IGNORED

Arnold Clark Cup

Port Said Red

20 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

She drives me insane, but she does tick a lot of boxes for the media.

Vicky Sparks, my god that woman's voice is like running your  fingernails down a blackboard, box ticking surely must be the only reason she has a job couldn't they have found a woman with a more TV/ Radio friendly tone, I admit I mute MOTD when she is on.

• Like 2

Two of my nephews (12,8) are going tonight. Eldest has load of mates going (12-13 age range) and are all obsessed with the woman’s England squad. Not as much as the mens, but know all the players, who they play for, rumours of who they’re signing for etc etc. 

I don’t think people quite understand what the Euros win last year will really do interest wise for the next generation down growing up. 

• Like 16
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Two of my nephews (12,8) are going tonight. Eldest has load of mates going (12-13 age range) and are all obsessed with the woman’s England squad. Not as much as the mens, but know all the players, who they play for, rumours of who they’re signing for etc etc. 

I don’t think people quite understand what the Euros win last year will really do interest wise for the next generation down growing up. 

I said last summer that it will do to the women’s game what Italia 90 did for the men’s. 

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Glen hump said:

She drives me insane, but she does tick a lot of boxes for the media.

I got the chance to speak to her at Wembley the day England won the Euros, she's just as random in the flesh 

23 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Laura Woods and Ian Wright down the Gate ?

Sadly didn't meet the preferred choice 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Haven't watched a game at the Gate on tele on a long while so disappointed to see the camera work is still honking. Got to sort that out.

Has nothing to do with us, Is sky/itv/whoever had broadcast rights bring their own production/filming crew. Been pretty crap this half tho

Edited by petehinton

21 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

It may be the TV but the pitch doesn't look its usual pristine condition 

Just thinking the same, looks terrible!

Also I hope that they keep that goal celebration music shite to England games! 

Mate of mine who has gone said they had to pay £30 to park at the cricket club! Thirty quid! ?

Edited by One Team

Watching from upper Lansdown as opposed to normal Dolman vantage point. Good news - the tannoy is fantastic. Bad news - the music is shite.

As for the game, England clearly steps above Belgium. Seem to, however want to overplay a lot - majority of play down right hand side but James seems to want too many touches and isn’t getting the final ball right (6/10). There seems to be a reticence to release Bronze far side who’s been screaming for it and in a good position several times for a quick ball behind. Time it gets to her it’s 10 passes later and too many players in front of her. No coincidence though she’s been involved in both goals - has used it excellently every time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1