IGNORED

Arnold Clark Cup

Port Said Red

Be interesting to see if this sells out, and how quickly. Lionesses definitely have a big pull these days - last week I bought tickets for the “Finalissima” (Lionesses v Brazil) at Wembley and there was a big online scramble to get them.

Real shame it’s not a week earlier during February half term, ticket prices and the whole vibe around women’s football is very family friendly.

On 17/02/2022 at 21:25, WECANDO said:

Very enjoyable game to watch. Good passing, plenty of movement and impressive skills on show. 

I've heard it said by both players and "studio experts" that the women's game lacks physicallity, so they make up for it with passing and movement off the ball.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting to read no UK TV companies have agreed the TV rights to the women's world Cup later this year 

A 0730 and 0930 kick off time isn't too fanciable for coverage 

I'd have assumed it'd still be with BBC. Hopefully it still will be a terrestrial channel...

And as for the time difference, it was going to be inevitable with any sports tournament based over that part of the world.
I got up for as many England games as I could during the Rugby World Cup in the autumn, with the final kicking off at 6.30am(?) UK time.
ITV did hype it well...

From last night's Conti Cup sem-final between Arsenal & Man City. Leah Williamson's challenge on Lauren Hemp which got no attention from the referee at all.

Both teams are playing again this weekend in the WSL, but I hope both will get on by the time they meet at the Lionesses training camp...

4 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

From last night's Conti Cup sem-final between Arsenal & Man City. Leah Williamson's challenge on Lauren Hemp which got no attention from the referee at all.

Both teams are playing again this weekend in the WSL, but I hope both will get on by the time they meet at the Lionesses training camp...

Wow, the Arsenal player just elbowed her out of the game. Is this legal now?