IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

On 20/04/2023 at 23:04, Davefevs said:

This is a list of all academy players yet to appear in the first team (inc Pre-Season).

image.thumb.png.3b1a3ed9c363a03ec4db81fc91726044.png

…at least the ones I know of / have read about.

Callum Hewlett is I believe Matt’s son.

What has happened to James Taylor ?
Saw him a couple of times for the U21s and was quite impressed. Must be getting to the age he breaks through here or is released.

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

What has happened to James Taylor ?
Saw him a couple of times for the U21s and was quite impressed. Must be getting to the age he breaks through here or is released.

He’s in my first team list, because he played pre-season in the first team.  As far as I’m aware he returned from his Cheltenham loan, played one, maybe two u21 games and nothing else.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

He’s in my first team list, because he played pre-season in the first team.  As far as I’m aware he returned from his Cheltenham loan, played one, maybe two u21 games and nothing else.

I knew he played a few Cup minutes for Cheltenham , but seems to have dropped off the Radar. 
I miss those live U21 feeds.

• Like 1

On 20/04/2023 at 22:46, Davefevs said:

Araoye (LCB)

Knight-Lebel (RCB) maybe one more season away, but you never know

Palmer-Houlden (CF)

Plus Morrison (Left Side anywhere it seems), Wood (LB/LCB), Thomas (CF) and Leeson (RB) have been on the bench, whilst Low (CB), Idehen (CB), Francois (CF) have made brief appearances.

I see Taylor-Clarke as part of the first team group now.

I think this is pretty much the list I would make of those players that will be involved next season, I might add the goalkeeper Casa-Grande, I know Wiles-Richards is the current understudy but I am led to believe that J CG is considered the one with the most potential on our books. 

As I have said on other threads, it's a tight balancing act, I understand what @Kid in the Riot means when he says 4 seems a bit light, but that space to bring in the Academy youngsters is key to getting the best talent to come here in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think this is pretty much the list I would make of those players that will be involved next season, I might add the goalkeeper Casa-Grande, I know Wiles-Richards is the current understudy but I am led to believe that J CG is considered the one with the most potential on our books. 

As I have said on other threads, it's a tight balancing act, I understand what @Kid in the Riot means when he says 4 seems a bit light, but that space to bring in the Academy youngsters is key to getting the best talent to come here in the first place. 

Yep, if you think that of the three likely leavers this summer (Kalas, Dasilva and Scott), only one has been a starter, one has been in and out and pretty much second choice now and the other injured virtually all season, it feels like four signings gives us a lot more depth than it might on the face of it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I understand what @Kid in the Riot  means... but that space to bring in the Academy youngsters is key to getting the best talent to come here in the first place. 

I struggle to square this with our stated aims, though i.e. getting in the playoffs/promotion. Unless we have a young Lionel Messi coming through or, at the very least, a couple of Alex Scotts.  Which is highly unlikely. 

I can't visualise some of our current first teamers playing in a promotion winning team, never mind doing so with promising kids on the bench or getting regular games!

Also, injuries this season have exposed the lack of depth in our squad and I can't  see how continuing to rely on kids will improve our depth of quality, either.  

All that said, a pathway is vital.

Tis a difficult circle to square, for sure. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I struggle to square this with our stated aims, though i.e. getting in the playoffs/promotion. Unless we have a young Lionel Messi coming through or, at the very least, a couple of Alex Scotts.  Which is highly unlikely. 

I can't visualise some of our current first teasers playing in a promotion winning team, never mind doing so with promising kids on the bench.

Injuries this season have exposed the lack of depth in our squad and I can't  see how continuing to rely on kids will improve our depth of quality, either.  

A difficult circle to square, for sure. 

I get that.

For me, I’ve seen at times this seasons that we aren’t that far away.  If we could add one or two “upgrades” together with a couple of players that can help with the depth, then we ought not to be quite so exposed by injuries and hopefully maintain those more promising runs we e had this season.

As always, a lot depends on recruitment.  But also keeping key players fit the majority of time, e.g. James, Naismith.

I guess we will have a much better feel at the end of July / and end of window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, if you think that of the three likely leavers this summer (Kalas, Dasilva and Scott), only one has been a starter, one has been in and out and pretty much second choice now and the other injured virtually all season, it feels like four signings gives us a lot more depth than it might on the face of it.

You can add Benarous into those choices too, I think he would have got a lot of minutes this season and looks to be in the running to be around pre-season.

14 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I can't visualise some of our current first teamers playing in a promotion winning team, never mind doing so with promising kids on the bench or getting regular games!

Also, injuries this season have exposed the lack of depth in our squad and I can't  see how continuing to rely on kids will improve our depth of quality, either.  

Tis a difficult circle to square, for sure. 

You'll never win anything with kids? :)

You have to think that all those playing right now will be treated as core for next season, I think with the mooted 4 signings that takes us close to 24 players before the next group of youngsters is considered, that sounds a reasonable balance to me.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You can add Benarous into those choices too, I think he would have got a lot of minutes this season and looks to be in the running to be around pre-season.

You'll never win anything with kids? :)

You have to think that all those playing right now will be treated as core for next season, I think with the mooted 4 signings that takes us close to 24 players before the next group of youngsters is considered, that sounds a reasonable balance to me.

Good point.

Was chatting to @GrahamC last night…

…said if Kalas, Scott and Dasilva went and we signed four (*), we’d look like this:

image.png.a0a16ca5662977539c16cc3c1e8fee39.png

* guesses as to early incomings

# injured

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

On 22/04/2023 at 14:22, Davefevs said:

Good point.

Was chatting to @GrahamC last night…

…said if Kalas, Scott and Dasilva went and we signed four (*), we’d look like this:

image.png.a0a16ca5662977539c16cc3c1e8fee39.png

* guesses as to early incomings

# injured

Add Joe Bryan and that is a very decent squad that should be good enough for a top six finish.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

He looks to have beefed up a bit to me

Yep, and he was always a big strong guy before that - you wouldn’t want to be a defender with him bearing down on you.

Still the same combination of a sublime touch one minute and couldn’t control a ball in a car park the next. Great to see him doing well though. 

• Like 1