IGNORED

Arnold Clark Cup

Port Said Red

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm struggling to understand their mentality. 

Why would they want to show off their club at their local rivals stadium that is a million times better than their own? 

Bucket list for them ain’t it? 

One to tell their grandkids about. 
* when I say grandkids, I mean their own children they’ve had with their own daughter! 

Edited by Harry
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That's fine, but it works both ways. In my experience the comparisons seem to be more than welcome when they're favourable to the women, but when they're not it's "shut up and stop comparing them"

What are you worried about? Women's football isn't competing with men's football. Women aren't competing with men in the world. If you feel like there should be a constant conflict then I feel sorry for you and any women in your life ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

What are you worried about? Women's football isn't competing with men's football. Women aren't competing with men in the world. If you feel like there should be a constant conflict then I feel sorry for you and any women in your life ?

Who's worried about anything? Why are you reacting to something that I haven't said?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm struggling to understand their mentality. 

Why would they want to show off their club at their local rivals stadium that is a million times better than their own? 

Why should they not come to Ashton Gate to see an international football match? And have a bit of fun by waving a tea towel as a flag!

As a young City fan, before age 25, I had been to so many other stadia to see other teams and above all, the star international players. And in the twilight of my life, I still enjoy seeing the world's star footballers, cricketers and rugby players. And I would have been at the match last evening if it had been possible but alternative event already booked before I heard about the game.

I'm off to Cardiff this Saturday to see Wales v England, perhaps not the top sides they were a while ago but there will still be one or two moments of real class to enjoy. Yes, I will miss seeing Hull walloped but I can't be in two places at the same time.

And I'll be there on Tuesday to see a class team dumped out of the FA Cup by the Red City minnows.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pillred said:

I thought the pitch looked a bit tired and marked and with us playing on it Sat and Tuesday plus the bears games coming up I reckon it might be coming to the end of it's life and may need completely replacing for next season mind its still miles better than some of the pitches we have had at the gate going back a few years.

What does a “complete replacement” mean for a desso pitch? Does the plastic stay and the grass get replaced? Or does it all have to go? Anyone know?

10 hours ago, pillred said:

I thought the pitch looked a bit tired and marked and with us playing on it Sat and Tuesday plus the bears games coming up I reckon it might be coming to the end of it's life and may need completely replacing for next season mind its still miles better than some of the pitches we have had at the gate going back a few years.

I made the comment when I went to the Swansea FA Cup game….sat in A8 next to the pitch, you could see it’s not quite as pristine as you do from up in the stands.

Bit like Augusta where they paint out some divots with green paint!

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

That's fine, but it works both ways. In my experience the comparisons seem to be more than welcome when they're favourable to the women, but when they're not it's "shut up and stop comparing them"

From what I read this cup is Le Tournoi for the girls. A four-team friendly invitational World Cup warm-up tournament. 

Well done to the girls for winning what's in front of them, and the accounts will appreciate a full crowd at AG. But let's not pretend this is a notable tournament win.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What does a “complete replacement” mean for a desso pitch? Does the plastic stay and the grass get replaced? Or does it all have to go? Anyone know?

From what I understand the Desso GrassMaster system is a series of synthetic plugs which are equally spread out and distributed (injected) using machines into the existing grass pitch. Quite like adding hair plugs to balding people. 

So a full replacement would mean ripping the whole thing up, presumably the artificial plugs are reusable (at least I'd hope so).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

From what I understand the Desso GrassMaster system is a series of synthetic plugs which are equally spread out and distributed (injected) using machines into the existing grass pitch. Quite like adding hair plugs to balding people. 

So a full replacement would mean ripping the whole thing up, presumably the artificial plugs are reusable (at least I'd hope so).

Brilliant answer!

Bumped into four of the Korean team in Broadmead day after the game. All very smart in their team coats. I did say. Hello well played last nite. They did not seem sure what to make of it . Spoke in their own tongue to each other. Smiled and waved and busied them self's off down the road.  

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Bumped into four of the Korean team in Broadmead day after the game. All very smart in their team coats. I did say. Hello well played last nite. They did not seem sure what to make of it . Spoke in their own tongue to each other. Smiled and waved and busied them self's off down the road.  

Maybe they were a bit reticent because of all the losers announcing to them that they weren't as good as the Korean men's team ;)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1