IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

What do you think of the reported fee Dave? Seems light to me. 

Tough to know without the insight on the add-ons.  It shows we were right to turn down £6m + add-ons, then £8 + add-ons, if those alleged numbers are right…and that our opening position of £15m (I’m guessing) helped.

And I think we set a deadline of today also.

Other than that, fees will be whatever they’ll be.  Goalposts shift, Antoine might be pushing from his side.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tin said:

I can’t have it that £9m fee and hope Gould tells them where to shove it. Hold out for £12m.

We have absolutely no idea what the “add ons” are.

It could be a payment is triggered after a certain number of games (25?, 50?).

A further bonus if they stay up, a significant sell on percentage.

If he’s pushing to go (as I suspect) then we are just looking to do the best deal we can & I trust Gould.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Complication of course is Conway’s injury & Martin being out in the cold.

Realistically Wells, Weimann & the inexperienced Bell isn’t enough until TC is back.

What yesterday showed though is when we know a deal is happening then we have a plan in place.

If Kalas stays fit & presuming Dasilva doesn’t depart, I actually think we are ok defensively.

Looks like Scott is sticking around so with him, James, Naismith playing in MF, Williams & King as cover, plus Sykes’ versatility we are not too badly served there, either.

Over the last few weeks I think the squad dynamic and its recruitment needs have shifted.  You could easily argue with Vyner and Atkinson partnering each other, Kalas and Naismith are the cover.  And if Naismith is cover, that a CM might be a priority.

Hoping we are lining up Ogbene.

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

If the reported fee is correct, then what kind of "add ons" can make it up to the £15m that we set as a valuation? I hope one of them is not based upon them staying up!

I suspect a non-relegation clause could be included, but expect the kind of 20, 40, 60 apps type stuff, plus of course a percentage sell-on.  The relegation one is a bit of a funny one, but I see why it does get included.  And we’ve benefitted in the last from payouts, e.g. Brownhill.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ooRya said:

I really hope for Semenyo's sake that Palace do come in for him.

Whilst he will undoubtedly get a lot more money, which I totally understand, I can't believe that playing for Bournemouth is the "Premiership Dream" that a lot of players aspire to.

No. I think you’re right. Although I’d suspect wherever he goes he’ll be at least quadrupling his weekly pay. 

You’d think any Prem move would see him on at least 30k. I bet he’s 8k here at the very most. 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Complication of course is Conway’s injury & Martin being out in the cold.

Realistically Wells, Weimann & the inexperienced Bell isn’t enough until TC is back.

What yesterday showed though is when we know a deal is happening then we have a plan in place.

If Kalas stays fit & presuming Dasilva doesn’t depart, I actually think we are ok defensively.

Looks like Scott is sticking around so with him, James, Naismith playing in MF, Williams & King as cover, plus Sykes’ versatility we are not too badly served there, either.

No disrespect to either Tanner, or Sykes. But I think the squad as a whole could definitely improve in those areas. Aside from those 3 goals, I've not been overly impressed with Sykes recently. The Blackburn game being a case in point, and Tanner gets a nosebleed if he goes over the half way line.

It'll be interesting to see whether Weimann is available for this weekend (NP's press conference hopefully). It's been 3 weeks, and we've been there before (Kalas, Naismith, James, JD) where these things can get drawn out.

If/ when AS goes, I'm sure we have options to bring people in up front. Hopefully a refresh across the squad will put us in a better position to stay up, and push on for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, NcnsBcfc said:

No disrespect to either Tanner, or Sykes. But I think the squad as a whole could definitely improve in those areas. Aside from those 3 goals, I've not been overly impressed with Sykes recently. The Blackburn game being a case in point, and Tanner gets a nosebleed if he goes over the half way line.

It'll be interesting to see whether Weimann is available for this weekend (NP's press conference hopefully). It's been 3 weeks, and we've been there before (Kalas, Naismith, James, JD) where these things can get drawn out.

If/ when AS goes, I'm sure we have options to bring people in up front. Hopefully a refresh across the squad will put us in a better position to stay up, and push on for the rest of the season.

Don’t forget we have Wilson to come back from injury. I think Tanner is doing okay and three right backs (along with two or three more that can play there if pushed) may be too many.

