IGNORED

Keith Stroud

GrahamC

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I didn't think he was any worse than any of the other rubbish Refs we have week in, week out.  But he still pisses me off.
What was it,
4 2nd half Subs, 5 bookings , keeper down for 2 minutes and no end of time wasting. That adds up to 4 mins?
Yeah ok Keith.

You can’t blame Keith Stroud for only 4 minutes being added. The time is decided by the 4th official on the touch line. Imagine if Keith Stroud had ignored the 4th official and played a few minutes more and Wigan had scored the winner! Result - meltdown on the forum 

Thought all the on-field officials tonight were fine. Stroud booked a couple of theirs for time-wasting, plus both McClean and Sykes for their contretemps. Blame the 4th official for only 4 minutes of added time at the end and even then Stroud played 5+ minutes. If it was anyone else we would be saying how good the referee was compared to many we have seen this season.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Wigan probably had a better shout for a pen with the Tanner handball in the area. 

By rules its not as it hit him above the shirt sleeve cut so we'd have been hard done by if he had, but I've seen EFL refs give them anyway regardless

• Like 1

Others have already mentioned that Stroud had a decent game so won’t go into that, but also as infuriating as it is I also don’t think there was a strong case for more than 4 minutes being added. 

30 secs for Wells sub

30 secs for Sykes and Bell double sub

2 mins for keeper being down during which the only Wigan sub in the 2nd half was made so wouldn’t get another 30 secs

1 min for time wasting - only contentious one but tbh consistent with the rest of the league 

Plus the already mentioned additional time on top of the 4 for the incident in the corner at the start of stoppage time 

So, annoying yes but I think we’d struggle to make a case to justify anymore than 4 being added. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

He was fine, bit lenient on the time wasting but by no means the worst ref we have had.

Wigan were physical but with the exception of James McClean (who could start an argument in a phone box) they were a hard working, honest side.

10 unbeaten, another point on the board.

Thought something happened at the end when players going down tunnel.

14 minutes ago, Super said:

Probably an unpopular opinion bit thought he was pretty good. Far better than the clown from Saturday.

Don’t think that’s unpopular at all. 

The standard is terrible & he gets attention because of past performances but for a while now he’s been better than plenty of refs.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, sephjnr said:

He ended the game when we were 20yds out teeing up a cross. And we were the first to let him know this, especially as he owed us at least another minute from Wigan's 11 being a nob.

He gave us more than a minute as it was. And he blows for time on the basis of his watch, not who’s got the ball and what they’re about to do. If he’d let us get another cross in and it goes out for a corner…then what? 

Remember that ref in the World Cup years ago who blew for time just as the striker hit the ball but before it crossed the line?!!!

8 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Thought something happened at the end when players going down tunnel.

Opposite side of the pitch to me but I don’t think you would need to be Inspector Morse to work out why with James McClean on the pitch.

Let’s just say he has “issues”.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Super said:

Probably an unpopular opinion bit thought he was pretty good. Far better than the clown from Saturday.

Most of knew that Stroud was the referee and expected another poor display and he was booed fore the kick off - I’ve never heard that before. His reputation preempted him.

However he was fine. One or two ‘dodgy’ decisions like all referees.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

You can’t blame Keith Stroud for only 4 minutes being added. The time is decided by the 4th official on the touch line. Imagine if Keith Stroud had ignored the 4th official and played a few minutes more and Wigan had scored the winner! Result - meltdown on the forum 

OK, Being old school (and just old) I thought the Ref still lead the decision of how long to add. That said , and the fact that Wigan could have scored has no bearing, it is a minimum of 'X' minutes. Stroud has the power to add as much as seems fit, he did try to gee them up to get on with it, but then added virtually nothing on at the end. 
Personally I will be glad if they take the timekeeping away from Refs somehow, so the added time doesn't seem so random.

• Like 1

• Admin
10 hours ago, MelksRed said:

At least let the ball go put then blow on the reactivation. Poor decision.

So the ball doesn't go out of play for a number of minutes we keep playing?

It's is irrelevant where the ball is, when time is up time is up

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Opposite side of the pitch to me but I don’t think you would need to be Inspector Morse to work out why with James McClean on the pitch.

Let’s just say he has “issues”.

Expect it was Williams and McLean

Thought Stroud was actually fine last night for 89 minutes, very good in fact compared to his normal standards.

But I have never seen a ref blow for full time with the ball literally 6 feet away from the attacking penalty box, irrelevant of who is in possession or how much added on time to the added on time is being played. 

Edited by OneTeamInBristol

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

He actually played 5 mins 30 seconds (i always put the stopwatch on ?). Allowing us to have that last wasted free kick.

He was fine for last night. Only took 80+ mins for Mclean to get involved.?

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why was McClean getting booed? Was it something about him refusing to wear a poppy on his shirt?

I don’t think so, just think he’s a very committed player who straddles the line of what’s inside the laws of the game and what isn’t.  He can be a bit of a nob, likes a bit of confrontation, but that’s just the way he is, and the exception in the modern game.  He is still a very capable player and you can see why he played lots of games (150+) in the Prem.

49 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

He actually played 5 mins 30 seconds (i always put the stopwatch on ?). Allowing us to have that last wasted free kick.

He was fine for last night. Only took 80+ mins for Mclean to get involved.?

Me too!