IGNORED

Nige morphing into LJ

Davefevs

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Only gone and used the “over-aroused” terminology today!! ???

Good questions today, open answers as a result. ??

Oh come on Dave. Pearson is a decent football manager who is there for the good of the team and club.

LJ? No comparison and nowhere near the man manager that NP is. 

Have you drunk too many sherberts today?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Only gone and used the “over-aroused” terminology today!! ???

Good questions today, open answers as a result. ??

I think Johnson is a term trend setter I remember after he signed Hegeler he referred to him as a Rolls Royce of a player, weeks following Skysports and Talksport we’re using the term regularly… maybe it’s a similar case to when you buy a car you start to notice everywhere ?but something I noticed 

Edited by Logical-City

I look at the questions and answers regarding the 'local Derby with Cardiff' and can't help but laugh and roll my eyes.

What difference does it make...why make it an issue...why create more tension and pressure, when there really isn't a need? It's not even a ' derby'. The blue few got so bad that the ' media' had to find another.

It's bollox. 3 points up for grabs that should have no more meaning than Blackburn.

Does anyone actually go on about beating Cardiff? Seriously? And if so ..why? Who gives a **** ..it means nothing.

Just a hyped up game for the media because the Gas are so bad.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, spudski said:

So true all Spuds  comments. Severnside derby my butt !! 

sooner Gas get near us the better to provide competition and push us on the better. Proper Derby not one created by media. 

I GUESS I am alone in that view but used to love the derbies with the gas. Good times and bad. Still think it will be a while before we are in the same league again. Perhaps not even in my life time. 

• Like 2

As Spudski say the Gas are no longer a serious rival. We hardly ever play them and that means that City have no serious rivals. It used to Swindon but they’re languishing somewhere in the lower leagues so the next nearest club is Cardiff and not only do the press love to big up a derby, the fans love them as well.

I don’t have a particular dislike for the Bluebirds but I still do for Swindon Town. To me they’re a cocky bunch shits and I’d love if they fell into the conference. My dislike for them goes back 50+ years to the days of Don Rogers…………..…..:disapointed2se:

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I look at the questions and answers regarding the 'local Derby with Cardiff' and can't help but laugh and roll my eyes.

What difference does it make...why make it an issue...why create more tension and pressure, when there really isn't a need? It's not even a ' derby'. The blue few got so bad that the ' media' had to find another.

It's bollox. 3 points up for grabs that should have no more meaning than Blackburn.

Does anyone actually go on about beating Cardiff? Seriously? And if so ..why? Who gives a **** ..it means nothing.

I love beating Cardiff personally- or more accurately, I hate losing to them. Still only 3 points but the thought of losing to them makes me feel physically sick which I don’t get with Sunderland et al. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

It shouldn’t make a blind bit of difference to the players,but back in the day going to ninnian park and the amount of times we played them was always a good day with the let’s say thuggish behaviour going on,as for the gas nowadays is there even a rivalry it’s been so long and nobody cares anymore 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It shouldn’t make a blind bit of difference to the players,but back in the day going to ninnian park and the amount of times we played them was always a good day with the let’s say thuggish behaviour going on,as for the gas nowadays is there even a rivalry it’s been so long and nobody cares anymore 

I remember my first game at Ninian Park back in the early 70s, as a young schoolboy.

We arrived at the station to be met by a huge, baying mob of Cardiff fans, screaming and throwing coins.

The men and 'big boys' charged out, whilst we scrabbled about picking up all that loose change - kept me in sherbert for weeks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, spudski said:

Totally agree.

Never sure if it was because I am not from Bristol, but Wiltshire as a reason why I have never seen Cardiff as a 'derby'. Our cringeworthy media department ram it down our throats. Don't care if it's Cardiff, playing them is like playing any other club to me. 

My must not lose games are two teams - Rovers and Swindon, it's just they're both crap nowadays and we never play them

I would add I have no dislike for Cardiff, even a grudging admiration for them...lets be fair they signed  Tomlin off us, (that took some bottle) and it is a fact their history re performance is better than ours in reaching the premier league twice !

The two Cities are comparative similar in size...  however they sold their soul to that Malaysian guy (Tan) and I am unsure if the 'red' flag still flutters over the stadium.  I always recall a 'What the f*****g hell is that' from an away end when we visited, that drew applause from the Cardiff fans ! A classic moment ?.  

10 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I remember my first game at Ninian Park back in the early 70s, as a young schoolboy.

We arrived at the station to be met by a huge, baying mob of Cardiff fans, screaming and throwing coins.

The men and 'big boys' charged out, whilst we scrabbled about picking up all that loose change - kept me in sherbert for weeks.

I used to love going to Ninian Park, it was a real shit hole and full of baying and aggressive home fans. The most hostile away ground I ever visited. Even the police were like a bunch of thugs, holding their riot shields like the Roman army. One particular memory was when the home and City fans were behind the goal separated by about 15m metres and high netting.

They were so close that they threw coins thru the netting, empty coke bottles full of piss over the netting……I went for a piss and the away bogs had no roof! 

That was day the iconic photo of Scott Murry cupping his hand  to his ear as he ran down the side to us fans at the other end was taken. That has to be my favourite City photo of them all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

I used to love going to Ninian Park, it was a real shit hole and full of baying and aggressive home fans. The most hostile away ground I ever visited. Even the police were like a bunch of thugs, holding their riot shields like the Roman army. One particular memory was when the home and City fans were behind the goal separated by about 15m metres and high netting.

They were so close that they threw coins thru the netting, empty coke bottles full of piss over the netting……I went for a piss and the away bogs had no roof! 

That was day the iconic photo of Scott Murry cupping his hand  to his ear as he ran down the side to us fans at the other end was taken. That has to be my favourite City photo of them all.

@Robbored no way! Me and the then Mrs Big Al was there too!

Pies, piss and pounds. She hated every minute of it.

And then at halftime a fan was sick in front of her.

She never went again. Hey Ho. Me and boy have. Several times.

Won’t be there tomorrow. Highland Games in Stirling today was more of an attraction…….

20 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

@Robbored no way! Me and the then Mrs Big Al was there too!

Pies, piss and pounds. She hated every minute of it.

And then at halftime a fan was sick in front of her.

She never went again. Hey Ho. Me and boy have. Several times.

Won’t be there tomorrow. Highland Games in Stirling today was more of an attraction…….

Not exactly a good choice for you take your former partner to her first away match - no surprise that she never went gain!

Re the title of the thread:

I know for a fact there lots of tech-savvy young folks out there who are capable of doing exactly this kind of thing for our visual entertainment.

Lee morphing into Nige, or vicky verky.

Come on, I want to see this video.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

That net was like a token gesture, found about £4 (4 pound coins) on the way out - they were serious about throwing coins back then! I was right up against the fence and I'm fairly sure if me and a Cardiff fan reached out we could have grabbed each other through the railings. My favourite away day I think, definitely in the top 3.

I have a funny feeling that was a couple weeks before they played Leeds and had loads of trouble with a pitch invasion.

I noticed that the following year there was a net by there bank in an attempt to stop the bottles of piss being thrown and there was a barrier in the stand moving both us and Cardiff fans away from the central fence, lots of warnings at the front as well about security paint on the front wall.