IGNORED

Coventry City Carabao Cup away match day thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

We took Bobby off at half time and replaced him with Diony. The Frenchman appeared to have scored a fourth, but had actually punched it into the South Stand goal. 

Wasn't it Fam that punched the ball in? Closest Diony got to a goal was debut v QPR when their keeper kicked the ball into him & it drifted wide I think.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, robin for life said:

Well in recent times, we've needed to score 3 to guarantee a draw, so lets hope we can get a 4th quickly in the second half and put this to bed :)

Nice to see Wells and Conway linking up well, perhaps big Nige, might drop Martin on Saturday and start with them. 

True that. 3-0 is a dangerous scoreline, remember! 

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Before everyone gets too carried away, remember we are playing a second string Coventry team, as evidenced by KP playing !:whistle2:

Well we are without Martin, Dasilva, Klose, Sykes, Kalas and Semenyo so not too bad. Wins a win. Palmer having a shit game by all accounts.

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well we are without Martin, Dasilva, Klose, Sykes, Kalas and Semenyo so not too bad. Wins a win. Palmer having a shit game by all accounts.

Fingers crossed he get's hooked. I would luv it if they do that, luv it.

Edited by AppyDAZE

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

HT coming at a good time, by the sound of it.

Don't want to jinx it but we are well in control. 'By the sound of it' suggests you are listening? If so they are making it sound closer than it is. One moment of danger perhaps in a very one sided match. Bloody hell it feels odd writing that!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Robin 2

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don't want to jinx it but we are well in control. 'By the sound of it' suggests you are listening? If so they are making it sound closer than it is. One moment of danger perhaps in a very one sided match. Bloody hell it feels odd writing that!

Yes, got R. Bristol on. They aren't saying we're under the cosh, but it sounded ;like they were doing more than us for the last 10 minutes or so.

Thanks for giving us a perspective from somewhere there. Top man.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Wow you struggle to show it . Your negative vibe is what we need rid of . Brings the club down . Intelligent suggestions always welcome . But you do t do that do you . Just moan and moan . Jump on every ripple . Shane we cannot get rid of fans like we have players who are not up for the fight . 

At least I don't flap around not knowing what I want like most. I don't like Nigel, think he's a shit manager and he is taking this club backwards. I don't change my mind based on a win or a loss or a new season etc.

• Haha 1

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

At least I don't flap around not knowing what I want like most. I don't like Nigel, think he's a shit manager and he is taking this club backwards. I don't change my mind based on a win or a loss or a new season etc.

You stick by what you think , you haven't disappeared so that's proper in my book.

Just now, billywedlock said:

So explain why he is taking the club backwards . Why is he a shit manager . What would you do ? Who would you bring in ? 

That's such a shitty way out of it. I'm not a football manager it's not my job to decide on what needs to be done in recruitment or on the training ground. I'm also not a club ceo who can decide on who we bring in. 

Its the same as me asking you do you think you are a good fan by blindly supporting a manager who clearly isn't good enough? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BasSavage88 said:

That's such a shitty way out of it. I'm not a football manager it's not my job to decide on what needs to be done in recruitment or on the training ground. I'm also not a club ceo who can decide on who we bring in. 

Its the same as me asking you do you think you are a good fan by blindly supporting a manager who clearly isn't good enough? 

So you’ve responded to the 2nd 2 questions but not the first 2? Why not give those a go?

• Like 1