IGNORED

Poor Old Everton

2 minutes ago, Waconda said:

Really can't decide which one of Everton v Man Utd I want to lose most.

Lampard was good player so must be a good coach ......... right ?                

I want to say Man Utd. Relegation for Everton would probably mean seal clubbing in the Championship, next season. Also Lampard, if still there, would get a practically free promotion on his C.V. 

24 minutes ago, SBB said:

I want to say Man Utd. Relegation for Everton would probably mean seal clubbing in the Championship, next season. Also Lampard, if still there, would get a practically free promotion on his C.V. 

Potentially they could be only one division above Tranmere Rovers next season, that's hilarious and should prompt a new HMHB song. :)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They are so, so bad. Two great saves from Pickford saving them so far. 

haha, right on time!

To be fair never saw what everyone else did in Pickford, over emotional flapper were my thoughts but -

Last 3 games I have seen he has been brilliant.

Also far calmer in demeanour and actions.

On 08/04/2022 at 17:59, Colemanballs said:

I hope they go down. No issue with Everton, but (and you think you've got it bad) Burnley are my second team. Relatives from that neck of the woods, the first ever live game I attended was at Turf Moor when they beat Sunderland to gain promotion to the old first division in the early 1970s.  Bristol City and Burnley. What did I do in my previous life to deserve this?

you shagged everything in front of you and now the spirits are getting their revenge. Look out @Rudolf Hucker?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DaveInSA said:

I think they’re gonna stay up now. I’d love them to come down. 

Burnley have to win tonight to have any chance. That was a big point last night

Edited by Super

23 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Three points for Burnley tonight, puts the pressure right back on them, prior to the Merseyside Derby at the weekend 

Everton are clearly getting bugger all versus their neighbours. If they keep it down to a reasonable stuffing they'll be doing well.

Edited by Ska Junkie

On 09/04/2022 at 12:22, SBB said:

No such thing as a ‘free promotion’ - especially from the fifth best division in the world - any club who gets promoted from the championship has done extremely well and a huge amount of the credit for that should be shoved the way of the manager - this division is not easy to get out of ...

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TomF said:

Josh has been outstanding this half 

He has, and I think, if he continues in this form now he seems to be back in the starting 11, he could be instrumental in Burnley staying up.

If they do get relegated, though, he will surely be off, thus earning us some useful funds.

On the subject of relegation, all the talk seems to be of a battle between Burnley and Everton for the final spot, but Leeds are by no means safe and have a pretty tough final few games.

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He has, and I think, if he continues in this form now he seems to be back in the starting 11, he could be instrumental in Burnley staying up.

If they do get relegated, though, he will surely be off, thus earning us some useful funds.

On the subject of relegation, all the talk seems to be of a battle between Burnley and Everton for the final spot, but Leeds are by no means safe and have a pretty tough final few games.

I think with Palace Brighton and Brentford with nothing to play for they should pick up enough points.

54 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No such thing as a ‘free promotion’ - especially from the fifth best division in the world - any club who gets promoted from the championship has done extremely well and a huge amount of the credit for that should be shoved the way of the manager - this division is not easy to get out of ...

Yeah fair play to Fulham, they really had to grind this season out. All with Mitrovic barely scraping 40. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, SBB said:

Yeah fair play to Fulham, they really had to grind this season out. All with Mitrovic barely scraping 40. 

Man City, Leeds, Charlton, Bradford, Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester City, Ipswich Town, Barnsley etc etc etc - relegated from the premier league and struggled like hell to get back, most even getting relegated to the third tier - and most haven’t ever got back to the promised land ... it ain’t easy 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Man City, Leeds, Charlton, Bradford, Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester City, Ipswich Town, Barnsley etc etc etc - relegated from the premier league and struggled like hell to get back, most even getting relegated to the third tier - and most haven’t ever got back to the promised land ... it ain’t easy 

Most relegated before parachute payments were introduced so quite irrelevant to the point made

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So absolutely nothing recent then? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

History has shown it's a great deal easier for the clubs with parachute payments, though I know they are not a cast iron guarantee.