IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

2 minutes ago, redpole said:

With Pearson saying previously we have to be smart with our transfers and trade players maybe he will look at the likes of James Hill loan, Ben Pearson or even Sikri Dembele transfer as part of the deal. There is also the opportunity of Scott returning on loan. 

Bournemouth certainly have players that would interest us, and them having to free up squad space could fall favourably to us.

However the chances of Scott returning on loan are non-existent. 

If Scott were to join a top 6 club, then a loan-back becomes a possibility. However for a club like Bournemouth, he becomes a valuable asset.

1 hour ago, tin said:

Scott’s surely got bigger suitors than Bournemouth? They also passed on the opportunity to sign him as a kid, so he’ll remember that. I think it’d be an awful move for him, and in any case Brownhill is their main target.

Beat me to it.

28 minutes ago, redpole said:

With Pearson saying previously we have to be smart with our transfers and trade players maybe he will look at the likes of James Hill loan, Ben Pearson or even Sikri Dembele transfer as part of the deal. There is also the opportunity of Scott returning on loan. 

I totally get the “swap” names, but you’d hope that our recruitment had identified players wider than from one club who might take our player.  It feels like Wells / Brownhill and although there are financial efficiencies to be made, I feel it really narrows the pool.

Ben Pearson - I wonder whether City fans would appreciate his game if it’s in a red shirt for us?

Jamal Lowe - good loan and see what happens

James Hill - not seen him play.

25 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Channel Islands not Isle of Wight !

I'm not an expert in Geography but I'm pretty sure all islands south of the British mainland are closer to Bournemouth than Bristol?! Might not be as much benefit as I'd thought judging by our commuting experts earlier on the thread.

11 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Can't say I know much about Hill apart from he's Matt's son and had a good time at Fleetwood and is an England youth International. Is he at a level yet where he would actually improve us? 

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/james-hill-at-fleetwood-town-202122-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The biggest risk with loans is the caveats that parent clubs will probably want to apply, even a 6 month loan can be expensive, and then there is the possibility of having to give a player a certain number of minutes, which can have a detrimental effect on the squad.

This is true, and I’m also wary of part exchanges. I’d imagine any “makeweights” Bournemouth (or any prem club) have in any deal will be on decent wages, and as a starting point will seek parity. What we don’t want to do is sign someone like Ben Pearson and end up paying out above squad wages for 3 years.

For me, any exchange has to be predicated on them fitting in our structure - which in itself may limit the exchange “pool”

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

He’s his fathers son judging by the below!

Always liked Matty Hill. Damn good defender and if it wasn’t for his size, think he could have played higher. 

4334FA20-D66F-4939-B964-95F78714299D.jpeg

Best things about Matty by a mile were his attitude & professionalism.

Whilst numerous team mates were off down the waterfront getting shitfaced he wasn’t.

Plus, if we were away up North 2-0 down in pissing rain he’d still be putting it in, not giving up.

He didn’t play for the likes of Wolves, Sheff U & Preston through luck, he bloody earned it.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This is true, and I’m also wary of part exchanges. I’d imagine any “makeweights” Bournemouth (or any prem club) have in any deal will be on decent wages, and as a starting point will seek parity. What we don’t want to do is sign someone like Ben Pearson and end up paying out above squad wages for 3 years.

For me, any exchange has to be predicated on them fitting in our structure - which in itself may limit the exchange “pool”

Personally I would rather avoid them, I appreciate that I would have missed out on seeing Tammy for example, but I am acutely aware that in the aftermath we were just left with a Tammy sized hole in our squad. 

Try before you buy is obviously different, but even that has backfired on us on many occasions. 

It does piss me off when we get beaten by teams where half of their players are loanees, it feels like cheating in some ways. 

It would be interesting to see if anyone has examples where we were in a better position after a loan or two, not just short term but over the long term too.

7 minutes ago, Vidal said:

£20 mil for both Scott and Semenyo would be excellent business. Add in hefty sell on clauses for both.

Selling our crown jewels to Bournemouth, has it really come to this? :facepalm:

This must be how the landed gentry must feel when they sell up to the Nouvelle Riche. :(

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Vidal said:

£20 mil for both Scott and Semenyo would be excellent business. Add in hefty sell on clauses for both.

I'd be a little disappointed if we only got a combined £20m for both of them to be honest. 

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This must be how the landed gentry must feel when they sell up to the Nouvelle Riche. :(

Does it matter who we sell our best players to? As long as we get the best price we can so we can improve the clubs finances and hopefully re-invest some as well then i'm happy. 

Ultimately, i'd prefer not to have to sell any of our better players but this is football and you can't stop players from moving on, especially to the PL  (plus we need the money).

11 minutes ago, Negan said:

Pleased if true that we are not taking the first offer and also interesting that it indicates it’s now a case as to where Antoine goes and not if. Seems likely to be out the door in the coming weeks and may start a busy month of trading for us.

11 minutes ago, Negan said:

I’m not putting much stock in the providence of that site. It states both that we’ve rejected the bid and that personal terms can’t be agreed. The latter would follow the former being resolved, so I’m going for it being total guesswork and the site not being a great source of info on us.

However, it has given me the opportunity to meet singles from Ukraine and get some mean high waisted bottoms, so not a total waste of time.

6229C41A-841E-4078-A62D-D66F0F631CB8.png

• Haha 16
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Negan said:

According to that, Bournemouth also couldn't agree personal terms with the player.

But seeing as they can't talk to the player until the club have agreed to sell to Bournemouth, I think we can dismiss this as a work of fiction. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

However, it has given me the opportunity to meet singles from Ukraine and get some mean high waisted bottoms, so not a total waste of time.

I think the adverts are personalised to you @Silvio Dante. What you do in your spare time is your business, whatever you want to do on those lovely sofas.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

We know why, Bournemouth cheated FFP, got to the Prem, then became of parachute payments had an enormous advantage last season, so went up again.

It is shit, but that’s how modern football works.

As every day is a school day, it is “nouveau riche” or “nouveaux riches” if used in the plural, by the way ?

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

10 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

According to that, Bournemouth also couldn't agree personal terms with the player.

But seeing as they can't talk to the player until the club have agreed to sell to Bournemouth, we can dismiss this as a work of fiction. 

It is possible to allow it to work the other way around too.  You can give permission to talk / discuss personal terms and then go about agreeing a fee.  In some cases doing it that way ensures you are negotiating a fee with a player who actually wants to go.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

But seeing as they can't talk to the player until the club have agreed to sell to Bournemouth, I think we can dismiss this as a work of fiction. 

Very very rarely works like that these days. Clubs will offer wages/package to the representative, representative will tell player, player says yes/no, and from there the club will submit a bid. Is quite rare these days that it’s bid - bid accepted - terms as a flow, even less so with it being a surprise to the player, ala Pack to Cardiff for example 

@Davefevs was fastest finger, soz!

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1