For me, we need one more forward who can play both left and centre, a midfielder and we could potentially bring forward summer planning if we are not likely to keep Dasilva or Kalas and the right player is ready to move now. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I think Tanner is getting better and better, including what he does in opposition half.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, NcnsBcfc said:

We have Wilson as well, I can’t see that we will look at potentially a 4th right back option.

Tanner gives us a more defensively solid RB, I’m not sold on his distribution but we moaned about not having defenders who can defend & he certainly does that.

Sykes has been played out of position (I really don’t see him as a RWB) but as a low cost, versatile squad player he’s fine by me.

Contrast him on a free & what he’s already contributed with the Adelakuns etc in the recent past.

Don’t actually care if Weimann is fit for Saturday, Bell can play, as long as he’s in the squad for the league games after the window closes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

For what it’s worth I think we’re selling semenyo when his stock is highest and you can’t keep a player when they don’t wanna be here. So, thanks Antoine, but we move on… however disappointed we might be. 

Value drops dramatically if he's here in the summer, plus the club needs the money (which is common knowledge to other clubs)

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We have absolutely no idea what the “add ons” are.

It could be a payment is triggered after a certain number of games (25?, 50?).

A further bonus if they stay up, a significant sell on percentage.

If he’s pushing to go (as I suspect) then we are just looking to do the best deal we can & I trust Gould.

100% trust RG. Just seems a weird turnaround from the reported offers previously - doesn’t appear to have moved too much imho for us now to accept.   But as Dave and others have said - the add ons are the key here.   I just really hope them staying up doesn’t account for a big chunk of them. 

Edited by lenred

Just now, lenred said:

100% trust RG. Just seems a weird turnaround from the reported offers previously - doesn’t appear to have moved too much imho for us now to turnaround and accept.   But as Dave and others have said - the add ons are the key here.   I just really hope them staying up doesn’t count for a big chunk of them. 

Us or them?

We just don’t know, do we?

Ones based on appearances made with a hefty sell on percentage too seem bankers, if any (most) of it is down to them surviving that’s far harder to understand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Over the last few weeks I think the squad dynamic and its recruitment needs have shifted.  You could easily argue with Vyner and Atkinson partnering each other, Kalas and Naismith are the cover.  And if Naismith is cover, that a CM might be a priority.

Hoping we are lining up Ogbene.

I suspect a non-relegation clause could be included, but expect the kind of 20, 40, 60 apps type stuff, plus of course a percentage sell-on.  The relegation one is a bit of a funny one, but I see why it does get included.  And we’ve benefitted in the last from payouts, e.g. Brownhill.

Totally agree re: recruitment. 

We will have to replace Antoine. Ogbene has caught my eye as well.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Don’t forget we have Wilson to come back from injury. I think Tanner is doing okay and three right backs (along with two or three more that can play there if pushed) may be too many.

For me, we need one more forward who can play both left and centre, a midfielder and we could potentially bring forward summer planning if we are not likely to keep Dasilva or Kalas and the right player is ready to move now. 

All good points @LondonBristolian

I just feel from an attacking perspective we are a bit lop sided at the moment. With the vast majority of our attacks down the left hand side.

Blackburn were well drilled on us last Sat, and when they shut down Pring. That showed up the lack of productivity from the right hand side, it left us a bit devoid until Bell came on and added a bit more impetus.

Completely agree with both you @GrahamC over Tanner defensively. When Pring goes, he stays, and provides cover for Vyner & Atkinson. Makes a huge difference as people have said, playing a right back there, rather than someone out of position.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We have Wilson as well, I can’t see that we will look at potentially a 4th right back option.

Tanner gives us a more defensively solid RB, I’m not sold on his distribution but we moaned about not having defenders who can defend & he certainly does that.

Sykes has been played out of position (I really don’t see him as a RWB) but as a low cost, versatile squad player he’s fine by me.

Contrast him on a free & what he’s already contributed with the Adelakuns etc in the recent past.

Don’t actually care if Weimann is fit for Saturday, Bell can play, as long as he’s in the squad for the league games after the window closes.

I meant with Weimann, if 2-3 weeks turns into 2-3 months.

We've been there before.

Edited by NcnsBcfc