IGNORED

Keith Stroud

GrahamC

21 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Not criticising his whole performance, I thought he was fairly consistent throughout the match.

I did think he lost some control during injury time though. 4 minutes added on, and 3 bookings during that time. 

My point with the final whistle, is that I would argue that the phase of play had not ended. 

But, as far as I’m aware, there’s nothing in the laws of the game that either allows or requires the referee to take “phases of play” into account when blowing for time. They end each half when the 45 minutes, plus any additional time, is up. That’s all. The only exception - which is specified in the laws - is to allow a penalty kick to be taken. (Whatever that is!). 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve just d/l the clip and watched it back a few times.  McClean isn’t the innocent party in this either.  He’s gone in with more force than Tanner, almost on his knees with a sweeping action, launching in from further away.  He could’ve got a yellow too.

D66FDC2E-B31E-480B-B249-5C9C0CBE7FAC.thumb.jpeg.b394c4b90056b3216e9eabd42f6bb158.jpeg

31A6016A-4962-4B77-BFCA-3D9EC53BD3D6.jpeg

From these pics it looks like Tanner is sliding in with his right foot along and down on the pitch and getting to the ball first whereas McTwat is jumping in knees first and a good second to the ball. No foul.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

From these pics it looks like Tanner is sliding in with his right foot along and down on the pitch and getting to the ball first whereas McTwat is jumping in knees first and a good second to the ball. No foul.

Just sums up the poor standards of Refereeing in the championship. 
I am not sure ? that Atkinson was at fault for their free kick prior to Wigan equalising. The Wigan player appeared to be holding Atkinson around the shoulders ! So once again undone by inconsistency of officials 

18 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

Just sums up the poor standards of Refereeing in the championship. 
I am not sure ? that Atkinson was at fault for their free kick prior to Wigan equalising. The Wigan player appeared to be holding Atkinson around the shoulders ! So once again undone by inconsistency of officials 

From my angle it looked like Atkinson had no desire on winning or even looking at where the ball is and his focus was solely on the Wigan player and pushing him out of the way, not sure the ref had much of a choice on that one sadly.

On 17/02/2023 at 08:19, GrahamC said:

That’s nonsense.

This “blip” has been going on for nearly 5 years.

“It all evens itself out” is a myth.

Rather aggressive reply, please try to stay cordial. It’s not nonsense, it’s my opinion and it’s no less valid than your conspiracy theory. If you toss a coin 50 times and it came down heads every time, the probability of tails on the 51st toss is still 50%

On 17/02/2023 at 11:00, WECANDO said:

I commented at the time that it looked like they did an almost identical thing, yet only our man got booked. 

1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

Im watching the Rotherham game and both sets of fans are singing "you're not fit to referee"

Now there is a man I would love to see retire in a weeks time. 

........and yet we have seen ref's this season that make the guy look like Collina!! The guy we had against Rotherham who got every major decision wrong being typical of the standard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

........and yet we have seen ref's this season that make the guy look like Collina!! The guy we had against Rotherham who got every major decision wrong being typical of the standard.

The standard has fallen hugely over the last few years. I think with Stroud though is the air of arrogance he gives off, not just the bad decisions.