IGNORED

Nige pre-Huddersfield interview

Daniro

Starts off with his normal gruff manner but lightens up towards the end and says some interesting things: about Klose and how he trusts him;  about the emerging coaching role for King, and how he MIGHT  (in the unlikely event of any transfer business this week) have someone in mind for a perm contract and someone else for a loan.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

When NP says that we will honour Baker’s contract, do we think his wages will be paid directly from the club or via an insurance policy?

At a guess & it’s only a guess. I would imagine that insurance would be paid, but any loss to him would be made up by City. Certainly would seem fair to me. COYR 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I'm sorry, but can't the club afford even a tripod/mic stand?  To me it looks a tad amateurish to have a disembodied arm waving in front of the manager (sort of thing we'd take the piss out of certain other clubs for !

I was about to post the same thing! 

Surely in this day and age at a professional football club, with the facilities we have, we can do better than a random arm holding the mic?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Definitely, seemed to take a while to warm up. He even smiled! COYR 

Really interesting interview once it moved on from Baker and team selections, where he was unlikely to say anything revelatory. Interesting insights into the clubs position - and his position - re. transfers & loans, and on not collecting players. Reassuring. I'm glad that we have someone with his experience at the helm. 

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 8
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I'm sorry, but can't the club afford even a tripod/mic stand?  To me it looks a tad amateurish to have a disembodied arm waving in front of the manager (sort of thing we'd take the piss out of certain other clubs for !

I'm pretty sure that's the reporter from BBC Bristol rather than a club microphone. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

At a guess & it’s only a guess. I would imagine that insurance would be paid, but any loss to him would be made up by City. Certainly would seem fair to me. COYR 

Another very honest and blunt interview from Nige - love the bloke to be honest, finally a gaffer who just tells it how it is..!

Just out of interest How long does Baker have left on his contract? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Expires end of this season ie end of May 2023 iirc.

At least he is walking away with a few hundred grand then. No consolation i know..you just hope he has other business interests outside of football to fall back on property etc etc.

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Listening to that, I reckon something MAY happen, he doesn't usually speculate about anything, but to hear him mention .....one perm. one loan,sounds interesting , we'll see .

I have a feeling something is being worked on irrespective of outgoings

• Thanks 2