcast thinks i'm a young'un, and wasn't around with City in the 80's, possibly even the 90s. 

Fools the lot of them...?

As for the statistics part. There's a guy at my place that quote's case law on all his reports; as he thinks:-

A) it makes him seem more knowledgeable &

B) Nobody has the time or willingness to double check whether he is right or not; and thus he gets a free pass to get away with claiming to be right all the time.

I personally know that half the case law he quotes is wrong. But like others, life is too short to try to go around correcting people all the time.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

@GrahamC To say i was gutted by Thomas's comment in the stands last night would be an understatement.

However everyone on the podcast thinks i'm a young'un, and wasn't around with City in the 80's, possibly even the 90s. 

We know he didn’t really say what I said he did..

Age is just relative, anyway.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

As for the statistics part. There's a guy at my place that quote's case law on all his reports; as he thinks:-

A) it makes him seem more knowledgeable &

B) Nobody has the time or willingness to double check whether he is right or not; and thus he gets a free pass to get away with claiming to be right all the time.

I personally know that half the case law he quotes is wrong. But like others, life is too short to try to go around correcting people all the time.

Hopefully he's a paralegal rather than a solicitor. Or better still, neither.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Isn't that the best thing about Ian - he is funny if you look at it from a certain perspective. It's like a deep irony.

The irony of his answer to my question - if we’d not been on a zoom call, I may have been much more animated.

You do need an “Ian” on the pod, but they can’t be allowed to dominate.

I enjoyed today’s episode.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, headhunter said:

Thanks for the positive comment. You are right about numbers but doing it on Zoom rather than live on the Podbean platform meant we could see each other. I'm guessing the sound quality was better too?

Really enjoyed the his episode.

Sound quality much better, Dave had better control of his questions and have gave better directions to the guests.

Ian wasn’t as rude ? 

To be fair I don’t mind Ian at all, some of his options seem way off, some are actually on point. Probably like most of us.

The challenge is when he’s in a mood or something and just rude to other people.

Anyhoo, good pod?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Just to confirm Ian’s comment about this being the kids forum (in jest!), anyone else hear the massive trump at 45:30?

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Crikey, just replayed that and its at 45:47. It wasn't me 'guv, honest.

Does that mean it was 17 seconds long?

• Haha 1

I just listened on my morning walk. As others have said - a much better listen due to the change in format, however I missed being able to listen and interact live post game. Are you going to use zoom again? I think there is an 'attendee only' mode that can be set so the usual (and not so usual) suspects could listen live. I guess there's less of an impetus to want to listen live to day after.

I don't miss podbean at all as it 'runs' like a bugger on my phone.

Cheers.

• Like 1