IGNORED

FA Cup 22-23

22A

Just now, ralphindevon said:

Yeah it’d be nice if you couldn’t draw someone in your own division in the 3rd round, such an anti climax.

At least we’re not playing them the week before or after like has happened before

Just having this conversation with mates. Would be great if they could do this for just the 3rd round. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Beyond a joke all our shit draws

One of the greatest mysteries alongside no penalties

It is nuts.  When was the last really decent FA cup draw? West Ham at home? Boro? Prem teams at the time.   Can’t remember a good away draw - West Brom maybe.   Good day out but none of them exactly glamour ?

4 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Weird how many all prem ties and all championship ties there are yet again 

Yes - there does seem to be a dearth of “romantic” ties in recent years and the Prem team tends to get drawn at home.

another underwhelming tie for City, quelle surprise. To call that a “Derby” is a bit of a stretch. True, we disike one another but neither are each team’s main rival - not sure if put hem in the top three.

Sadly after the antics of their brainless fans in the league game we’re going to have to give them a bigger allocation for this one per cup rules. They’d better not play up again.

Just now, lenred said:

It is nuts.  When was the last really decent FA cup draw? West Ham at home? Boro? Prem teams at the time.   Can’t remember a good away draw - West Brom maybe.   Good day out but none of them exactly glamour ?

Wolves at home the year after WBA was the last half decent one.

We have had a very lengthy run of tedious ones, often playing other sides in our own division.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

We have had a very lengthy run of tedious ones, often playing other sides in our own division.

Completely forgot that one tbf. Still not a team to get any embers going though. At least we’re at home I guess. Small victories and all that! 

I was hoping for one of the scouse sides away as were up in Liverpool that weekend watching Peter Kay would have rounded the weekend off perfectly. 

Some pretty feisty off field ties if you know what I mean 

cardiff v Leeds / spurs v Pompey 

utd v Everton ( 9,000 ) for cup game 

weds V geordies  even us and Swansea .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Not a great draw but not horrendous either. I’ve quite enjoyed the atmospheres V Swansea over recent seasons - the game feels like it has more edge than the Cardiff games these days for me.

Agree 

I said that for a while now , over the last few years this has been a fairly feisty fixture ( off the pitch ) both home and away 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am pretty sure we haven't played Spurs or Arsenal since the old first division days, it seems either of them is overdue.

I’ve been saying this for ages especially as they now have new grounds, Spurs ground looks amazing.

I’ve always had a thing for us playing the north London duo, probably since we did the double on both in our first season in the top flight. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Define cheap? I would imagine £25 up to £35 for middle  or somewhere around there is the going rate. If they can do tickets for £20 I think that's pretty good.

Straight after Xmas make it 15 quid and get a decent ish crowd in. 25 to 35 quid people won't bother

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I wouldn't say Wolves was a good draw as it was in the fifth round. At that point in the competition you're pretty much guaranteed to get a big club.

Our luck of drawing anyone big in rounds 3 and 4 is absolutely pathetic. It's literally been happening since 1994 - nearly 30 years. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Talking about Shrews, decent draw for Cotts - Mackems at home. That could well be a TV game too.

Possibly, guess it depends how many are shown live now.  Apart from the obvious ones - Utd, City, Liverpool -  I’d think that Oxford v Arsenal and Weds v Newcastle are shoe ins and then possibly Boro v Brighton and Cardiff v Leeds.  

• Like 1