IGNORED

Arnold Clark Cup

Port Said Red

• Admin
2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

This might be a stupid question but do we still get discounted prices at bars etc with our season ticket ?

I'm sure when the U21s played at Ashton Gate some outlets did give discount others didn't

Essentially it's not a City game, we've let the ground out to England for the night 

No harm in asking but wouldn't be surprised if you can't 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin

I'm usually the one who can find the answer to this 

GWR state the line South of Temple Meads will close at 10pm tonight for engineering works 

Does anyone know if this time is still correct? 

I remember in the past it being postponed for an hour or so on a busy evening 

Can't believe they'll be putting on replacement bus services tonight 

Makes me laugh. I'm sorry but I don't give a rats about women's football (I know, not very inclusive of me, but i just can't fake interest in something that I don't care about). As it's being played at the Gate I thought I'd look at the BBC site to see what they had to say (sellout etc.) 

Now, normally you can't move for the women's game on the Beeb site.............but, apparently not today ! Hardly a scintilla about the match, and even less where it is being played !

Unbelievable, Geoff .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Makes me laugh. I'm sorry but I don't give a rats about women's football (I know, not very inclusive of me, but i just can't fake interest in something that I don't care about). As it's being played at the Gate I thought I'd look at the BBC site to see what they had to say (sellout etc.) 

Now, normally you can't move for the women's game on the Beeb site.............but, apparently not today ! Hardly a scintilla about the match, and even less where it is being played !

Unbelievable, Geoff .

I went to the BBC looking also, there is a bit in the link below, was not easy to find... Bet it would have featured much more prominent on the main pages if the game was on BBC tonight though ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64718351

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Unbelievable, Geoff .

I am the same regarding Women's football as you. Can't fake an interest, infact it gets the opposite reaction from me. Good luck to them and I hope anyone going enjoys a decent game, but not for me.

People can't understand how I could go all the way to Newcastle (Sunderland) on the weekend and not going tonight and no intention of watching it on tv either. Although I might put in on for a few minutes to see how AG looks. ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

People can't understand how I could go all the way to Newcastle (Sunderland) on the weekend and not going tonight and no intention of watching it on tv either. Although I might put in on for a few minutes to see how AG looks. ?

I was up in Newcastle/Sunderland last weekend & I'm on my way to AG right now.

It's the first of three televised games from the Gate on ITV channels in the next seven days, so will hopefully see how tonight's game looks as well as the Man City game (which I am also going to)

Tonight is the Lionesses' first game in Bristol since 2015, in a Euro 2017 qualifier. I remember sitting in the South Stand of an Ashton Gate which was still being redeveloped. I didn't get caught up in so much rain...

Photos from my friend below...

Match report:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-england-1-0-bosnia-herzegovina/

4 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Tonight is the Lionesses' first game in Bristol since 2015, in a Euro 2017 qualifier. I remember sitting in the South Stand of an Ashton Gate which was still being redeveloped. I didn't get caught up in so much rain...

Photos from my friend below...

Match report:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-england-1-0-bosnia-herzegovina/

That is actually the one and only Women's game I have ever attended...before anyone slams me for not trying Women's football ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I am the same regarding Women's football as you. Can't fake an interest, infact it gets the opposite reaction from me. Good luck to them and I hope anyone going enjoys a decent game, but not for me.

My mates have just taken the piss out of me for ‘biting’ when they asked if anyone was going to watch ‘us’ at AG tonight ?. I had no idea England Women were playing tonight (knew it was sometime soon) and I certainly don’t see it as ‘us’ playing - that would be City or Bears men’s teams for me.  I now remember asking my partner and daughter if they wanted to go back when it was announced and there was no interest at all.  The very best to them tonight though -  judging by the odds it should be an absolute cake walk so hopefully plenty of goals for those going!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I actually used to watch them every now and then before it felt forced upon us. 

I remember going to an England ladies game at the Memorial ground 20 odd years ago. 

I tried to like it but it's just not for me. If they played in the men's league then unfortunately they would play at a very low level and that's why it's not for me. Good luck to them tho. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1