IGNORED

Arnold Clark Cup

Port Said Red

• Admin
1 hour ago, BCFC101 said:

It looks like there's still 300ish tickets available for next Wednesday at Ashton Gate if anyone fancies it, maybe they've released more since announcing it's sold out

A number of tickets had to be held back for the other three countries (not England) also expect unsold corporate seats

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

England 2-1 Italy

Belgium 2-1 Korea Republic

Winners of England v Belgium at Ashton Gate on Wednesday will win the Arnold Clark Cup 

I see that it is a sell out attendance.

Any idea how many that actually means ?

The Bears have the record attendance for the stadium at 26,399 (City 26,088).

It would be a bit weird to have a ladies team to have the record crowd for the stadium (and piss a few off as well) :laughcont:

22 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

We'll find out on Wednesday.

The attendance record at the Coventry Building Society Arena was broken today, beating anything set by Coventry City or Wasps..

23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It would be a bit weird to have a ladies team to have the record crowd for the stadium (and piss a few off as well) :laughcont:

Why would it be weird? The Lionesses are the reigning European champions. They also helped break the record for the highest attended Euros final (men or women) last year with 87,192 at Wembley 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Wouldn’t piss anyone off, let’s be honest the Man City game would sell 40000 plus if there was space 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Wouldn’t piss anyone off, let’s be honest the Man City game would sell 40000 plus if there was space 

Oh, it'll piss off a couple on here.

No doubt about it.

And I doubt that we could sell 40k if we had the capacity - sounding like that other lot.

Edited by bcfc01

12 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

We'll find out on Wednesday.

The attendance record at the Coventry Building Society Arena was broken today, beating anything set by Coventry City or Wasps..

Why would it be weird? The Lionesses are the reigning European champions. They also helped break the record for the highest attended Euros final (men or women) last year with 87,192 at Wembley 

Plus I doubt there is need for segregation , so all seats available. We can't sale much more than 26k by the time they put netting on the seats. Same with Rugby, almost amounts to a different stadium.

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Got my ticket for Wednesday, looking forward to it

However what is this cup? Seems very made up with some random teams in it. What's the purpose?

One of a number of small invitational tournaments held across the women's game around this time of year. I suppose you could say it's somewhere in between the Nations Cup in men's football and the Six Nations in rugby.

Effectively it's a series of friendly matches organised as a round-robin the add a more competitive element.

One thing I hadn't clocked is that England no longer compete in the SheBelieves Cup (the equivalent in America) since this was set up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Clark_Cup

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Oh, it'll piss off a couple on here.

No doubt about it.

And I doubt that we could sell 40k if we had the capacity - sounding like that other lot.

I think the club announced when we played Man Utd that we could've sold "twice the number" of tickets sold for that game. That might just have been a standard thing to say in the circumstances or a way of saying demand outstripped supply a bit, but this part of the country is definitely an "up for the cup" type football area, interested in the occasional big/knockout game rather than being yer week in, week out sorts.

We did actually sell 42,000 tickets for a game v Walsall about 8 years ago, let us not forget.

• Like 2

Right, probably better in here that the away fans best pub thread :)

Just in case anyone wants a ticket, there are several available at the time of writing; 46 in W3 & 5 in W13 (£30+£1), and 2 single seat tickets in S18 (£10+£1). Don't know why the S18 tickets are that cheap. (Adult prices quoted.)

Anyway, link https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/en-GB/events/arnold clark cup/2023-2-22_16.45/ashton gate stadium?hallmap

• Like 1