IGNORED

Points lost from winning positions

Harry

We knew it was a slow build.  Very happy all in all. I’d rather be doing this than constantly going behind in games.  Progress is being made and the squad is looking in a good place with the likes of Conway coming through. We didn’t need to buy a striker after all.  If Kalas can come back and we can keep our best players we will our best season for about 5 years when I think we finished 8th

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

Another fabulous positive post!

Negative against Luton, all ifs buts and maybes, and now this.

The vast majority of supporters are happy with the football so far this season but you always seem to look for something, anything actually to be negative!

Why?

Because it’s frustrating. 
Last season (and the season before) I couldn’t really care. We had a shit team with players I mostly disliked, so when the results were shit it didn’t really bother me as much. 
That’s the thing - I am actually very positive about how we’re looking - in patches!  The fact that I’m being negative about a couple of things is by very virtue of the fact that I believe we ought to be better. It’s good, it’s getting better, I can see signs of progress- but I actually think some obvious mistakes are being made that are costing us these games. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Last season (and the season before) I couldn’t really care. We had a shit team with players I mostly disliked, so when the results were shit it didn’t really bother me as much. 
That’s the thing - I am actually very positive about how we’re looking - in patches!  The fact that I’m being negative about a couple of things is by very virtue of the fact that I believe we ought to be better. It’s good, it’s getting better, I can see signs of progress- but I actually think some obvious mistakes are being made that are costing us these games. 

So you think Pearson is doing a great job then?

For the record, I do....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

So you think Pearson is doing a great job then?

For the record, I do....

As I’ve said before, I think there are some things that he’s doing well with and other things where I believe he ought to be doing better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

The vast majority of supporters are happy with the football so far this season but you always seem to look for something, anything actually to be negative!

Why?

It is becoming quite tiresome.

Just have a few weeks off while we're playing alright and bring all this up when we start losing again.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

At least Conway is surprising you. Big bonus

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Why?

Because he needs to justify his hatred of Nigel Pearson and his Lee Johnson is king credentials. Luckily/Sensibly I put him on ignore. You should try it!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Loosely translates this post says:

When we're bad I don't really care. When we're OK/good I have a moan about little things.

Is that 'support'?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Still outside the playoffs after most predicted us to be at the other end.

Cohesion will build at the back and our attacking options are now better than ever. 

I look forward to watching us play now.

Outside the playoffs, maybe. But look at the list of teams we’ve dropped those 10 points against. 
2 of them were promoted to this league and the other 2 finished 16th and 19th last season. 
We’ve had a relatively ‘easy’ fixture list to start the season. To drop 10 points against what I’d fully expect to be 4 of the weaker teams in this league, could be a bit of a worry when we come up against the better (top 12) teams. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Because he needs to justify his hatred of Nigel Pearson and his Lee Johnson is kin credentials. Luckily/Sensibly I put him on ignore. You should try it!

I really do not miss the Johnson days. Most of the time we were scraping wins and playing on counter attack. We have a side who actually look to effect games now and are worth getting behind. I'd take how we are playing right now above 80% of his reign

• Like 13
  • Flames 4

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Outside the playoffs, maybe. But look at the list of teams we’ve dropped those 10 points against. 
2 of them were promoted to this league and the other 2 finished 16th and 19th last season. 
We’ve had a relatively ‘easy’ fixture list to start the season. To drop 10 points against what I’d fully expect to be 4 of the weaker teams in this league, could be a bit of a worry when we come up against the better (top 12) teams. 

I’d agree if all of the top teams were performing. But Reading are top of the league and it looks a lot more open this year…

I don’t think Hull or Sunderland will be threatened by relegation. And I don’t think Wigan or Blackpool are bad teams either. The league thankfully seems a lot more competitive this year. 

Edited by marcofisher
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

I really do not miss the Johnson days. Most of the time we were scraping wins and playing on counter attack. We have a side who actually look to effect games now and are worth getting behind. I'd take how we are playing right now above 80% of his reign

We have struggled with a ridiculously big squad, massive amounts of money lost and now having to possibly sell either Semenyo/Weimann/ConwAy/Scott because of Lee Bloody Johnson and the fact he was backed all the way into the ffp corner by SL Pearson is the one having to sort it out! 

Miss Lee Johnson. Not me! But I don’t blame him. Someone made him manager and threw the clubs money at him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

12 minutes ago, DaveF said:

It is becoming quite tiresome.

Just have a few weeks off while we're playing alright and bring all this up when we start losing again.

So, because we’ve played ok in spells, everything is rosy and we’re not allowed to be critical? 

12 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

At least Conway is surprising you. Big bonus

Indeed. Very impressive. 

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Because he needs to justify his hatred of Nigel Pearson and his Lee Johnson is king credentials. Luckily/Sensibly I put him on ignore. You should try it!

Got nothing to do with Johnson and I do actually like Pearson a lot. So I’m not sure why you’d think that. But I guess if you have me on ignore you won’t read this. 

10 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Loosely translates this post says:

When we're bad I don't really care. When we're OK/good I have a moan about little things.

Is that 'support'?

No. It means that in the last 2 years we had shite players who I had no affinity to. Therefore when we lost games, I was of course disappointed, but being critical was pointless, because half the players couldn’t give a shit about the shirt and thus it wasn’t as frustrating because there wasn’t much that we could do to remedy things. 
Now that there are some positive signs, and the squad has a lot more players who I feel are ‘buying-in’ then it’s a tad more frustrating that we’re letting things slip. 

Surely there is a place for being critical when we’ve dropped 10 points from winning positions against teams who are on our level. Or are we not allowed to critique anything? 

As I’ve explained, I see positive signs. But there are mistakes occurring - why are we not allowed to discuss this? 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We knew it was a slow build.  Very happy all in all. I’d rather be doing this than constantly going behind in games.  Progress is being made and the squad is looking in a good place with the likes of Conway coming through. We didn’t need to buy a striker after all.  If Kalas can come back and we can keep our best players we will our best season for about 5 years when I think we finished 8th

⬇️

20 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Fair, but we were also losing in this one. Twice. 

??

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

We have struggled with a ridiculously big squad, massive amounts of money lost and now having to possibly sell either Semenyo/Weimann/ConwAy/Scott because of Lee Bloody Johnson and the fact he was backed all the way into the ffp corner by SL Pearson is the one having to sort it out! 

Miss Lee Johnson. Not me! But I don’t blame him. Someone made him manager and threw the clubs money at him. 

He was the perfect image the club wanted at that time. Young, said the right things and was perfect for the younger age group of our support. 

The problem was he had a massive ego and wasn't as clever as he thought he was. 

I trust Pearson, we have slowly improved under him and on what budget? Not a lot. At least I go to games now expecting to be entertained too

• Robin 1

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

So who are the stronger teams harry? WBA, Sheff Utd Watford all dropped points this weekend.

No reason we can't compete. 

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

So who are the stronger teams harry? WBA, Sheff Utd Watford all dropped points this weekend.

No reason we can't compete. 

We’ll see come the end of the season, but I’d expect all 3 of those you mention to be in the top 12. Whereas I’d expect the majority of the 6 teams we’ve played so far to be in the bottom 12. 
I wouldn’t have thought that it was a point of contention that the fixtures we’ve had so far have been rather kind. 

• Like 1